[RELEASE] IRIS v1 KeyPad Driver

Is there updated code available or is it something that can be done by just editing the code here? I also don't use home, so it isn't urgent for me. However, it is good to squash those bugs.

I just started reclaiming all my Iris V1 (Alert.Me devices) my V1 Keypad has this version: * reportToDev : Report Unknown firmware [2012-06-08] - Seems to be working fine.

@iris , Is it possible to use the * and# buttons for other uses? I'd like to assign them functions like cancel hsm alerts or turn off a light.

I think I looked into that right at first buttons 1 - 10 can be remapped to anything using the button controller. But those are function keys. When you press them it starts a internal routine in the keypad to start polling looking for arm status. The HUB has to reply with a state or the batteries will just run down polling. Replying with the state flashes the OFF or ON buttons and beeps.

I can map them to button 11 and 12 but the hub will send the state after you press them flashing OFF ON or PART. That might work I can just assign a button # to all the rest of the function keys.

1 Like

Sir, not only have you revived an old dead device, but you have done so with amazing functionality. This driver is incredible, exposing tons of options and the most complete device info I've ever seen.
Once I saw your driver I immediately grabbed a new keypad off ebay for $17.00 shipped.

I think @arnb might be interested in this

At the moment I'm busy working on my Dew Point app and staying cool.

When I get some time I will look at this. Meanwhile, feel free to incorporate the V1 code into Nyckelharpa's keypad driver.

Thanks Arn.
For those of you unaware, Nyckelharpa is an HSM add-on and makes HSM 1000X better...trust me, you'll thank me later

2 Likes

I finally got to install your driver and the iris v1 keypad works GREAT! One silly question- does the keypad buttons light up in the dark if there is motion like the Iris ver 2 keypad does? Nice feature when your coming into a dark room. Thanks sooooo much again for bringing back to life a great product! Tony

No. There is no proximity/motion sensor in the Iris V1 keypad. They only light up if you press one of the buttons.

Much appreciated! Thanks for your quick response.

I just had to have one of these Iris V1 keypads when I stumbled on one on eBay. I paired it with Hubitat and immediately felt dread regarding setting it up. Removed it from my hub and going to stick with tablet dashboards. It's such a shame because it appears to be an incredibly well made device.

Oh dont give up. The iris v1 keypad is great. The member who created the driver did a great job . I had version 2 and switched and never looked back.
Tony

2 Likes

Ok this is a update. I just bought another keypad on ebay and discovered another firmware. This one doesn't repeat the alarm tone like mine did. Now im wondering what others are doing. Some of the tones mine have are not in this one. So I've made sound changes. Also added options for BAD PIN tones.

I also discovered on one of mine is reporting 2 battery values because one set of batteries is lower than the other. It reports a 67% then later a 78% so far I cant find anyway to tell which battery its sending info for but with 3 sets its likely been sending 3 bat reports all along they just normally match. The bat pack has 3 sets of power input wires making 3 3v supplies. Not sure what to do about this. Perhaps a warning that your batteries are mismatched.

I have made changes in the arming from the keypad. The keypad would arm and then send the HSM arm command. When the HSM replied back it was already armed.
Now it sends the HSM arm command and waits for the HSM to arm it. This should work better if the hub is sluggish, It should arm right when the HSM does. This might make setup easer because its no longer going to arm if you don't add it to the HSM setup. So if you forget to do that you will notice something wrong right away

The HSM sending code has been rewritten to save space.

Delays are also different before the HSM set the delays when in setup. Now it can detect a HSM arm delay change and adjust to it while arming. I had detected it having a different delay than the HSM and this fixes that,

Extra PINS were added in a version a while back.

Autopair is now fixed. The solution was that the HUB is hard wired for the CareFob
inClusters:"00F0,00C0" the keypad uses
inClusters:"00F0,00C0,00F3,00F5"
The hub doesn't know of any other iris device using 00C0 so it thinks any device using 00C0 is a care fob. For now the solution was just to add the carefob fingerprint.

Also the driver is now in the Hubitat Package Manager if you have problems with it matching, I did you may have to switch to carfob delete the driver and install from the Package Manager

@iris What firmware version did you get on your new keypad? Was it unused or used?

Thank you for updating the driver. I have a question. Do you have a list of the sounds? I did see that 10 is the "door chime" which also seems to be used as the disarm sound. What are the others?

@iris I just started with the Keypad I received as a complete kit with sensors etc. After pairing and installing the driver from HPM,(v6.8.5 10/10/2022) I am getting the following error:

dev:6772022-10-16 06:14:14.077 PMerrorgroovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Long#minus.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.Character]
[class java.lang.Number] on line 1453 (method checkPresence)

dev:6772022-10-16 05:14:14.068 PMerrorgroovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Long#minus.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.Character]
[class java.lang.Number] on line 1453 (method checkPresence)

dev:6772022-10-16 04:48:54.135 PMinfoIris v1 Keypad : SendMode: [Normal] Pulses:0

dev:6772022-10-16 04:48:54.126 PMtraceIris v1 Keypad : sending:[he raw 6751 0 01 0x00F0 {11 00 FA 00 01} {0xC216}]

dev:6772022-10-16 04:48:54.123 PMtraceIris v1 Keypad : sending:[he raw 6751 0 01 0x00F0 {11 00 FA 00 01} {0xC216}]

dev:6772022-10-16 04:48:48.066 PMtraceIris v1 Keypad : sending:[he raw 6751 0 01 0x00F0 {11 00 FA 01 01} {0xC216}]

dev:6772022-10-16 04:48:48.060 PMinfoIris v1 Keypad : StartMode : [Ranging]

i'm attempting to use this keypad to lock/unlock a smart lock independent of HSM. i've created rules to accomplish this based on armedaway and disarmed status of keypad that locks/unlocks the lock respectively. however, when the keypad is in armedaway status and the lock is locked, the driver polls HSM and if HSM is disarmed it sends an action to disarm the keypad thus unlocking the lock.

is there a way to disable the HSM polling feature?

I was in the SystronicRF Beta as well. Having them just fall off the face of the Earth was discouraging. When I could not get any answers to questions, I jumped to HE.

Sad to see them go. Their system and concept could have been something.

1 Like

I was wondering if anyone has had luck pairing this with a C8 hub? I am still on a C7 and it works fine, but not working on a C8 is a def reason not to upgrade for me.

I would assume it won't as they no longer support the V1 Zigbee on C8 hubs.

I wish I had know this before I bought my C8, because I would not have. My C7s and C5s worked fine, but I had to have two in my house to cover all my devices. One worked mostly but it was just better response and reliability with two. I had hoped with the C8 I could just use one, and I think it would have worked. I have a number of the V1 iris devices, however, that I can not pair to the C8 so I still have to have 2 hubs.

3 Likes