[RELEASE] Life360 Tracker - Works with the Life360+ app!

Are you using 'My Places' in the parent app and are you using the free or paid version of Life360? Can you show me that page?

Thanks

No I am not using 'My Places' in the parent app. I am using the paid version of Life360 with unlimited places.

Okay, can you show me the actual 'My Places' page though.. just in case I see something

Try the new version 2.2.2. Turn on Debug Logging and make it error out again. Post the screenshot of the debug log.

Thanks

I don't have anything setup in 'My Places'

Okay, still need this...

Hi @bptworld just noticed error messages in the log file for every child app I created with Life360 Tracker

Any ideas what causes this?

Thanks in advance

Need a DEBUG log, see post # 1

Did you select a Life360+ user device AND a device to send the push notification to?

Thanks

Edit:

New version 2.2.3
Added more catch code to push messaging

Yes beside the Life360+ user I added a device to send push notifications. Isn't it the way to set it up?

Thanks

Installed 2.2.3 but sill having the error messages in the log file

Thanks

Still waiting...

gotcha, will send you tomorrow. Have to wait until one of the Life360 devices is leaving again.

Thanks for your help

sent you some debug logging via PM today. Hope that helps

How do I define the "Home" place? In my Life360 circle, we named each of our houses, so there is no place called Home.

New version available

Just choose the one you are currently at the most

@bptworld
After some moving around this afternoon I found still error messages in the log file.
I will provide debug logging tomorrow if necessary. Please let me know.

After update to the latest rev.

New version...

2.2.5 - 09/07/23 - More changes to make it work with Life360+

1 Like

thanks will try it out

still seeing error messages in the logs

That's my fault - I removed these 2 methods from Life360+ when doing some cleanup at one point. I didn't see anywhere they were called.

I went back to the original version to see if I could just re-add those methods. I can but still not sure exactly what they do - at least that sendHistory() one:

def sendHistory(msgValue) {
        try {
            if(state.list1 == null) state.list1 = []

getDateTime()
            last = "${newDate} - ${msgValue}"
            state.list1.add(0,last)

It looks like this method just adds whatever is passed to it (msgValue) to an array. It doesn't look like it does anything with any of the driver state data...

Is it actually used for anything in the Life360 Tracker device? Or, is it just the error in the logs that's the problem?

It's just a list of the last 10 location messages. It populates a device attribute so it can be displayed on a dashboard.