[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

My home control buttons no longer control my hue lights, despite a direct connection via the hue bridge. Anyone else having an issue with hue?

Working fine for me for both Hue and Lutron devices directly connected to Harmony.

1 Like

Hello,

I was trying to set this up to work with my Apple TV but when I input the device ID into the respective boxes for the Up/down/left/right functions, it does not save the device ID. I have pressed save device and save preferences but neither is working to save the device ID to the harmony parent. I am unable to save these changes for some reason. I was reaching out for some advice on what I may be doing wrong or how to remedy this issue. Also I was wondering if anyone had the specific command for the "Select" function on the Apple TV remote for the harmony so that I can add that as well.

Well, that's a new one! I have never heard of a device's user settings not being saved properly.

• Have you tried rebooting your hub from the Settings menu?
  • You could delete the Parent Logitech device, which will also delete all of its child devices, and then create a new one to see if that one behaves any differently. Note, doing so will break any automations that utilize the original Parent and/or Child devices.
  • The 'device ID' you're referring to is from the Harmony Hub Parent device's State section on it device page, correct?

The device ID is the one from the parent page for my Apple TV! It is definitely odd and I might need to delete and redo the logitech parent app as you had stated. I will try rebooting the hub first and then see if that works, if not I will try the delete and reinstall and then report back! Thank you! I was also curious as to what the command string would be for the "Select" function on the Apple TV, if anyone happens to know how to do that as well as make the volume controls work for the Apple TV instead of the Samsung TV.

I'm still having issues. I got my devices created in ST, I've linked them properly in the Harmony app to the 4 buttons. When I go back and enable debug logging, this is all I see. No UUID's :(. Were my devices created incorrectly?

In case folks don’t know how to add virtual devices:

https://my.smartthings.com/advanced

Do you see the virtual switches change state in the ST UI itself when you toggle via the remote?

Nope. How did you create your virtual devices? I don't see how to add Virtual devices in the iOS SmartThings app unless I'm crazy (I hope I am).

EDIT: Got it. I had to go to Harmony Setup -> Sync in the Harmony app. Virtual devices now show up in ST app and online.

Also, you can copy the GUID's directly from my.smartthings.com devices unless you really need that debug logging experience.

1 Like

Anyone start to have issues with this driver recently? Noticed it earlier this week - basically Hubitat won't control either of my Harmony Hubs anymore and I'm getting "com.hubitat.app.exception.LimitExceededException" errors for the hubs in my logs. Nothing changed (updates/etc.) to Hubitat or Harmony so somewhat stumped.

The harmony works fine through it's own app still as well and IP addresses haven't changed for some odd reason also.

Edit Tried adding a new device/hub, same issue - LimitExceededExceptions.

I haven't noticed any problems here or errors in my logs.

1 Like

No problems here.

So, I Uninstaller Hubigraph and all my LTS items with webcore (was just 2 days of light from weather) and updated/restarted hub and it seems to have addressed it. The update was a minor one (just the most recent) and i had no hubigraph graphs actually setup so I don't think it was those - really think it was just the reboot.

Maybe I'll schedule in a regular reboot of the hub. :confused:

I seem to be having a lot of issues with the Harmony Hub recently. Below you can see that the Hub was successfully connected then disconnected:

I'm frequently seeing the LED turn red on the hub for long periods of time. I cannot see any reason for it dropping off the WiFi network. It has a DHCP reservation and is locked to my Unifi UDR (8' away in the same room). Any ideas? I appreciate this may be a hardware or network issue not a driver problem, but I can't see why it has suddenly become problematic. TIA

Is it actually dropping the wifi connection? (can you see in the controller if it's dropping)

1 Like

It's still visible in Unifi controller in Devices as it has a reserved IP, but is disconnected from the WiFi with a red LED on the Harmony Hub. It'll then reconnect for a time. There've been no changes and it's always been reliable. I can only imagine it's something to do with the latest UDR firmware. A few have mentioned on the Unifi forum that Harmony needs to be on a dedicated 2.4 GHz WiFi rather than a SSID thats a merged 2.4/5 GHz, but I've not had problems until recently. At the moment it's online but no doubt it will drop off again...

Does it's experience score look bad?

I have mine set up for the same SSID on 2.4/5ghz. Is there some minimum data rate or minimum rssi at play maybe kicking it off the network?

I have mine locked to an AP too. But I have older AC Pro AP's and a non unifi firewall.

Looking fine currently, been up over 6 hours since last drop off. I think I did notice at one point that the AP/Client Signal Balance was Poor:

I don't have any minimum data rate/minimum RSSI setup on the network. I've got the UDR router and two U6 Lite APs. Each is on a separate non overlapping channel and the 2.4 channels were chosen to be the 'quietest' with regard to neighbouring WiFi networks. All devices are locked to the nearest access point.

Looking at my WiFi network as a whole and sorting the client list by uptime, there are 4 devices where the current uptime is in hours rather than days. 2 are iPhones, 1 is this MacBook so all of those devices have left the house today. It's just the pesky Harmony Hub that doesn't want to stay connected long term.

I have no idea what that poor balance means. I see that a lot too even when everything is working and has great signal.

Some of the minimum data rate stuff is enabled with them set to auto.

Not saying that's an issue, just spitballing ideas. Like you said, maybe a firmware update caused something.

I've been having fits with a couple of wyze cams lately, and magically after an unifi update they started working great again

1 Like

I think I took them out of auto and disabled all that.

No problem - thanks for the pointers. It's good to get feedback from another Unifi user.

Yeah I also have a couple of wired LAN devices where the connections are good but they regularly drop on/off the network. When I say they drop off the network I mean that Unifi reports connected/disconnected but they work perfectly and I don't see any issue other than the rogue Unifi reporting. One of them is my Netgear ReadyNAS and I would know if that had a connection issue.

1 Like

I really love this. It's worked great for me for ages. I don't do anything fancy with it. I mostly use it to automate the color of the Hue lights behind my TV.

Here's a strange request. I have some RM rules that are triggered if the TV itself is on, no matter what activity is chosen. I've been using the "TV Power Off" switch as the trigger. But, when TV Power Off is off, then the TV is actually on, and vice versa. And every single time I have to really think about what condition I need to test for because my brain doesn't want to wrap around this.

Is it possible to have a simple "TV Power" switch that's on when the TV is on and off when the TV is off?

Thanks!