[RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers

I believe this will require to move this feature from the Preferences section up to the Commands section. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks! I got it working when repairing.
(Also sold in Finland)

1 Like

Great work on these drivers.

I have a newer version of the LED driver that's supported with these drivers, purchased a few days ago. It is no longer named "Silverglans". The new product name is "TRADFRI Driver 30W". The physical appearance is identical, but it includes a dimmer function. The dimmer is not available in the current Hubitat drivers.

The IKEA product code is 603.426.56, which is actually listed as a product code for the Silverglans in these community drivers. I think's that's incorrect. This IKEA code is used for the updated LED driver with dimmer function.

Is there a chance the dimmer function could be added if I supply the necessary information here? If yes, what is needed?

In the device registered I can collect the following:

• firmwareMT: 117C-4109-00010002
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
  • model: TRADFRI Driver 30W
  • softwareBuild: 00010002

1 Like

These are great products, I have 3 of them working without problems. They should work with the "IKEA Tradfri LED Driver (ICPSHC24)" driver. Unless I messed up something, you should be able to control the level (dimmer) for the attached lights.

If you isntalled the HPM package but did not select this driver, use the "Modify" option in HPM to add it later:

2 Likes

Wow!
Thank you!!

1 Like

You nailed it. Thank you :smiley: Works smoothly now. I had indeed not installed the driver correctly, so Hubitat used a built-in driver, which didn't support the dimmer. So error code 40 (error was 40 cm. away from monitor).

Which drivers are best for IKEA Trådfri CT bulbs? I am using the "Generic Zigbee CT Bulb (dev)" because of issues with the "Advanced Zigbee CT Bulb" driver. It would occasionally make the bulb unresponsive until a power cut. Or make the bulb flicker at brightness above 86.

What's the best-practice recommended driver for IKEA bulbs?

My specific model is "TRADFRI bulb E27 WS globe 1055lm" but I am assuming the same driver should work for all CT bulbs...

1 Like

I am working right now on 3 new drivers for the bulbs (actually just 2, since the LED driver you now use can handle all dimmable bulbs). The code is done and tested with the 3 bulbs I have (2 CT and 1 RGB).

@UncleAlias is super helpful with tests against his impressive bulbs collection; he is afterall, The Lord Of The Bulbs :+1:

So please wait for the 5.0.0 release.

3 Likes

Tell me, what do you need?

1 Like

Sounds good. Will a more correct driver allow me to control these devices using Zigbee groups, like the LED Driver? Or do I need to make automation rules to use the remotes for multiple lights?

1 Like

If you're talking about the Alfa, Bravo... Zulu groups that the IKEA drivers manage, sure -- the new drivers include this functionality as well.

@dandanache

I’m getting

Firmware update for [name:Bucatarie, manufacturer:IKEA of Sweden, imageFileName:null, fileVersion:null] failed, check if the device supports over the air firmware updates.

when I try to update it.

Here’s the data cell content:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 20
  • firmwareMT: 117C-11C1-12223573
  • hwVersion: 01
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
  • model: TRADFRI remote control
  • softwareBuild: 1.2.223
  • type: E1810
1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

I am expecting end of the week a Ikea GU10 RGB bulb for testing, if i need to test something....

1 Like

Looks like you need to keep trying. The instructions and user comments from the other thread might help.

When you select the "Update Firmware" option, Hubitat communicates with the target device, prompting it to check for firmware updates. This interaction can lead to one of three scenarios:

1. The device successfully receives the prompt, queries Hubitat for updates, but none are available. In this instance, the following message will appear in the logs: "Firmware update for … is not available". No further action is required as the device is already up-to-date.

2. The device receives the prompt, queries Hubitat, and updates are available. The download process then commences. You’ll see this message in the logs: "Starting firmware update for …". It’s important to wait patiently until the update completes, which can take approximately 100 minutes for battery-powered devices.

3. The device fails to receive the prompt, likely due to being in sleep mode. This seems to be your current situation. Hubitat waits for a response from the device, and if none is received, the following message will appear in the logs: "Firmware update for … failed, check if the device supports over the air firmware updates". To resolve this, ensure the device is awake (by pressing a button) when you click the "Update Firmware" option and confirm the action by clicking "OK" in the popup.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

My Sound Remotes work fine. What if I upgrade when a newer version comes out, will I need to re-pair then or is it just when going to 4.1.1?

Edit: I'm actually on 4.1.2 so the above will be a no!

1 Like

It was an old battery.
I replaced it, update took about 40 minutes, but it eventually worked.
Thank you.

1 Like

Received, type is LED2110R3

1 Like

Hi folks, off topic but I'm not sure where to post this. My Parasoll arrived today. I've dremmeled a little bit out of my sliding doors and hey presto. A concealed door sensor. I've reversed the sensor so that I can change the battery without removing the device from the door frame. Rudimentary but I'm extremely happy with this :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Great idea. There's a special place just for stuff like this!

1 Like

So. Firmware upgrading 8 of the IKEA Tradfri Remote Control (E1810) and 2 of the IKEA Styrbar Remote Control N2 (E2002) taught me the following:

E1810 Takes 10% every 10 minutes. That’s 100 minutes. So a full firmware update takes 1 hour and 40 minutes.

E2002 Is faster. This ine takes 10% every 6 minutes.
Full firmware takes 1 hour :blush:

The more you know …

2 Likes