[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Hey there.
Okay, so thought I would try pollen count, as I suffer from allergies.
It allows you to enter a Zip Code, but I am from Canada.
Any options for other countries?

"Alexa, show me the front door" shows me the video from my ring camera on my Amazon HD pads that have Alexa installed. Any way to get that same functionality with this app loaded on my Fire pads?

I only know about pollen.com - which is where I'm getting this data from. If it's possible to also get the count in Canada, can you let me know how?

side-note - pollen.com isn't the most robust website/server.. often my requests time-out. If you are using a zip code it can take several attempts before it comes back with any data. It should eventually display though and from that point I only try to refresh the data every hour

Looks like we use the weather network, typically.
Local News sources also provide the pollen data.

Just added the Pollen Tile and working great. Thanks.

Hmm.. it'd be nice if there was some kind of API or even just a URL that the resulting page can be 'scraped' to find the pollen count for the next <5> days.

For the pollen count tile, I was originally going to use this Hubitat driver. But, I looked at the code to do it and wanted to get the 5-day forecast and not just the 3 day forecast which is why I'm doing it in the dashboard app instead.

There is mention of an asthma monitor on that page though.. does that work for Canada? If so, I can look at supporting it. Or, if you can find another Hubitat pollen driver let me know and I'll try to support that too

I am trying to add a "text" tile to display song information that I manipulate with webcore. Added a device (Virtual Omni Sensor) as suggested here : Text on Dashboard tile under program control - #2 by bertabcd1234. But the presence attribute is always displayed even if it is not selected in the Manage Display Items.

EDIT : Solution....make a HE system virtual variable that is text and use that as a tile. Worked perfectly.

REQUEST : tile size larger than 4 columns for landscape pads.

1 Like

I have a 3 icon sensor - how can I change the motion icon to Red when the motion is active?

The running man gets a bit lost in the white ..

Also - +1 to the 'allow tile to be > 4... I use a blank tile to make up the layout for rows that aren't full - I end up using multiple blank tiles side by side ATM.

Good question! You can change icons/colors/backgrounds for a specific device type such as motion sensor or temp. But, it doesn't work for the multiple value device type as I see.

I'll have to think how to handle that.. the design today has 1 set of values (color/icon/background) for each device type + state (on and off).

If this were a folder instead and you had 3 separate devices in that folder - they would all show their correct on/off states.. that's just due to how folders are displayed.

Maybe I can see if I can treat multiple value devices more like folders in that sense.. in fact clicking on the tile could technically display all of the 'values' separately like you'd expect if this were a folder and 3 devices instead of a single device with multiple values..

Anyway, I'll see if I can figure out a good way to handle this

This would be easy to implement.. with the only caveat that if you pick a number larger than the number of columns or rows that can fit on the screen it can create scrolling issues. While I could simply limit the number to what's displayed - it's tricky because you could be adjusting the values in portrait mode but want it for landscape mode..

side-note - I still want to improve the UI for changing tile sizes

Can we change the color of the text in tiles?

Hello, I am not seeing battery monitor in my list of device types to add:

Does that mean I don't have a battery type that is supported? For example my August Smart Locks are on the dashboard but maybe AA battery monitoring isn't supported? I do monitor them in the BatteryMonitor app.

I do like the way the text tiles automatically adjust text size and center the text.

I think you're just using the 'release' version of the app. I have a beta version of the app which anyone can get here. I do try to periodically move the beta version to the release version but sometimes I forget and I think it's been a while since the last time I did it!

Now that tiles can be so wide and/or tall, I should probably also allow the text to wrap more than 2 lines. That first screenshot could probably use a larger font if it wrapped over 3-4 lines or more

1 Like

If you change the 'icon' color of a tile, it should apply to the main device text. I could probably make that more clear. I don't have any way (today) to change the colors of the name or status lines of the tiles though.

1 Like

Both of my Fire Tabs had a system update. After they updated, when I load the dashboard, I get a Not Configured message at the bottom. I restarted the hub and tabs. Same thing. Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed -- for some reason the IP of the hub disappeared. Added it and fetched the token, restored -- all good.

I wonder if there is a way to enable the Hub Information driver as a tile? Perhaps a multi value one?

It already has an html attribute for use as the input for an Attribute tile. Just need to enable it in the preferences. If you don’t like the way it creates the html you can also use the [BETA -Release Candidate] Hub Information Driver Aggregation App with the driver to create a customized html attribute - it’s designed to show multiple hubs but if you only have one you can still use the customization features.

2 Likes

Ah.. Very nice. Thank you for the information. I knew about the HTML, just not the attribute tile.

Quick edit: Are you sure it works with the Hubitat dashboard android app? I see your screenshot looks like it is from a Hubitat Dashboard, not the app.

At least, I am unable to change the hub information tile at all, and I don't think attribute tiles can be found in this app.