[RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers

Tell me, what do you need?

1 Like

Sounds good. Will a more correct driver allow me to control these devices using Zigbee groups, like the LED Driver? Or do I need to make automation rules to use the remotes for multiple lights?

1 Like

If you're talking about the Alfa, Bravo... Zulu groups that the IKEA drivers manage, sure -- the new drivers include this functionality as well.

@dandanache

I’m getting

Firmware update for [name:Bucatarie, manufacturer:IKEA of Sweden, imageFileName:null, fileVersion:null] failed, check if the device supports over the air firmware updates.

when I try to update it.

Here’s the data cell content:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 20
  • firmwareMT: 117C-11C1-12223573
  • hwVersion: 01
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
  • model: TRADFRI remote control
  • softwareBuild: 1.2.223
  • type: E1810
1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

I am expecting end of the week a Ikea GU10 RGB bulb for testing, if i need to test something....

1 Like

Looks like you need to keep trying. The instructions and user comments from the other thread might help.

When you select the "Update Firmware" option, Hubitat communicates with the target device, prompting it to check for firmware updates. This interaction can lead to one of three scenarios:

1. The device successfully receives the prompt, queries Hubitat for updates, but none are available. In this instance, the following message will appear in the logs: "Firmware update for … is not available". No further action is required as the device is already up-to-date.

2. The device receives the prompt, queries Hubitat, and updates are available. The download process then commences. You’ll see this message in the logs: "Starting firmware update for …". It’s important to wait patiently until the update completes, which can take approximately 100 minutes for battery-powered devices.

3. The device fails to receive the prompt, likely due to being in sleep mode. This seems to be your current situation. Hubitat waits for a response from the device, and if none is received, the following message will appear in the logs: "Firmware update for … failed, check if the device supports over the air firmware updates". To resolve this, ensure the device is awake (by pressing a button) when you click the "Update Firmware" option and confirm the action by clicking "OK" in the popup.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

My Sound Remotes work fine. What if I upgrade when a newer version comes out, will I need to re-pair then or is it just when going to 4.1.1?

Edit: I'm actually on 4.1.2 so the above will be a no!

1 Like

It was an old battery.
I replaced it, update took about 40 minutes, but it eventually worked.
Thank you.

1 Like

Received, type is LED2110R3

1 Like

Hi folks, off topic but I'm not sure where to post this. My Parasoll arrived today. I've dremmeled a little bit out of my sliding doors and hey presto. A concealed door sensor. I've reversed the sensor so that I can change the battery without removing the device from the door frame. Rudimentary but I'm extremely happy with this :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Great idea. There's a special place just for stuff like this!

1 Like

So. Firmware upgrading 8 of the IKEA Tradfri Remote Control (E1810) and 2 of the IKEA Styrbar Remote Control N2 (E2002) taught me the following:

E1810 Takes 10% every 10 minutes. That’s 100 minutes. So a full firmware update takes 1 hour and 40 minutes.

E2002 Is faster. This ine takes 10% every 6 minutes.
Full firmware takes 1 hour :blush:

The more you know …

2 Likes

Released major version 5.0.0 with the following updates:

Added

• Add driver for Dimmable Lights devices, including LED drivers
  • Add driver for White Spectrum Lights devices (CT)
  • Add driver for Color White Spectrum Lights devices (RGB+CT)
  • Add driver for RGB-Only Lights devices (RGB)
  • Add "lastBattery" attribute representing the time the last battery report was received
  • Add Scenes support using Zigbee Bindings for E1810 and E2002
  • Put all devices in "identifying mode" while "configure()" is running - @UncleAlias
  • E2006: Move "Dark Mode" preference to "setIndicatorStatus()" command and "indicatorStatus" attribute - @userLP24

Changed

• Remove ICPSHC24 driver; LED drivers must use the new "Dimmable Light" driver

Fixed

• Legrand Connected Outlet: Fix blue light is ON when the device is OFF and OFF when its ON - @BorrisTheCat

How to add the new drivers using HPM:

1. First update to version 5.0.0:
    HPM -> Update -> Select "IKEA Zigbee drivers" -> Next

2. Then install the new driver(s):
    HPM -> Modify -> Select "IKEA Zigbee drivers" -> Next -> Tick the new drivers -> Next

3. For folks that manually installed these drivers using the links I posted before (for testing): those drivers will be duplicated by HPM and you need to manually move the devices that use them to the version installed by HPM, then remove the manually installed drivers (having the same name!). Sorry about this.

