[RELEASE] Inovelli Device Drivers

Do you have the child devices created? (In your main device list, these will show up directly under the switch in the same table cell if in list view. On the Inovelli device page, it will show up under "Component Devices" at the bottom.) If not, configure the "LED Effect" notification preferences on the device page. Those are the settings that look like this:

In your case, if you don't already have anything set up, I'd fill in all the values for at least Notification 1 and Notification 2. Then click "Save Preferences" (the button below all of this--there are a lot of similar buttons, but you want this one). This should create the child devices. If not, make sure you installed both the driver for your switch/dimmer and their child switch driver.

Assuming you already (or now do) have those set up, all you need to do is "turn on" the child device (it's a switch-type device) when you want that notification to be active. The Notifications app will not work here--its intent is really to send push notifications or audio alerts. In many cases, you might find you can actually use Simple Lighting: despite its name, it's really usable with any switch device, not just lights, and you can "trigger" a switch to turn on based a lot of different events, like time, contact sensors, or motion sensors. (For example, when motion is detected at your front door, you could turn on the Notification 1 child switch you created above.) Rule Machine can certainly also work but would be overkill for many situations. If you have something you're not sure how to do here, feel free to ask!

There's a very slight delay with the Zooz switches as well as the traveler powers the relay(s).

1 Like

i got it.. i missed one setting before it would create the child device.. thanks again.. so far, pretty cool

@ericm Any progress on fixing the driver for the LZW42 RGBW bulb? Thanks

I also found that the programming instructions didn't seem to work dispite confirming that the switch notification light blinked and flashed according to the instructions.

I've also noticed that when I updated log settings via Hubitat they don't always seem to stick.

I was able to eliminate the dumb switch delay by adjusting both the ramp rate and dimming rate. It's basically instant now (wife is unable to detect the difference - all that matters).

The ONLY issue seems to be if you turn the light on and off quickly a few times from the dumb switch, it gets mixed up and stops responding. Pausing a moment and then flipping the switch makes everything right again. Small quibble given that you can use the dump switch and not redo any wiring.

Z-wave pairing was instant.

Assuming long term reliability I'm very pleased with these switches.

Good information! What did you adjust the ramp and dimming rates to to eliminate the delay?

I'm torn in which is the better route to go for 3 or 4 way switches. Using this Inovelli switch and a dumb switch or using a Lutron switch with a pico remote. The thing that had me leaning towards the Lutron setup is the pico could be paired directly with the other Lutron switch if the house is ever sold and the Lutron and Hubitat hubs were removed. Once programmed, will the Inovelli and dumb switch continue working indefinitely?

I set it all to zero.

I also thought about going Lutron and have the Pro bridge. I use it for the Pico remotes and a few lamp plug dimmers. In the end we much prefer the rocker switch to the Lutron buttons.

The Inovelli switches will keep working once the hub is removed. Although I'd suspect given how cheap it is I'd just leave it behind for a new owner.

Cool, I set both to zero as well and the light does come on almost instantly from the dumb switch, nice! I feel like this should be the default setting as I think more people will be disappointed by the lag vs impressed by the fading.

I have a black series dimmer. Can anyone explain to me, in simple terms, how to get it so that the config button can act as a button I can program in hubitat?

I have the dimmer installed and paired in Hubitat but I only had the driver for the dimmer installed at that time. I have since installed the child driver but am lost at this point as to how to get to the point of being able to program button pushes to do other things.

You can't use the configuration button on the Black Series switches or dimmers for anything besides configuration of the switch. This is by design; if you want to use it as a button in Hubitat (central scene events, in Z-Wave terms), you'd need the Red Series.

Also, the child switch driver would not help with this regardless. That is only used for creating child "notification devices" (ways to manipulate the LED bar) on the Red Series. Z-Wave scene events (which get translated as button events in Hubitat) will work without that on supported devices (the Red Series; the Black Series do not send scene/button events, only switch or--on the dimmer--level events).

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. Could I use a custom number of taps on the main dimmer switch to turn on/off a scene? If so, again, how exactly would I do this? I've read this whole thread and can't figure it out!

I don't have my one Black Series switch installed yet to test, but "no" is the most likely answer. It doesn't send button (scene) events at all for taps of the paddle in either direction, only switch or (again just for the dimmer) level events. If it sends multiple switch events in a row, like "on" multiple times if tapped up a few times in a row even when the switch is already on, you might be able to make that usable somehow (and if it doesn't, you might be able to force the driver to do it with isStateChange: true), but it wouldn't necessarily be easy or reliable.

Hmm, odd, I'm not sure why I thought this was possible. Maybe I was confusing it for the red series? Darn, here I was hoping I would have Pico remote like buttons on the hard-wired main swtich in a 3-way set-up.

Yeah, you need the Red Series for that. The Red Series supports scenes (multi taps) and notifications (LED bar effects on demand), which the Black Series does not.

Any help with my button options and what they mean?

They don't seem to match what people are posting about here. I think I am missing some (ie button taps on the UP)

Here are the button sequences:

Tap UP 1x = Button 1 PUSHED
• Tap DOWN 1x = Button 1 HELD
• Tap UP 2x = Button 2 PUSHED
• Tap DOWN 2x = Button 2 HELD
• Tap UP 3x = Button 3 PUSHED
• Tap DOWN 3x = Button 3 HELD
• Tap UP 4x = Button 4 PUSHED
• Tap DOWN 4x = Button 4 HELD
• Tap UP 5x = Button 5 PUSHED
• Tap DOWN 5x = Button 5 HELD
• Hold UP 3 Seconds = Button 6 PUSHED
• Hold DOWN 3 Seconds = Button 6 HELD
• Tap the Config/Favorite Button 1x = Button 7 PUSHED taps

I only have one pushed and the rest held...

And one double tap?

How do I get these button sequences? Mine as shown in the picture doesn't reflect that. How can I fix it?

When you selected the button device trigger did you select 'Prefill all button actions for ..."?

You can also just add the individual buttons you want to add by clicking 'Add another button action'

1 Like

THANK YOU so much :blush:

1 Like

Ok another dumb question

How do I make the button controller?

I did it once before but I couldn't figure it out again. So I copied a previous one but that is what caused my button problems that I previously posted about.