[Release] Logitech Harmony Hub Driver v0.1.20230311

Anyone in the UK feel like playing with Harmony Kit? I am retiring my Harmony Hub, Harmony Elite handset+cradle with two IR blasters and UK power adaptors. Free to a caring, technically orientated home. They're in working 'used' condition, but still functional for anyone who want to play around or as a back up for the day their remote goes down (Logitech have ceased manufacture).

Free, but I would appreciate postage, or you can pick up from Kennington in South London. Msg me.

If I wasn't in Canada I would definitely take you up on that. Out of curiosity what are you switching to? Not much choice out there now.

I'm interested :smiley:
I'm suprised nobodys jumped on this already.
How much for postage?

Hi Adam,

Send me a mail mtate@marcnet.net with your location, and I’ll work it out for you.

Thanks?

Marcus

1 Like

I've given up on it, as they are not maintaining the solution too much any more. I've found I can automate most of my kit with Rule machine, to do what I need. Heos speakers, Apple TV, LG Smart TV and a Virgin Tivo Box all seem to have working drivers. Not as slick as the Harmony remote, but a bit more flexible.

Interesting I've looked at trying to get rid of my harmony remote before but for now my family rely on it to much.
Everything needs to be stupid simple :joy:

I haven't touched any of my Harmony remotes in months. I'd be surprised if they were still charged. I use the hub driver in hubitat to do everything I want.

Gentlemen - please keep this thread on topic. Thank you. :slight_smile:

The bulb levels works great on this driver for the light bulb home control buttons. Is it possible to do the same thing for the outlet buttons? We can map the outlet buttons to anything of course. If I could grab the “dim” level of those buttons it would let me control a dimmable bulb with those as well.

The driver code is written to support all 4 buttons with the same functionality.

Ah, I see now. It's specified as socketLevel attributes instead of bulbLevel attributes (I was only seeing 2 bulbLevel attributes...).

I'm unfortunately still having issues with my Netgear Orbi so I might end up having to resort back to a cloud integration. Although I have considered updating my Wifi since I bought the Orbi way back when it first came out. Does anyone know of mesh Wifi systems that don't have this same issue with websockets and the Harmony integration?

I was noticing a bunch of instability with the websocket. I changed two things: 1, I switched this to not use the deprecated websocket API from Hubitat and instead used the newer one. 2, I changed the ping time to 10 seconds instead of 30. Been working much better for me. Just thought I'd share in case this is useful to anyone else!

2 Likes

Thanks! Please either PM me the updated code, OR issue a Pull Request. Would love to see your changes.

I’ll put a PR together tomorrow.

1 Like

Yes I would like that code as well. Please let us know when it is updated. Thank You!

1 Like

Trying to figure out one last thing. I've noticed times where it disconnects and doesn't seem to try to reconnect. Trying to figure out why.

I'll ask again since I never did see an answer....

I've got one hub out of three that requires me to open the Harmony app on my phone or press "save preferences" in the device driver to get the home control buttons to work from the remote. It's not rebooting or power cycling that I can tell. I tried creating a webCoRE piston that will initialize and refresh the device if it detects that it's not present. That didn't seem to work. I'm also monitoring the device to make sure it doesn't drop off the network and it has not as far as I can tell. From reading above it could be network related but I have made sure it is connected to the same AP as another working hub.

Any idea what might be going on?

Have you tried turning on debug logging for the Harmony Hub in HE?

Yeah, it's been enabled since I originally set the buttons up a few months ago. It will work for 3 or 4 days and then the buttons will stop responding. At that point I can either open the Harmony App (don't have to touch anything in the app) or open the device in HE and hit "save preferences". The buttons will go back to working for another 3 or 4 days.

Did you check the logs?