[RELEASE] Linptech/Moes 24Ghz Presence Sensor ES1 ( TS0225 _TZ3218_awarhusb ) drivers

Thanks. As everyone knows, I am super, super patient. 3, 2, 1...

Are you done yet? :wink: :smiley:

Seriously, I don't mind the LED, but my wife may have a comment or two...unless she requests a manual intervention it will stay as it is, I do like the confirmation that it "sees me" when it blips blue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will have to do something about the LEDs eventually. I try my hardest to make all my sensors and things as unnoticeable as possible. My wife already thinks I have "too many stupid smart things everywhere" and already I've gone through great lengths to hide them all to the best of my ability.

I'm still kinda testing this thing out though. that last radar sensor I bought and played with really crashed my Hubitat after about three weeks of using it. I don't trust any of this "Tuya" stuff yet. What even is Tuya anyway?

2 Likes

From my point of view, Tuya is a cloud-based IoT development platform, Probably the biggest one outside of the US.

This is the last business presentation that I have found today:

What we use in our home automation systems are the devices produced by hundreds or thousands of OEMs that have developed their products based on the hardware and software solutions provided by Tuya.

I am monitoring regularly the Zigbee2MQTT forums and I can safely say, that Tuya-based devices are more than 50% of all the new Zigbee devices added to Z2M in the last few years.

3 Likes

Ooooo...wife is in the office, sitting still for long periods of time, and light is staying on as it should. I do have a 10m time-out on the light going off to allow her to leave/return for a bio-break or snack w/out it turning off, but she's been in there for a at least two a half hours, mostly still, and it's working perfectly!

Gotta get more of these - they can detect motion through glass shower doors, right?

(And for those interested, the Amazon 10% off coupon is still available, for one device at a time. I used the coupon yesterday and used it again today. Seems like as long as you purchase the devices separately, you can use the coupon on each purchase.)

Starting to believe I can replace a bunch of battery-operated motion sensors w/these types of sensors. Their range of motion (180 degrees, which they seem to be pretty close to meeting), their abilty to accurately monitor presence w/out motion, and being able to have them on mains power is a winner, obviously. My use would probably be primarily wall mounts as I prefer that option to having to run around in the attic running power to the ceiling in each room.

Its been mentioned in the other thread, but its worth mentioning here again. With radar sensors you can actually have them hidden if you don't need the lux sensor values. You can put them behind things that don't block the radar like carboard or art etc. Mine read through drywall. So you can completely hid them for WAF.

1 Like

That cheap 5.8Ghz one I had I could put behind the drywall and it still worked perfectly. This one does not, unfortunately. 24ghz gets blocked much easier than 5.8ghz it seems.

1 Like

I have no problems reading through a 2x4 wall with 5/8 sheetrock and paint on both sides with the Linptech Zigbee motion sensor. I get motion and accurate distance log messages.

I'll try some other locations or maybe I need to turn up the sensitivity...

This is what I have. I'm powering the device with a 2a power plug. Device is aimed horizontal pointed at my desk through a wall about 8 feet away. I can move and make the logs generate movement logs. Check your driver and ensure it's configured correctly.

I'm going to try a picture frame in front of the one in the office, from your experience it shouldn't have any problems getting through that. Thanks for the reminder about hiding them. I I have a second on order to try out in the bathroom.

These will read through a shower glass door/glass wall, right?

At the moment I have mine propped up on my desk pointed across the room. About 10' behind the desk in a large glass window. With the curtains closed, it does not detect me on the other side of the window. I haven't tried much else or changed any settings yet since installing the device with 1.5.2.

I tried in my last location in the laundry room pointed at the carport thru the drywall. Didn't work for me at all but I'll tweak settings and try again tomorrow.

This Linptech radar seems to work great so far, but I am getting this warn message in logs from the device. I haven't noticed any problems with it so I'm not sure what they're all about.

1 Like

Same - repeating.

1 Like

Same here... Seems to occur with luminance reporting...

WOW!!! These ARE nice detectors though!!!!
"sees" through a wood cabinet door!
I am going to try it through glass, but I have my doubts on that one.

Just keep an eye on the events count, although it sounds like they are much better behaved than previous ones. Also, I am assuming that they are repeaters, unlike all those battery powered sensors. Hopefully they’re good repeaters.

2 Likes

Just tried it on a glass picture frame and it worked GREAT!
I was about 4 feet away and the motion detecting setting at 2 meters (6.5 feet).
I had to stay VERY still and partially "hide" from the detector for it to time out, but as soon as I moved it triggered.
The glass seems to reduce the sensitivity though, so that might have to be bumped up a little if used behind glass.

2 Likes

Yeah after further testing, I have been able to get mine working thru a cabinet as well and now some drywall as well. Still playing around with settings. My neighbors probably think I've gone crazy cause I keep walking around in front of my house like a weirdo with the carport light turning on and off constantly (testing motion trigger)

4 Likes

Not sure if "good" yet, but definitely repeater:

2 Likes

Thank you for this driver @kkossev!

Just installed it in our bathroom to cover us taking a shower (PIR can't see behind curtain) or taking a bath (not enough movement for PIR) -- testing seems great so far! This HUGELY simplifies the mess of a rule I was previously using to keep the lights on in those situations.

I did end up leaving my Hue sensor as the "on" trigger for the lights -- it consistently fires just a hair faster than the Linptech -- it's just enough that I'd get side-eye from the wife if I tried to go with the Linptech alone. But no big deal -- they can each play to their own strengths.

I did end up covering the LED with a few layers of electrical tape -- the sensor's pretty well hidden anyway, so no need to make it too pretty. The LED was a bit too much, but if that's my biggest complaint, we're doin' alright.

Look forward to seeing how it really works in the upcoming days -- thanks again!

3 Likes