[RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers

Not sure if this is the right post, but I saw some comments before about updating the IKEA Fyrtur blinds. My question is, how did you do that. Which driver/device type do you use and how did you initate the update. I think this is unrelated to the driver developed by @dandanache.

Thanks for any input.

Hi, I use @a4refillpad driver in my blinds and have done for circa 3-4 years. It's straight forwards and never failed me. Install the driver, pair the blinds and hey presto. I have a few rules which operate them, Alexa and various buttons. However I use a virtual dimmer to control them if I want them open for 40% for example.

Thanks, I use that driver too. What I notice is only one issue regarding the battery status. The driver still shows over 80% but the blind doesn't work anymore and needs to get charged.

On the other hand, updating the device firmware of the IKEA devices handled through dandanache's driver works like a charm. The question is, how to update the Fyrtur firmware?

I'm just curious, who to do that.

Thanks

Change the driver to "device" , press update firmware. Watch the Hub logs.

After its finished change back to driver of choice for the blinds.

2 Likes

Hey guys I'm new to all of this.
I was wondering if someone can help.
I bought a Symfonisk Sound Remote Gen2 (no hub for it)
I paired the remote with the Hubitat.
I added the driver code
but
none of the buttons I press are doing anything on the remote.
I know I missed a step somewhere as the driver needs to somehow connect to the remote.

Do I need to buy a DIRIGERA hub for this to work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you paired it before you installed the driver, then you need to go into the device in the device list and choose the driver in the "Type" dropdown in the device information section.

Then, click "Save Device" then click configure in the upper left section

(Afterwards, I always click Save Device again for good measure after configure)

1 Like

I owe you a beer!!!!!
Thank you so much!
Had to remove and re-pair it but it now registers the buttons.

1 Like

I feel like the blind squirrel that found an acorn
Lol

No beer needed. Just pay it forward

Received the new Vallhorn Motion Sensor and install to my C-8 Hub. I uninstall and reinstalled a couple of times and I get the following info, I'm using the Vallhorn Ikea driver for the E2134. It not showing any motion? is there something that I need to do to get it working. Thanks

Have you pushed the "Configure"-button after saving the device? Usually that is what has been overlooked.

Immediately after the device LED starts blinking red, keep the device as close as you can against your Hubitat hub for at least 30 seconds (after the front light stops blinking and turns off).

I paired a Rodret dimmer recently that looked just like this. Started working correctly on my third or fourth attempt. Pretty sure that I removed the device from HE then paired it "fresh" on my final attempt. Set it directly on top of my HE hub.

1 Like

Thanks I finally got it, I moved it to another C-8 hub and it been working solid for a day and a half. I really don't understand why the first C-8 Hub never work the way it should. Again thanks for the help.

1 Like

Just discovered this, looks great.

My devices are still on the old firmware... If I update and join directly to Hubitat, can I still use group bindings too?
When the power flickers/internet goes out, the group bindings still work even if the hub (currently zigbee2mqtt) is unavailable for a bit while it reboots.
It's very useful to still be able to turn my light switches on and off!

1 Like

you should use ups for hubitat. hubitat is susceptible to file system corruption in the event of a sudden power loss. I had such a case when I was experimenting with power supply from c8, and config damaged. I had no such issues with ikea dirigera hub.

Anyone have connected IKEA ORMANÄS (ORMANÄS LED-lysskinne, smart trådløs, kan dæmpes/farvet/hvidt spektrum, 4 m - IKEA) using these drivers?

I haven't tried yet, just wanted to hear you experience.

If you want me to collect any kind of debug information etc. please let me know and how to do it :slight_smile:

If by "group bindings" you mean pairing IKEA remotes directly with IKEA smart bulbs or smart outlet using Touchlink (10 sec long press the pairing button while really close to the bulb / outlet), then, as soon as you pair the remote directly to the Hubitat hub, the old pairing is removed.

The IKEA remotes are smart enough so we can bind them to the hub and also to other Zigbee devices (maybe also groups? I did not test that), but I don't think we have the "software" to do that. By software I mean support in the custom drivers or a custom app.

These look cool, I might pick one on my next visit!

The only driver on this thread that might work for these is one for the LED Driver, but it only supports dimming. The light strip also knows how to change white spectrum and color. I think that the "Generic Zigbee ..." drivers provided by Hubitat will work fine.

I got it working with 'Generic Zigbee RGB Light' and 'Generic Zigbee RGBW Light' - I see no difference between these two.

These drivers have lowest transition time to be 500ms. I would like instant change, but that is not possible with these drivers.

The reason for using specific drivers would also be for updating firmware if/when new arrives, like with the other IKEA devices.

I have only done some intial testing with change of colour and level, and that works fine :slight_smile:

Let me know if you want me to test something/provide debug info.

Btw. thanks for your awesome work with these drivers :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

If you mean the on/off transition time, you can temporarily assign the IKEA LED driver to your device and use the preference section to change it to instant then click "save preferences". This will write the settings on the device. Then go back to the Generic Zigbee driver. Same with checking for updates.

1 Like

I have a silky question. If I paired my Ikea TRADFRI bulb E26 CWS 800lm led1924G9 to STYRBAR, should also be able to pair it to Hubitat and use both with the bulb?