[RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers

A million thanks again Dan and I know you’re probably a busy guy. By any chance, is there a way to get the E1766 supported with Advance Button Controller Drivers so that it can interpret being held down better along with double clicks?

I used to have the buttons on HA and my little kids (who can’t figure out voice controls yet and are too short for wall switches) are using them to turn on their lights.

E1766 doesn't support "HOLD". See this post and its reply:

2 Likes

You first need to update this device to the latest firmware version, old versions do not work with Hubitat. You should see firmwareMT: 117C-11C8-24040005 at the bottom of the device detail page.

For the firmware update process, the driver does not really matter, you just need to have the "Update Firmware" button present. You can even switch to the "Device" driver.

Since they don't have clickable buttons, I believe it is trickier to wake these devices up and keep them awake. What you can try:

1. Open an unfiltered Live logs page (to see live logs from ALL devices)
  2. Remove the batteries from E1745
  3. Wait 1 minute
  4. Click the "Update Firmware" button (also click OK on the warning popup)
  5. Immediately insert the batteries
  6. Look at the unfiltered Live logs page to see if the upgrade process started
  7. Wait at least 15 minutes to see the first 10% progress log entry

You can also try to swap steps 4 and 5.

Once the E1745 Motion Sensor is updated to the latest firmware version, re-pair it and select the driver with name "IKEA Tradfri Motion Sensor (E1745)". If you don't see the driver in the list, use the "Modify" option in HPM to install it.

1 Like

This is really weird. I would try to re-pair it in the hope that this will go away. Also make sure the firmware is at version firmwareMT: 117C-11CB-02040005.

Thanks for the reply and thanks for all the hard work on these. Mine says no update available...

Firmware update for Button - Ikea Remote Control 1, IKEA of Sweden 117C-11CB-00010024 is not available.

1 Like

This is weird. According to [GUIDE] IKEA Firmware Updates it should have an update available.

I assume your Hubitat Hub has internet connection so it can reach the Hubitat servers via Internet? You can check this using "Settings" -> "Network Setup" -> "Network test" -> "Ping host" (1.1.1.1)

1 Like

yes network test OK. I will re-pair the remote and try again. I have updated all my other iKea stuff (outlets,open/close,6 blinds...) but this one does not want to.

1 Like

I double-checked and you are right: I messed up the file name for this Styrbar firmware version. I will ask Mike to fix it and let you know when it's fixed. Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Thanks I will doublecheck the firmware again in a little bit. I actually was able to get the motion sensors “seen” by simply pressing the buttons on the inside right before pressing the “update firmware” button. However it would come back that there wasn’t any firmware available.

I might try to figure out how to update them via Zigbee on HA just for this one instance. I tried before but it was like pulling teeth. Your method is soooo much easier.

1 Like

That's much easier than fiddling with the batteries. Nice find!

Can you please post the full message that says that there is no update available? I want to see your current version.

I worked on the motion sensors before seeing your message request and posted to the IKEA firmware update thread on here. Firmware updates were discovered when I finally got this working through HE.

In brief, I had to uninstall the on/off button drivers and THEN I was able to pair the E1745 Motion Sensors via Zigbee (doesn’t show up anything specific at first.) Switch to the Motion Sensor driver then it’s very finicky to update them (but not impossible.) It seems like hitting the center button then the update firmware button, NOT switching to logs just yet, followed by slow intermittent pressing of the center button (and not triggering a reset) keeps the device alive enough for firmware information to be sent and received. Only after fussing with this, then I would check the logs to see if it was updating. But it requires a lot of patience as the reporting for these Motion Sensors is a LOT slower than other IKEA wireless device firmware updates so you don’t know if it’s even working.

1 Like

On a related noted, I noticed in the logs these Motion Sensors with your E1745 drivers are pulling up the following errors:

WARN: java.lang.numberformatexception: null on line 296 (method parse)
1 Like

That error was fixed in release 3.4.0.

Do you have the most recent version installed?

1 Like

I had 3.4.1 installed.

I need more information in order to figure out what is happening. It would help me if you:

• Go to E1745 device details page
  • Set "Log verbosity" to "Debug - log everything" and click "Save Preferences"
  • Go to the Live logs page
  • Move near the E1745 to trigger the motion detection
  • Paste here all entries that appear in the Live logs page when the motion is detected; I'm particularly interested in the lines containing msg=[[raw:catchall: ... ]] or description=[catchall: ... ]

Thank you for your help!

I get these in my logs from all my shortcut buttons (E1812):

The buttons works fine though.

1 Like

Looks like the device is configured to periodically report the value for attribute "0x0020" of cluster "0x0001" (battery voltage). Probably a config from another driver as we use attribute "0x0021" (battery percentage) instead.

Thanks for the report, I'll add something in the next version to cope with this situation.

1 Like

No way,I should be thanking you!

dev:17302023-11-25 05:57:57.068 AMinfoIKEA Motion Sensor Living Room is active [physical]

dev:17302023-11-25 05:57:57.039 AMdebugIKEA Motion Sensor Living Room illumination is dim [physical]

dev:17302023-11-25 05:57:57.033 AMdebugIKEA Motion Sensor Living Room msg=[[raw:catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0040 00 DE03 01 00 0000 42 00 0008070000, profileId:0104, clusterId:0006, clusterInt:6, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:DE03, isClusterSpecific:true, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:42, direction:00, data:[00, 08, 07, 00, 00], endpointInt:1, commandInt:66]]

dev:17302023-11-25 05:57:57.027 AMdebugIKEA Motion Sensor Living Room description=[catchall: 0104 0006 01 01 0040 00 DE03 01 00 0000 42 00 0008070000]

I tried to update an old E1524 . Is it possible to to update with the E1810 fimrware? I added successfully to hubitat, configured and startet the update. Battery is full , but even waiting for 20 minutest didn't bring up any update information. Battery level went down and up again like crazy.
After a while no new status in the log file regarding battery.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any input

1 Like

Released version 3.4.2 with the following changes:

Changed

• All: Change battery percentage reporting interval from 11 hours to 5 hours

Fixed

• All: Set default config values if null in updated() - reported by @leo_charles
  • All: Ignore attribute reports we don't care about (configured by other driver) - reported by @ymerj
3 Likes