[RELEASE] Life360 Tracker - Works with the Life360+ app!

oh great !

thanks

Hi!

I'm missing a trick here, I think.

Attempting to add a tile which shows a recent history list of places/times. I can't for the life of me work out if this is possible, care to nudge please ?

Cheers! =)

Add a Tile, then...
Device -> Attribute -> bpt-history

1 Like

Odd. I'll have another look when I'm home again.

Edit.

Yup, my error again.

Shame I cant seem to have this as a smarttools item (for places) as the tile content displays html coding.

Guess I'll have to webcore it =p

Thanks again!

Hey guys, I recently upgraded from a C5 to a C7 hub and used the migration tool. Ever since then, the response time for this has plumetted.

I have a rule to open the garage door for my wife and I that is triggered by our Life360 presence arrives home. On the C5, this worked flawlessly - I would get home, get the mail (from the car cause I'm lazy), and by the time I backed into the driveway, the garage door would be fully open.

Now, on the C7, I get home, get the mail, back into the driveway.... wait... wait..., then push my button to open the garage (I know - so 2010, right?).... Park in the garage, get into the house, change into my comfy clothes - and THEN the automagic garage door opens.

The delay literally changed from 5 seconds to 5 minutes.

I'm planning to remove the Life360 drivers and the app completely and start again, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this before I go down the road to reinstall.

Apparently I can't webcore it - the html is still included.

Any ideas on how to get the list as plain text? Not sure if it's possible. If so, this'll save me a lot of messy, newbie, webcore functions.

=p

Edit... @josh

I've spotted this (Hubitat HTML Attribute Display - Community Projects - SharpTools Community) but I'm struggling to get this functional. Can anyone offer some assistance please? Cheers!

/edit

Can you clarify what you've tried so far? Probably best to troubleshoot it over in the linked thread so as not to clutter up bpt's thread here. :slight_smile:

I would also note that there's a community developed Life360 map for SharpTools if you are looking for an interactive map on your dashboard.

2 Likes

posted over there. ta!

Found another solution to just banging some plain-text into a box, for anyone who's interested :smiley:

Pic:

copy/paste:
(a) Strips out the html coding

replace(temp, '/div', '', '/table', '', '<>', '', 'div style=', '', 'overflow:auto;', '', 'height:90%', '', 'table style=', '', 'text-align:left;font-size:nullpx', '', 'br>', '', "''", '', '<>', '', "td>", '', "tr>", '', '<<', '')

..and...
(b) bangs a linebreak inbetween each

replace(temp, '<', '. ')

Webcore import:

Quick 'n' dirty, but suits my needs :smiley:

Anyhoo, wondering if you may be able to offer some insight. I've included a screenshot of the output from when I travel to/from work. The drive can be anything between 15 mins (no traffic) to 45, over approx 4 miles.

I find that sometimes there are very few updates, which I'm assuming is down to the timing of when it chooses to check in? Not too sure. Sometimes I'll log a few more locations (nothing saved, just whatever it's picking up), but generally it's sparse with limited use.

I know this isn't the fault of the software, I'm just wondering if you had any thoughts on how to give a better visual? I'm thinking something along the lines of "whilst moving... store current location...wait x mins.....store next location.... " etc.

Not sure if that makes sense. What I'm trying to achieve is to have this:

... more accurately reflect where I actually am throughout the journey.

New version available...

Adjusted speak() to reflect the new parameters.

Be sure to also update Follow Me

Morning, hopefully an easy question for someone to answer.....

I installed Life 360 Tracker to do some more advanced geofencing with my Evohome heating system, such that when im at home the heating is on, when i'm more than 250m from home it goes into economy, and when i'm more than 10km from home it turns off completely. The native 'home' location takes care of economy, and I added another place in Life 360 Tracker that is centred on our house with a circle of 10km. I use the life 360 tracker app to turn on / off a switch depending upon location for the 10km geofence, and some rules around it to trigger the right evohome setting.

I had expected that my state (at location / not at location) would change as I entered / left the 10km geofencing area, and the switch turn on / off accordingly. But it doesnt seem to do that based upon my limited experience. The switch is only on when I'm stationary at that location; it is off when i'm not at that location OR when i'm moving. So, the second I drive out of the house the switch turns off despite being well within the 10km geofencing rule. It also doesn't turn on until I stop at the house, if i've driven back home (when i'd hope it would turn on 10km away).

two questions really; i'm guessing that this is how it is supposed to work, yes? If so can anyone think of a way of doing what im trying to achieve - i.e. evaluate location in / out of a geofencing area, irrespective of whether i'm moving or not? thanks!

HI,
Sounds like your using the free version on Life360. That version works a little different, it doesn't send as much data to HE. Not not sure if this setup will work the way you want it to. I don't have anyway of testing it because I have the paid version.

The only way to know is for you to capture the HE device state as you enter/leave each zone that you have created.

You'd then have to create some Rules (or other means) to work with the values.

ie.
Zone 3 and zone 2 and zone 1 inactive - >10km
Zone 3 active but not zone 2 or zone 1 - 10km
Zone 3 and zone 2 active but not zone 1 - 250m
Zone 3 and zone 2 and zone 1 active - Home

Hope this helps

Thanks for the quick reply; yes, I'm using the free version which may be part of the problem. That said, I can see lat and long data in the virtual device I created, and it will ultimately show me as inside or outside any geofence I set. So, I assume its getting the location data it needs to work. The problem is getting it to trigger any sort of rule based purely on location, irrespective of me moving or not. It seems to only register when I stop moving.

One thing that I've just thought, perhaps it will work if I set the 'Minimum driving speed' and 'minimum transit speed' to the maximum value.... That way it might always register me as stationary at a location, whether I'm moving or not. Will give that a go. Thanks.

1 Like

@bptworld you'll note that I'm making the rounds on these related apps...

I was getting a java null pointer error at line 611 of the child on this one.

In the LT-child code, I think that line 381 is passing a variable name aplace (in the arrived handler) but the variable is defined in the method as aPlace. It was going null as it passed to the "who am I with" method.

I've also been looking at the other one of these that is not in HPM

Is that really just the same as this one, but with the added device code, or would I need to uninstall this one first from HPM?

Fixed, Thanks!

That was never released and is dead in the water. It would have been a nightmare to support. :wink:

New version on GitHub...

2.1.3 - 01/15/22 - Fixed a type with aPlace - Nice catch @es_ferret

2 Likes

Oh. That's too bad. I was intrigued by the possibility of using Tasker.

Thanks for all the help.

1 Like

Where do the history messages go? Are they supposed to send to the Life360 State device dashboard tiles?

Any way to spoof a device location to cause it to change whether it's seen to be inside or outside the radius?

Life360 Tracker Device

Not that I know of

I don't know why, but I don't see any Life 360 Tracker device. :confused:

Edit: I'll try to skim through the thread too see if it has come up before.

I can only see the devices that the Life360 State app originally made. There should be some history because my speaker announced when my daughter came home from an extracurricular this afternoon. I noticed that I didn't realize the location tracker user was a field to be entered (mobile display on my phone). Could it be due to that why the history text was still saying "Waiting for data..."?

By the way, this is why I asked about spoofing - I was curious if I could send latitude and longitude to the app to fake as if a presence sensor was away from home (now that everyone is home).