[RELEASE] Life360+ (BROKEN)

I can see that was must easier to achieve with Life360 since you could have an instance of the app running on each hub with a different place selected as 'home'. Trouble with this is your phone only reported to one server with Life360 and with OwnTracks it's the same but the server is your hub and as far as I can tell, there can only be one server the app will report to.

Quick idea would be to use rule machine to react to a different region being entered to control a virtual presence sensor for your 2nd home and expose that virtual sensor to the other hub via hub mesh.

EDIT: I linked this to [RELEASE] OwnTracks for Hubitat Presence Detection - #185 by zerosum74 so discussion could be continued there.

1 Like

I have updated this to 3.0.25 and still unable to login with phone or email. It's looking like this is to be expected at this point and that future success is unlikely?

That said, looking at the installedapp/status shows (what looks to be) current info.

Thank you!
M.

Yes I’d say this is dead unless Life360 has a change of heart.

So how long will my access token keep trucking on? :grin: :smirk: I'm hanging on by a thread it seems, but been busy so glad I haven't had to scramble for another solution. Does anyone else know of another solution that provides distance from home like life360 does/did?

Bummer. Well I did just verify that all the presents data is still working for me right now. I can't log back in if I lose this token though. :frowning: What jerks. That's a great way to alienate a notable percentage of their customer base. I could see disallowing free people. But I'm a gold member... I'm PAYING for that API access.

1 Like

Check out the OwnTracks integration, I believe most of us Life360 users have been switching to that. I am still primarily running Life360 for the time being, but I'm sure once the token expires I'll lose access. I have been getting OwnTracks working in the background, so hopefully I have everything ready and working well before I need to switch.

Dev has been super helpful getting things running well. I know some users (myself included) have been working out the kinks, but the last couple of builds have been much more stable. I had an issue with reporting today, but it turns out it was something on my end. Fixed, and now everything seems to be working well!

EDIT to add: OwnTracks does report distance from home. Default is in meters, but can be switched to imperial if desired

3 Likes

My Life360 has died today
I'm a silver member so will moan at support hopefully, that might do something if enough of us do

I set up Owntracks last week so I was ready but I'm not happy

1 Like

Mine has also stopped working today - time to look at Owntracks

I feel like I'm in a competition for "last man standing" with a working Life360 connection :slight_smile: I have OwnTracks up and running now, but I can't just quit the "race" haha

1 Like

Me too but I am waiting for the Dun Dun Dun :notes: moment,

Mine is still working as well

Mine is still working, more time for the kinks to work out with owntracks. I have it ready to install and following the support thread.

1 Like

Same! All ready to go once the blade falls, but I am not going to pull the trigger myself (gosh, two horrible metaphors that don't work together).

I just cancelled my Life360 Silver subscription, as it all stopped working today.

Now running OwnTracks, very simple to setup. All family members have been added within the app. Devices are showing within Hubitat and working as presence sensors :smile:

3 Likes

Like others, OwnTracks for the win. Seems to be working reliably for me over the last several days. I've disabled but not yet deleted Life360. I like the audible geofence notifications so I will likely keep it on the phones for that but remove it from Hubitat. Seems like they missed an opportunity to easily convert the "Free" users to a couple of bucks a month subscription.

5 Likes

We have been running owntracks on an android and iPhone here for a couple of weeks and it's working well. Couple of hiccups along the way but easily explained and fixed. It's a solid replacement for life 360. The developer has been really responsive in fixing bugs and adding features.

3 Likes

I've only just noticed that we 'haven't moved' on our HD+ dashboard tiles for 7 days. Guess I'll migrate to Owntracks

As of yesterday, I think, HD+ now supports the newer OwnTracks app

1 Like

Yeah I'm installing the one Joe linked now...

Hi guys I have a question about OwnTracks. Will the monitoring mode "significant changes", work just as well as "Move" but without the heavy battery usage?

What monitoring mode do you guys use?