[RELEASE] IKEA window roller blinds

Maybe. But try going to the device page and doing a Hard Open and see if that fixes it.

Hi there,

I've been using the old driver for quite some time. Worked like a charm, but with a lot of events in the logs. So I came back to this thread and was happy to find a newer version of the driver.

However, if I use the old driver, 0% would be open and 100% would be closed.
With the new driver it's the other way around. 0% is closed and 100% is open.

Is it supposed to work like that, or do I need to change something?

Thank you in andvance for your reply!

EDIT: Never mind, I have changed all my rules (and my mind) to the percentage being how opened the blinds are, instead of how closed...

It needed to be this way to be compliant with Alexa. Close = 0% and Open 100%

1 Like

That what it's for and I would recommend running occasionally as the blinds tend to lose calibration over time.

1 Like

Hi new HE user here and this community is amazing! so far I've seen lot of help. Ive been struggling to pair my Ikea blinds with my habitat, I follow everything on the instructions
I pair first the repeater, then I did the blinds and pair them with hubitat, so when I'm in my devices I can see the blinds and ive added the blinds to google home, the thing its that they don't work once I press the button do I need to change anything else? thanks

Welcome to the community!

I suggest reading back through this topic to see what has worked well for others. For one thing, I would have put the Ikea repeater and your Google Home aside for a while until you had the blinds working with Hubitat. The repeater is simply a Zigbee repeater and it doesn't need to be part of your install unless you don't already have strong Zigbee in the area of the blinds. Google Home is just layering on a complication.

When you say "button" are you talking about the up/down button that came with the blinds? That won't be part of your install either. If you choose to integrate the blinds with Hubitat, you won't be able to use that button for anything.

Can you control the blinds from the Hubitat device page?

2 Likes

thanks for the answer! sorry for late response. Yes! i did manage to control the blinds with hubitat device page and on the dashboard too but my whole point its to create some voice commands or automization. When i first paired google home with HE i did put the blinds as switch so my command was "google turn off the lights" so Google can open the shades but i want blinds to be on my voice command so i try unpairing HE and google, delete my dashboard and unsuccesfully manage to change from switch to shades.

Did you ask Google to "Sync my devices"?
You should be able to remove the switch from Google Home on HE. (Sync my devices - to remove it from Google)
Then add the blind to Google Home in HE. (Sync my devices - to add it to Google)

The blind appears as dimmable lamp. You can then set the "dimmer" to any level and the blind will open/close to the desired level.

How do I ask to sync my devices? I thought that was done on HE I did press sync on hubitat, unlink Google from HE and even delete my dashboard but still Google recognizes that tule as switch and not shade

You say: "Hey Google, sync my devices"

Google usually responds with somthing like "okay, synching devices from 4 providers..."

2 Likes

Oh I’ll try that after work thanks! So after that I should be able to see the tile as shade and no switch?

No, it will be a dimmable bulb :slight_smile:

Thanks for the driver @a4refillpad!
So to rehash a question that’s been asked a million times over:

No direct blind button driver? I just hate to toss plastic in a bin.
I also don’t have their later didgeridoo mostly matters hub so I’m curious if that could get the buttons working. Just nice to be able to have this as an added option.

I could always add double clicks to my existing Lutron Picos via ABC I suppose… but so close, yet so far awwwaayyyyy……….

Nope. I use Sonoff buttons. About the same footprint but thicker.

[Sonoff SNZB-01 Zigbee Wireless Switch, Supports To Create Smart Scenes, Trigger The Connected Devices on Ewelink APP With Three Control Options,Sonoff ZigBee Bridge Required.(Battery Is Not Included)

https://a.co/d/aT8QEnY]

1 Like

Just not compatible with hubitat. Nothing i can do about it

2 Likes

Such is life.
Wife went looking for the button today, after having explained no more button yesterday. She seemed annoyed, either at me or the lack of the button.

I use the Hue Dimmer Button controller and it works great.

1 Like

I actually have one of the buttons paired and it looks like there may be hope.

2 Likes

You can pair but there are zero events coming in from the device in hubitat. The incompatibility is at a higher layer than at the driver level.

1 Like