[RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers

My E1812 shortcut button is giving a false double tap every once in a while? Anyone else experience this?

Released version 3.6.1 with the following changes:

Added

Important: If you manually installed the new drivers from the "ikea_3.6.0 branch", you need to manually remove them from the "Drivers code" section before updating via HPM.

How to add the new drivers using Hubitat Package Manager
  • First update the HPM package to version 3.6.1:

HPM -> Update -> Select "IKEA Zigbee drivers" -> Next

• Then install the new drivers:

HPM -> Modify -> Select "IKEA Zigbee drivers" -> Next -> Tick the new drivers -> Next

Have fun!

5 Likes

So for comparison. Yellow is a hue outdoor sensor, blue is the vallhorn. It seems the max it will read is 1364. But at the lower levels, it's pretty much the same as the hue sensor. These aren't side by side eather. One is actually facing east, one facing west.

1 Like

Nice find, I will add this info in the Readme. Thank you!

According to Wikipedia, 1000 lux = "Overcast day; typical TV studio lighting". So I guess it is enough for indoor use.

1 Like

It's perpetually cloudy here. Soon as we get a bright sunny day, I'll see if it goes any higher.

1 Like

Released version 3.7.1 with the following small change:

Added

• Add "Start Zigbee Pairing" command on all devices with Zigbee routing capability

Instructions for pairing a new IKEA device using the new "Start Zigbee Pairing" command

1. You need to have at least one mains-powered IKEA Zigbee device (one of: E1603, E1836, E2006, ICPSHC24). On the device details page, you can find the new "Start Zigbee Pairing" command (don't click it just yet!)

See screenshot

start_zigbee_pairing

2. Go, as usual, to "Devices" -> "Add Device" -> "Zigbee" -> "Start Zigbee pairing"

3. Now is the moment to click the "Start Zigbee Pairing" button from Step 1 with parameter "0000" (address of the Hubitat Hub).

Technical details

This action broadcasts the "stop pairing" command to all devices in the mesh, waits for 5 seconds, then sends the "start pairing" command only to the specified device.

4. Wait for 5 seconds (also check the Live Logs for instructions)

5. Put the device you want to join in the pairing mode; for IKEA devices this usually means pushing the pairing button (:link:) 4 times in 5 seconds.

6. The device will now join the Zigbee network by talking directly to the Hubitat Hub, no need to keep the device really close to the Hub anymore.

7. Profit!

Have fun!

12 Likes

Wow!

Can you make a separate ‘Zigbee Pairing’ driver, allowing to select a particular router?

This could be a solution for some Aqara device, but also for some new Tuya Zigbee 3.0 devices as well!

4 Likes

Done.

Search for "Zigbee Pairing Helper" in HPM. Still need to update the Readme and maybe start a forum thread for it.

7 Likes

Thank you!

It definitely changes the way that the pairing device reacts (the LED does not flash forever, but stops after a few seconds - like if it was successfully paired!) - but the C-9 hub remains in "...Found a Zigbee device, initializing..." mode and never finishes the pairing process.

I tested using both a Fingerbot and a XENON extender that do not pair to my C-8 hub, trying to pair both directly to the C-8, or trying to pair via a selected Zigbee 3.0 mains-powered router.

Will continue the tests in the next few days, thank you again for the tool!

Update: the written above was a false positive, I've found why the problematic devices stopped blinking - they have paired to my Zigbee2MQTT coordinator .. : ( Sometimes it stucks in pairing mode, until re-initialized. I pulled out the CC2531 stick and repeated the tests - this time I see no difference in the unsuccessful pairing behavior.. : (

4 Likes

Does this force the new device to connect directly on that specific Ikea repeater instead of the hub?

The device that uses the driver is just our "Trojan horse" into the Zigbee mesh; with its help, we can select any node in the network to be put into pairing mode to "herd" new devices into the mesh.

For our IKEA devices, I still recommend moving the joining device really, really close to the Hubitat Hub (to force it be our parent). It's simpler than fiddling with custom drivers and pushing the correct buttons at the exact time. But writing this functionality was a fun way to learn more about how Zigbee devices work, so it has more of an academic worth. :slight_smile:

I put together some instructions here: zigbee-pairing-helper-driver.

2 Likes

OK, so when you use the Trojan horse repeater:-) method, the ZigBee pairing from this device AND the hub is ON, all other repeater are not. Sow the new device could pair via the Trojan horse repeater OR directly on the hub, correct?

Only 1 device is in pairing mode, the Trojan horse is not enabled for pairing by default (although you can select it if you want, by typing in its Zigbee network address). Also the Hub is not enabled for pairing by default. You must type "0000" to select it.

1. With the IKEA drivers, only the device that you enter in this field is put in pairing mode (0000 is the Hub):
    IKEA Driver

2. With the dedicated zigbee-pairing-helper-driver, you can choose the device you put in pairing mode from a drop-down instead of typing in its Zigbee network address:
    Zigbee Pairing Helper driver

3 Likes

Just throwing out another thanks for these drivers. Thanks to these drivers, and a newly found HA-HE integration with My Subaru App..... I now have repurposed some of my old 5 button controllers to be remotes for starting the cars (why get up from the couch to warm your car up in the morning when you don't have to eh?)

I have 3 more of these that I now need to find ways to add to my laziness.

I'll have to clean up the stickers a bit better. But, they actually work better than the actual Subaru app for remote starting and locking unlocking.

2 Likes

@dandanache I have paired one of my old E1810 a couple of weeks ago. After some starting issues to pair the device, I got it to work and it worked like a charme.

Now I noticed today that every button press send a double command to the hub. I think I saw such a comment earlier in this thread but wasn't able to find.

Any ideas how to fix this? Should I try to re-pair or has this maybe something to do with one of the recent updates?

Thanks

1 Like

I'm working on this one, lots of interesting stuff coming this year. Planning on getting it all sent to Hubitat once it's a bit more ready.

Legrand is world wide and so the range is as well.

3 Likes

One of my ikea devices was sending 4 commands per push. I re-paired and it fixed it. I think these are fussy when they get paired.

2 Likes

Hmmm just re-paired the E1810 but still have double commands.

@dandanache Do you have an idea what's the best to do? Probably delete the switch and pair again? What do you think? Thanks in advance

1 Like

I would like to see the Binding Table on that device, maybe it will reveal something. Unfortunately, it is not very easy to get it :slight_smile:

Follow these steps:

1. Install the knockturn-alley.groovy driver (from code, as there is no HPM package for it).

2. Assign the "Knockturn Alley" driver to your device. No need to pair/re-pair the device.

Details

3. Open the Live Logs in a new browser tab.

4. On the device details page, locate the "D01 Revelio" command, and select from the drop-down "3 - Bindings Table".

Details

ka_revelio

5. Press any button on the E1810 remote to wake it up, it will stay up for about 5 seconds, so continue quickly to the next step.

6. Click the "D01 Revelio" command button.

7. Take a screenshot of the Logs section and post it here.

Example

8. You can go back to using the correct driver now for your remote. No need to pair/re-pair the device.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I am very happy that the drivers are put to good use :+1:

I need to buy myself one of these label printers. Very cool!

This is great news! I have a Legrand Connected outlet that sits in my drawer as I could not find the time (read: I am lazy) to write a driver for it.

Device details

legrand_outlet

Also Legrand has Zigbee OTA images for their devices free for download (need to register an account though), we should grab them and ask Mike to upload all to HE, so we have firmware upgrades directly from Hubitat :slight_smile:

2 Likes