[RELEASE] Linptech/Moes 24Ghz Presence Sensor ES1 ( TS0225 _TZ3218_awarhusb ) drivers

This is a sensor you want if you want to sense motion and small motion including breathing. If you need to distinguish cats from humans you might want AI cameras and not a radar sensor.

Pet immune PIRs or carefully positioned regular PIRs do the job. Vs AI cameras these are much easier to use and they are cheaper. Why to overcomplicate things (always think about KISS)?
mmWave sensors are very nice fit for the bathroom and kitchen environment.

Not debating this topic. Only offering solutions.

Just noticed that I don't see a UL or ETL certification on the back of the Linptech. Does the FCC ID imply the UL certification, or is this just uncertified by ETL or UL? Thanks.

It's not UL or ETL certified. But it's USB / low power, so while I'd much prefer it was certed, I'm OK with it -- it's not dealing with high draws that would otherwise make me nervous.

What I found.
UL certification is only necessary for products that plug into an AC power outlet . Most battery powered products need to have their battery recharged at some point with an AC power outlet. You can avoid this UL certification requirement if your product uses a pre-certified stand-alone charger.
Mine came with No AC power supply.

1 Like

Which this does by default, so I guess the idea is that if you are using a certified charger you're good.

That seems to sound reasonable. But you're talking to someone who still thinks electricity comes from Unicorns. :wink:

1 Like

Well, that thing without UL that you’re holding in your hand does have a cord, but it doesn’t have an AC plug on that cord, so I figure it is exempt. The AC-to-USB supply you use should be UL.

2 Likes

So i've done a few tests w/the sensor in the bathroom, checking to see if it would keep the lights on during a shower, and it's working perfectly. I can even see it triggering motion while I'm in the shower, which is cool. I hang my towel over the shower door and even w/that potential inteference the sensor is working reliably.

Settings:

Very happy.

3 Likes

What is it looking thru? Glass door/plastic curtain/etc?
I use one looking thru a plastic curtain and it works great!

2 Likes

Was just coming back to add that to my post, good question. :slight_smile:

Clear glass door and walls, about 5 1\2 ft away from the sensor.

As noted previously, also have an Iris v2 motion in the bathroom as it provides a speedier "On" than the Linptech.

Thank you.

Yep, the shower situation was the exact scenario I needed a mmWve sensor to solve. Just a curtain in our case, but that was still plenty to block any PIR.

The Linptech works perfectly -- just as hoped! I still use a Hue sensor to trigger the bathroom lights, since I can position each sensor in a way to best do its job.

That Room Lighting rule goes on with the Hue, but off with the Linptech -- works like a charm.

Wuhan, eh?

On another note, remember the recent days when people were concerned with bathing in emf?
Being home automation people, we live for that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was just browsing Aliexpress and saw a vendor selling these sensors, Linptech Presence Sensor ES1, for $16 USD with 12-day shipping to the US. I thought to myself I can't pass up this deal. The only thing was it would not allow me to purchase more than one. So I bought one and tried to purchase a second individual one but it appears their system knew what I was doing and raised the price to $21.88 if I wanted to get a second one. Anyway, if anyone is interested in buying one of these awesome 24ghz human presence sensors on sale for even cheaper than normal here's the link.

$16 USD Linptech Presence Sensor ES1 24 GHz

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/xxxxxxxxx
Never mind…. Bluetooth version. I didn’t see when it linked me there.
Sorry.

1 Like

These are the BlueTooth version!

3 Likes

Thank you for catching that.

1 Like

Zigbee version (Moes) here on Ali...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256805915284574.html

But, Free shipping delivery by Nov 08
PATIENCE HELL I WANT IT NOW
:flushed:

1 Like