[RELEASE] IKEA Zigbee drivers

I'm trying to update the firmware on the E2123 but just get this lig

Sonos IKEA button [IMPORTANT] For battery-powered devices, click the "Update Firmware" button immediately after pushing any button on the device in order to first wake it up!

I've done what it says but still get the same message, any idea how to solve this?

I think that the E2123 comes with the latest fw version (1.0.35) directly from the store, no update required.

1 Like

I've just setup the E2123 as a Sonos controller. Smooth volume control works well using held on buttons 1 and 2 :+1:

2 Likes

Problem solved by moving remote very close (10 cm) to Hubitat and pairing it again before firware update.

2 Likes

I've just noticed the Tradfri Shortcut Button (E1812) is now showing 'last chance to buy' on UK/US sites (I haven't checked others). Usually a sign that a new model is incoming

You are right, same on the RO site.

I know that IKEA is keen on replacing all smart devices that use throw-away button batteries with new devices that use rechargeable AA/AAA (more eco-friendly). All their new 2024 products Parasoll (Door and Window Sensor), Vallhorn (Motion Sensor) and Badring (Leak Sensor) follow this trend.

I don't see a replacement for the Shortcut Button, maybe they think that the 2-button Rodret Dimmer (E2201) will suffice.

2 Likes

Drivers are working great. Anyway we can get the firmware update for the E1812 Shortcut Button into hubitat? The double tap feature would be nice to have!

1 Like

Just wanted to say thanks. I now have 5 new (actually old) button controllers (1810) that I had put away in my box for "in case they are ever useful." Now.... to find things that need buttons..........

2 Likes

@dandanache the E1812 updated fine, double tap works, thanks for your work on this!

Fist off, thanks for the work you have been doing with the Ikea stuff. I don't have many but now that this is out, I wanted to get the E1743 On/Off button to work, had one heck of a hard time to get it paired correctly on my C7. It was detected as "Device" so I changed the driver to the correct one. Now I'm trying to update the firmware on this thing so that it becomes usable but to no avail. I tried pressing the buttons to wake it up before using the "update firmware" button. But I always get the same message that I need to wake the device before trying to update...

Anyway any help would be great.

Here is the devices info...

1 Like

For what it is worth, I went through the same thing on my first 1810. What I figured out was that the firmware update actually worked better when I left it as generic device.(not sure if it is because they haven't had any updates till now). Note, I was able to pair and left the device within about 2 feet of the hub for the duration of the updates.

After pairing, I used the clear buttons on the generic device driver to clear any pending jobs, etc. THEN I hit the update firmware button with the live logs on (Look for "hub" in the logs) and waited.... and waited some more.

Also, the update didn't start immediately for ANY of them. It took almost two reporting periods. Then, it showed 10% (Took roughly 7 minutes to show up). Then, it was about 10% more every 7-10 minutes. Once it completed, I deleted the device and then added it back. It came in with the correct driver automatically and was registering button presses immediately.

Just what worked for me.

3 Likes

Re my E2123 as a Sonos controller.

I use a C-5, I'd already ordered a C-8. When using the E2123 with the C-5 there was always a small delay but with the C-8 it's almost instant!

1 Like

Is there a way to use the buttons of the E2123 "next" and "previous" on a google home nest speaker? Not available in a speech device....

2 Likes

Related to this request:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/add-nexttrack-and-previoustrack-commands-to-chromecast-audio-device/126807/2

I too want to use the e2123 for that.

2 Likes

This driver is very useful, works fine, lots of added value for me, thx for the effort, I hope the batteries of this device last a long time.

1 Like

I'm seeing the following error in the logs.

2023-11-07 08:27:36.088 AM error org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MissingMethodExceptionNoStack: No signature of method: user_driver_dandanache_IKEA_Tradfri_On_Off_Switch__E1743__941.deviceHealthCheck() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] (method deviceHealthCheck)

Is anyone else seeing this?

@dandanache an idea : you can add a trap in the code to unschedule the deviceHealthCheck and schedule healthCheck periodic job instead ... : )

1 Like

This is a periodic job started by another driver (probably from @kkossev :slight_smile:). You can fix this by clicking the "Configure" button.

Important: Press any button on the device itself right before clicking the "Configure" button in the Hubitat UI! This will wake up the device so it can receive the configuration commands.

Note that you should click the "Configure" button every time you switch to a new driver. It's the Hubitat way of initializing the new driver.

1 Like

Can I catch this kind of exceptions?

Unfortunately no.

Just add a function‘ deviceHealthCheck’ which will execute eventually just one time - unschedule this job and schedule the ‘healthCheck’ instead… this way the transition will happen automatically. I did something similar to trap Markus’s “checkPresence” periodic tasks.

1 Like