[RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers

I use Device Watchdog, Unfortunately, @bptworld is no longer active because an indication for offline/online in color such as on/off (status report) would be useful

This is the status report with color

3 Likes

Added....

:wink:

4 Likes

Thank you!
(I am using the DW as well!) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, @dandanache! I had all but given up on my Ikea devices after purchasing them two years back without adequate researching. As an aside, is there a driver you would recommend for the Gen 1 Symfonisk Knob? I believe the model number is E1744.

1 Like

Unfortunately I can't get my hands on one of those, as IKEA does not sell them anymore.

You can try this driver from @birdslikewires: ikea_symfonisk_sound_controller.groovy

1 Like

UPDATE, @bptworld is active again :slight_smile: and hey did some changes on Device Watchdog to make it more visible if any sensor with "health status" is offline :slight_smile: image

1 Like

I updated the Somrig driver today via HPM and now I'm seeing errors when pressing a dashboard tile assigned to "push" one of the buttons. The error does not occur when physically pressing the button or when activating the function via the device page. The error also occurs when the tile is assigned to "doubleTap", "hold", and "release".

Hi, I have a couple of Styrbar buttons which both suffer with the same issue. It takes several pairing attempts for the devices to only display one instance of a button press in the logs. I.e. one press can manifest as 2-4 presses in some instances. Some pairing attempts don't even work whatsoever.

However, after several failed pairing attempts and then having success. After a few days, the device seems to revert back to a single button press becoming several button presses as shown in the logs.

Any ideas folks, see my logs.

Dan,

Are you looking for any specific information with the use of the IKEA White Spectrum Light or Color White Spectrum Light drivers?

Using the White Spectrum driver with the following E12 bulb:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 21
  • firmwareMT: 117C-4205-23087631
  • hwVersion: 01
  • manufacturer: IKEA of Sweden
  • model: TRADFRI bulb E12 WS 450lm
  • softwareBuild: 2.3.087
  • type: LED1835C6NA

I have a GU10 Colour bulb I can test against once that driver is available.

Sorry about this, it's a bug I introduced in v4.0.0. Will be fixed in the next release. Thanks for reporting!

I have a spare Styrbar that I can play with to see if I can reproduce this. Do you use the latest firmware version (2.4.5 - 117C-11CB-02040005) ?

I want to know if all the functions work well with no errors in the logs, and if there is some functionality missing. I also need the "Device Details" section (that you just posted) and the fingerprints to add to the drivers.

All 3 drivers are done, I am testing them for a while: Ikea_DIM-Light.groovy | Ikea_WS-Light.groovy | Ikea_CWS-Light.groovy. Note that I am still pushing changes to that git branch, so you might want to re-import them from time to time. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks for recommendation! The fact that they don't sell them anymore probably tells you how long back I got these devices :sweat_smile:

Edit: Not sure if it's an issue with the devices I have but these are chewing through my batteries. At this rate I'll have to get a new battery every other day, if not sooner.

1 Like

Hi, cheers for this. My firmware version is 117C-11CB-00010024 which seems to be an earlier version. I've hit the update firmware button but with no joy. How do I update to you're version above. Appreciated in advance

1 Like

You can find instructions for firmware upgrades in this post: [GUIDE] IKEA Firmware Updates.

Good luck!

Firmware upgrades, that usually take about 100 minutes for battery-powered devices, chew a lot of batteries, not sure this is the case. What devices are you talking about?

Oh, no, all the devices I'm running through your drivers are running perfectly, even though I'm using the crap two-and-a-half year old Ikea batteries they came with. I was referring to the Symfonisk Gen 1 remote during normal operation. It managed to take kill the included Ikea battery in about ten minutes and took a brand new Panasonic CR2032 from 100 to 47 in about 15 minutes of moderate usage.

Anyhow, I think it's a documented issue with the other driver made by @birdslikewires - from what I gather from the thread, he recommends running it through Z2M now. Guess I shall set that up after procrastinating for a couple of more years :sweat_smile:

Here's the Device Details and fingerprint(?) for my GU10 bulb.

• application: 50
  • firmwareMT: 117C-2802-10021655
  • hwVersion: 01
  • model: TRADFRI bulb GU10 CWS 380lm
  • softwareBuild: 1.0.021
  • type: LED1923R5NA

[dev:647] 2024-04-17 08:00:19.992 PM [debug] Printer Light description=[catchall: 0104 0008 01 01 0040 00 4662 00 00 0000 04 01 861000]

[dev:647] 2024-04-17 08:00:19.135 PM[debug] Printer Light msg=[[raw:catchall: 0104 0300 01 01 0040 00 4662 00 00 0000 04 01 00, profileId:0104, clusterId:0300, clusterInt:768, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:4662, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:04, direction:01, data:[00], endpointInt:1, commandInt:4]]

I have an IKEA GU10 bulb above the kitchen sink.

• application: 10
  • firmwareMT: 117C-2205-00010012
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0300,1000,FC57
  • model: TRADFRIbulbGU10WS380lm
  • outClusters: 0019
  • softwareBuild: 1.0.012

I use the Advanced ZigBee Bulb driver

It's a firmware incompatibility, the problem exists with multiple non-IKEA controllers. The devices do appear to like Sonoff controllers, so some Zigbee2MQTT solutions work perfectly without firmware updates. I suspect they don't deep-sleep properly with the Zigbee hardware used in Hubitat hubs and the E1812 buttons exhibited the same problem.

Firmware update 24.4.5 improved battery life, though my E1744 is still on 2.3.080 and works perfectly via Z2M and the Sonoff ZBDongle-P. If you can get one to update it may work fine directly connected to your Hubitat hub, but I believe you'll need an IKEA hub or Z2M set up already to prompt the update... so it's one of those chicken-and-egg problems.

2 Likes

There is no need for IKEA hub/app or Z2M for firmware updates, we can do this directly from Hubitat: [GUIDE] IKEA Firmware Updates.

3 Likes

Nice one. On point three in the instructions you mention this:

If you don't see an "Update Firmware" command in the device details page, change the driver to "Device".

Anything snazzy need to be done in a driver to add that "Update Firmware" command? Just to avoid the need for users to switch driver, I could add it in next time I'm tinkering.

2 Likes