[RELEASE] Life360 Tracker - Works with the Life360+ app!

I'm super interested in combining my Samsung key fob sensor and Life360 for a more reliable/faster presence sensor but am tripping up on getting this Life360 Tracker app set up.

Walked through the process on the main tracker app, but when I try to get into "Apps > Life360 "child" application to set up the rules/relationships, I assume this is where I say "use Life360 and this Samsung device", I'm getting this:

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: Cannot invoke method replace() on null object

The log

2019-11-15 04:20:05.267 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method replace() on null object on line 133 (pageConfig)

Versions installed:

• Parent: [b9f7f10] Aug 19
  • Child: [a854e92] Sep 20

l360_apps

That's not what this app does at all. This app uses the data supplied from the 'Life360 with States' app to track a users whereabouts. Please read the 1st post for more information.

Once you have this setup and working. There are a few apps that will combine the two presence attributes to better track when someone is present/not present. Like my Presence Plus app.

Did you setup the 'Life360 with States' app first? If you're new (I can't tell because your public profile is hidden) or unsure on how to setup a custom app/driver, please see my 'Docs' folder on Github. Link to Github in 1st post.

Seeing that this child app exists, you should have already been in it and set it up. How did you go about creating this? :thinking: Again, please see my 'Docs' folder for instructions on how to install a custom app.

I have no idea where you got that type of information. Current version is available at the end of the first post. App/driver version can be found at the bottom of each setup screen and within the app code itself (towards the top under 'def setVersion()' section).

Any way to make it so when you click on one of the Life360 tiles, it goes full screen, and when you click again it goes back to normal?

Not that I know of.

New version on GitHub... If you have used this app in the past but moved on, I highly suggest you give it another shot. Got this thing working pretty good this time! :wink::sunglasses::upside_down_face:

Child:
V2.0.4 - 11/23/19 - More code adjustments

1 Like

Heck, I thought it was working pretty darn good before any adjustments

3 Likes

I was one of those folks, but will give it another try at your suggestion. Actually, I was ready to try it again a couple weeks ago but Life 360 themselves were having issues, and wanted to wait to give it a fair chance.

If I may make a humble suggestion, it would be helpful if you'd document end to end responsibilities. What role does Life 360 itself have? What roles does Life 360 with States app have? What role does Life 360 Tracker have? Notice in the thread here a number of times people have been confused by which piece does what.

Somewhat related, if I'm currently using Life 360 Connector, and have one virtual presence device for each person in the household, and also pushing a Life 360 Refresh button every 15 minutes in a RM 4 rule, what of those still remain if moving to Life 360 with States and Tracker?

1 Like

Life360 (phone app) - https://www.life360.com/

Life360 with States - Pulls all the data into Hubitat from the phone app

Life360 Tracker - Uses the data in Life360 with States to do some cool stuff! :wink:

HE Life360 Connector should be at the least disabled, if not removed as it is not needed.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Pardon my ignorance but what does "Is this speaker a proxy device" mean?

proxy

Looking at that screenshot you're not on the latest version... :wink:

Download the latest and it will all become clear.

1 Like

Got it updated. So since I'm not currently using the Follow Me app also, I don't need this checked on?

Exactly. You only need to turn this on if using 'Follow Me'

2 Likes

@bptworld Bryan, I was going to try the newest versions but I am a little confused as to what to use now. Thanks

States
Tracker
??

Read post #288

Ok, I did the states, the tracker, and the user. I see we can delete the container?

@bptworld, I'd like to suggest that you stop trying to answer questions like mine and @razorwing's with instant responses off the top of your head. Put yourself in the position of someone that is currently using the built-in Life 360 Connector (and possibly refresh) who wants to make the transitions to your app(s). Look back through this thread to see the number of times you've told someone "That isn't Tracker .. that's Life 360 with States". Obviously, there is a need to document this.

Being told Life 360 is a "phone app" doesn't help much.

Where do you SEE that!? That is part of the Life360 with States setup.

@bptworld My bad, bad dream. Ok I did these.
states and container-driver and driver (user)
life360 tracker app and child app

Did I miss any?

How else am I to answer questions. Hmmm, let me take an hour to think about it and then reply? Really!?

I did, it's in post #288 AND in the first post.

If you don't know what the Life360 phone app is then there is no need to even look at this app for HE. I'm not going to explain what the phone app does. I'd suggest the person actually go to the LINK I posted and READ it for themselves.

Bottom Line, I do this for FREE as a hobby. If you don't like an app or the way I respond than just move along. There are plenty of other options out there.

Have a great day.

lol, great response!

I'd suggest setting up one at a time and making sure each work before going on to the next. That way you'll know right away if there are any issues and you can ask in the appropriate thread for each app.