[RELEASE] Inovelli Device Drivers

Hey @bcopeland - have you had any luck in implementing level pre-staging in the LZW42 drivers? That would go a long way to improving the WAF of this setup...

Thanks!

:thinking: Ok.. I can do that

1 Like

So I wasn't sure where to put this post. What has happened to the LZW41 and 42? Can't purchase them anywhere! Anyone from Inovelli know, I hope? Thanks

They're estimating May 1 right now for the RGBW bulbs (and not restocking the CT bulbs at all), but this is a good thread to look for to keep updated on that:

Thanks @bertabcd1234. I didn't find that post so it will be very helpful.

Sooo... this is a really long and old thread that I found while trying to get my NZW39 to work. Seems to pair just fine but I can't get controls to function properly - is there a simple answer at this point (simpler than trying to read a ~400 message thread)?

(I'm unable to get simple on/off commands to work, I can get lights downstream to dim a bit... but the level automatically returns to some default value, maybe 77%??? super odd)

Maybe try the Inovelli driver:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/InovelliUSA/Hubitat/master/Drivers/inovelli-dimmer-smart-plug-nzw39-w-scene.src/inovelli-dimmer-smart-plug-nzw39-w-scene.groovy

Dimmer is no longer produced, but the driver might work for you.

I have the NZW39 working just fine with that driver.

Here is the version I am running it's from 2017 and still going strong.

/**
 *  Inovelli Dimmer Smart Plug NZW39 w/Scene
 *  Author: Eric Maycock (erocm123)
 *  Date: 2017-10-18
1 Like

unfortunately that's the driver I'm using :frowning:

When changing to a new driver you also need to "save preferences" give that a shot:

I've got a lot of Inovelli dimmers and switches and they are working fine with Hubitat. One Red series dimmer however is giving me fits. I can turn the dimmer on and off from the Hubitat app device page just fine. However when I try to turn it on and off from the rules machine it works ~10% of the time, and it's really delayed when it does work.

Any ideas what is going on?

Hmmm, I wonder if there is a "stale" association in it. Did you ever associate it to another device?

Also, are you using security on it? S0 or S2?

Nope, didn't associate it with anything other than pairing it with Hubitat. The details from the device are below. It's so weird, fast and error free control from the hubitat device page, but random and slow control from rules engine. Never had this behavior with any device before. I keep thinking I am doing something wrong in the rules engine but it's so simple.

I misspoke in previous message. It's a gen 2 red series switch, not dimmer.

• deviceType: 2
  • zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x6C,0x55,0x98,0x9F,0x22
  • zwNodeInfo: D3 9C 83 04 10 01 5E 6C 55 98 9F 22 68 23 F1 00 70 85 5C 59 86 32 5B 25 72 5A 73 75 7A
  • associationGroup1: [01]
  • secureInClusters: 0x70,0x85,0x59,0x86,0x32,0x5B,0x25,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x75,0x7A
  • deviceId: 1
  • associationGroup2: []
  • S2: 131
  • manufacturer: 798
1 Like

I am using the Inovelli Dimmer LZW31 driver and I am seeing something odd. Every off of the dimmer is recorded as a physical event. I went to the events log on the device page for the dimmer and sorted by value and every off event was listed as physical for as far back as the log went. I verified its the driver as I just switched to the built in HE driver and now off events are listed as digital. I do in fact turn this switch off manually from time to time, but mostly it is done by motion inactivity.

I use this switch as part of a home activity presence detector. So switches being physically turned on or off indicates there is someone in the house. I have been using this rule for quite sometime, so this must be something new. I did just re-write it to move it from a legacy RM rule to RM5.1. So maybe when I redid the rule I added the switch, although I am pretty sure it was there before. I don't have a copy of the legacy rule.

Maybe I just never noticed it before, since re-writing I have been monitoring to make sure I didn't mess something up. I started realizing I was showing activity during times there should not be any. The cats set off the motion in the room these are in so the lights are turned on and off quite often. So I only want physical actions on this switch to register, for this rule. Just thought I would mention it.

I guess you can disregard my last post. Right after I switched to the built in driver it seemed to be working. However, today I noticed that my pantry light was not turning off when I turned off this dimmer. You have to walk though the Laundry room to get to the walk in pantry. The pantry just has a Sengled bulb in it's light fixture and there is only a manual switch in there. When you walk out of the pantry and go back through the laundry room I use that switch to turn the bulb off in the pantry.

When I looked at events nothing from the dimmer was being reported. I switched back to this driver and now it seems to be working fine. Registering physical off when I manually turn it off. So I am not sure what is going on.

1 Like

Whenever you make a change to another driver or some of the setting on the page I usually go with the "Configure" button to send the updates to the device:

2 Likes

Hi - I've just installed a red series dimmer on a circuit that has both regular LED track lights and hue ceiling bulbs. I'd like to dim the hue bulbs via the switch (via hubitat of course). I'm not clear on the difference between two driver options: Disable local load control and enable smart bulb mode. Presumably the first one does just what it says so the power is always on to the circuit. But then what does Smart Bulb mode do that is different? (Also - is there actual documentation on the driver settings?)

Smart bulb mode makes it so that the load will always output at 100%. You probably want to enable that. Then, you can use "Button Controller" to control the hue bulbs. Here is an example of how to set that up:

This is for the blue series, but it should be the same on the red series.

For info on the parameters and settings I think this might be the best place to look:

2 Likes

Thanks - so if you disable local load control but DON'T enable smart bulb mode - what does that do? Is the difference that you could still turn the power off via the hub if smart bulb mode is not enabled?

1 Like

Yep, exactly. You can still turn the load off via the hub.

1 Like