[RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers

Indeed SOMRIG is better because it supports double-push and also because you can add custom printed stickers to it.

These are really cool. I LOVE their form factor, I as able to install one on each door (plus 2 on my fridge doors) without the need to build custom brackets.

Some photos

Note: make sure you mount them right from the first try, the sticky tape (from tesa not 3M) is really sticky and makes it impossible to remove it, even if you don't put too much pressure on it.

I've seen folks here are using InfluxDB and Grafana, but this requires another piece of hardware (Raspberry Pi, NAS, microPC, etc). I also miss this.

1 Like

These are currently on clearance at IKEA Richmond BC for $1.99
Bought two so far, work great for a simple on/off, though they will do hold and release as well.

2 Likes

SOMRIG is behaving nicely: push, double-tap, hold and release.

With the latest firmware update, they also do double-tap. They were "replaced" by SOMRIG that use AAA batteries and has 2 buttons.

Yea you are right, I did not update this one. I updated a bunch of my other ikea stuff must have missed this one.

It is being stubborn tho, it is throwing a bunch of errors, then eventually it says starting update but just hangs there.

Its moving now...30%

1 Like

Can the buttons be updated without going throught the IKEA app/hub?

Sure can: [GUIDE] IKEA Firmware Updates.

Ah...thanks for the tip. IKEA.ca lists them as a new product.

WIth the IKEA Tradfri button E1812, it seems like I need to run a configure first before the button comes back online.
Is this the case?
Another button I have (same model) does not act the same way (always appears online)

Weird stuff happening with this strybar..

Updated the firmware yesterday ( I think) see below...

But I noticed its still showing the old firmware in the device page. I have re-paired a couple times and still showing the old firmware..

1 Like

I picked up another vallhorn to play around with on my C8. I popped in some rechargable AAA's and it paired right up on the fist try.

Alkalines seem to cause false alarms. At least when they're new. I wonder if they were contributing to my C8 pairing issues.

I'm not feeling froggy enough to remove it and see if it pairs back up.

Curious how long rechargeables will last. These were fresh off the charger and already reporting 91%.

1 Like

Hi @dandanache when I press any of the buttons on my Styrbar button controller, the logs appear to receive 3 button presses. I have a rule whereby each button press increases a variable by 1. However the variable is jumping 2-3 because there appears to be 3 button presses. Any ideas how to prevent this from occurring? I'm using the styrbar driver listed at the top of this thread? Are you able to help in any capacity please. Appreciated in advance...Stu

1 Like

Usually you just need to re-pair it when that happens. Worked for me

1 Like

Wow thanks so much for these drivers! I was just contemplating buying the dirigera hub but have changed my mind.

I have a few IKEA Zigbee bulbs & motion sensors. I previously had the bulbs connected to a Philips hub but decided to try moving things over to the Hubitat.

I managed to pair the Vallhorn & 1 Trådfri motion sensor ok. After moving to your drivers I had to re-pair them. The second Trådfri motion sensor took a little more effort to pair, but I got it going and am now doing a firmware update that is, as you described, slow, but it's working. I get an update of plus 10% ca every 10 minutes.

I will try to do a firmware update on the first Trådfri later. The Vallhorn seems up-to-date.

So grateful for this. Thanks again!

UPDATE
The second motion sensor took a bit to update. I had to re-pair it and immediately start the firmware update process for it to work. I also had to re-pair the other trådfri motion sensor after updating firmware. Now they are working fine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks so much for these drivers! Unfortunately, for my e1766 device (Tradfri open/close remote), the physical buttons are not registering. I can click the digital buttons just fine in the device page and they do register in the event log, but the physical buttons simply don't. No errors in the logs either. Any ideas?

Also, the battery is showing as 40% with a brand new CR2032. Is this a limitation of the device?

2 Likes

Thanks for your help here. I re-paired a few times and this has resolved the issue. Many thanks :+1:

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right post, but I saw some comments before about updating the IKEA Fyrtur blinds. My question is, how did you do that. Which driver/device type do you use and how did you initate the update. I think this is unrelated to the driver developed by @dandanache.

Thanks for any input.

Hi, I use @a4refillpad driver in my blinds and have done for circa 3-4 years. It's straight forwards and never failed me. Install the driver, pair the blinds and hey presto. I have a few rules which operate them, Alexa and various buttons. However I use a virtual dimmer to control them if I want them open for 40% for example.

Thanks, I use that driver too. What I notice is only one issue regarding the battery status. The driver still shows over 80% but the blind doesn't work anymore and needs to get charged.

On the other hand, updating the device firmware of the IKEA devices handled through dandanache's driver works like a charm. The question is, how to update the Fyrtur firmware?

I'm just curious, who to do that.

Thanks

Change the driver to "device" , press update firmware. Watch the Hub logs.

After its finished change back to driver of choice for the blinds.

2 Likes

Hey guys I'm new to all of this.
I was wondering if someone can help.
I bought a Symfonisk Sound Remote Gen2 (no hub for it)
I paired the remote with the Hubitat.
I added the driver code
but
none of the buttons I press are doing anything on the remote.
I know I missed a step somewhere as the driver needs to somehow connect to the remote.

Do I need to buy a DIRIGERA hub for this to work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.