This version adds 3 new drivers that should handle all IKEA lights: dimmable only (renamed from LED Driver), configurable white-tones, configurable white-tones + color, and RGB-only bulbs.

Important: You may need to re-pair the lights if the auto-configure feature does not properly configure the devices when you just change drivers (and click on/off).

Technical implementation: There are no color-space (XY/RGB/etc) transformations taking place behind the scenes. These drivers use the basic "Move to Hue and Saturation" (& friends) Zigbee commands and the related attributes.

Tested devices:

Dimable Lights
Type Name
LED2103G5 Tradfri Bulb E27 WW Globe 806lm
LED2104R3 Tradfri Bulb GU10 WW 345lm
LED1623G12 Tradfri Bulb E27 Opal 1000lm
LED1649C5E14EU Tradfri Bulb E14 W op/ch 400lm
LED1934G3 Tradfri Bulb E27 WW Clear 250lm
LED1837R5 Tradfri Bulb GU10 WW 400lm
LED1842G3 Tradfri Bulb E27 WW Clear 250lm
LED1836G9 Tradfri Bulb E27 WW 806lm
10EU-IL-1 Tradfri LED Driver (10W)
30-IL44-1 Silverglans LED Driver (30W)
30EU-IL-2 Tradfri LED Driver (30W)
White Spectrum Lights
Type Name
LED2106R3 Tradfri Bulb GU10 WS 345lm
LED2101G4 Tradfri Bulb E14 WS Globe 470lm
LED1949C5 Tradfri Bulb E14 WS Candle Opal 470lm
LED2002G5 Tradfri Bulb E14 WS Globe Opal 470lm
LED2003G10 Tradfri Bulb E27 WS Globe Opal 1055lm
LED2005R5 Tradfri Bulb GU10 WS 345lm
LED2201G8 Tradfri Bulb E27 WS Globe 1055lm
LED1835C6 Tradfri Bulb E14 WS 470lm
Color White Spectrum Lights
Type Name
LED1924G9 Tradfri Bulb E27 CWS 806lm
LED1923R5 Tradfri Bulb GU10 CWS 345lm
LED1925G6 Tradfri Bulb E14 CWS 470lm
L2112 Ormanas LED Strip
LED2110R3 Tradfri Bulb GU10 CWS 345lm
LED2111G6 Tradfri Bulb E14 CWS Globe 806lm
RGB-Only Lights
Type Name
LED1624G9E27EU Tradfri Bulb E27 CWS Opal 600lm
LED1624G9E14EU Tradfri Bulb E14 CWS Opal 600lm

The hero of this release is @UncleAlias who did the awesome and painstakingly work of testing each and every bulb from his impressive collection (and also providing the fingerprints, firmware versions, etc). A big THANK YOU for this!

Well Done

Have fun!

7 Likes

Today I noticed that I get a lot of LastCheckin events for my IKEA window blinds. Haven't seen such a lot of entries in the past. I haven't updated neither my hub nor the IKEA device. Honestly I didn't do any changes. Currently I'm still on v4.1.2.

Any ideas, what could cause this?

That's a great idea, the "lastBattery" reported date&time stamp attribute is coming soon to the Tuya Zigbee drivers as well! :grinning:

SneakPeek - Device Health Status app - soon w/ lastBattery!

3 Likes

Unfortunately I don't have any IKEA smart blinds so I don't have a driver available for them. I am pretty tempted to buy one from the "as-is section" just for this purpose alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm sorry, I thought this driver would be part of your incredible work.

1 Like

I wanted to bring attention to the fact that Dan's 5.0.0 LED drivers allow you to

PRE-STAGE COLOUR AND TEMPERATURE

Which I think is fuggin' awesome, and hence my keenness to test on my 'impressive collection' :wink:

Gotta love this community.

LotB.

2 Likes

Just checking, the "white spectrum lights" should also work with TRADFRI bulb E12 WS opal 400lm as well. Correct?