[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Have you taken a look at these?
HIKVISION DOORBELL DS-HD1

Here's a link to one of the rebranded EZVIZ ones that seems to work good.
Home Depot US$80
Home Depot CDN$130(was $110)
https://www.amazon.com/EZVIZ-DB1-Doorbell-Connected-Vertical/dp/B07JNWP5M2

Widgets would be great!

Any thought to supporting Google Wear OS? I would love to be able to open my garage door and unlock the house from my watch. Right now I use an Alexa app on my watch, but I don't like talking to my watch or giving it a passcode in public. I'm envisioning 4 little icons per screen, swiping to bring up another screen of 4 icons, etc. It would also be great for lights, Safety Monitor, etc. It wouldn't have to be fully native to the watch as you can trigger things on the phone from the watch (that would probably be a lot easier).

Do yourself a favor and avoid this one. I've had one for 18 months at a vacation property located 600 miles from my primary residence. It's running the latest firmware and has had chronic lockup issues since day one. It works for 2 weeks then completely dumps its configuration and resets to factory defaults-not an awesome feature when the doorbell is located 600 miles away. The doorbell is literally 15 feet away from my router which pretty much has a direct line of sight to my front door. Luckily, when it locks up I can RDP into an always on computer at my vacation house, use the PC to connect to the doorbell's internal wifi AP which is active when the device hasn't been setup, and use the Hikvision batch config application to remotely configure it.

I'm on my second unit (the first was replaced under warranty) and my third doorbell transformer. The first was a 10VA unit which didn't meet the rated specs, the second a 30VA unit that was replaced because the problems persisted, and the latest is a 40 VA unit that is far beefier than the minimum requirements. I also installed a Z-Wave Qbuino relay module in the electrical box where the xformer is located (in the most inconvenient possible location in my crawlspace that has less than 3' of clearance height) in an attempt to use RM to schedule power cycling the thing once a week.

The doorbell runs alarmingly hot. Then there's the stupid issue with the doorbell playing very loud a "ding-dong" noise outside the house--awesome when guests arrive super late in the evening and all your neighbors know they're there. Oh, and it occasionally just stops ringing the indoor chime. And the icing on the cake is that the Andoid app either doesn't send the notification that there's someone is at the door and ringing the doorbell, or on the few occasions that it does send the notification, it's so late that the visitor has walked 50 feet away from the doorbell.

1 Like

I started with Ring video doorbell cameras, but have recently tried a Eufy. It seems to work much better and has local storage.

The "Multi Sensor" device type is not showing up for me when editing.
I'm on version 1.0.782.

Any chance of being able to support the Life360 Tracker / Status app? This allows the tracking of devices in a tile using the Life360 service. Each Life360 "circle" member has their own HE device, it uses an "attribute" template. This is a screen shot of the "bpt-statusTile1" Option on a standard HE dashboard.

The "At Home" text is a URL to Google maps; this changes based on location. I think this can be made to look like a link. I would like to see a link to the Life360 app (maybe the avatar).

btw: I'm only using the free version of Life360, which is all that is needed for this.

@jpage4500 It appears that the two-time-period sleep mode is not working (v1.0.782). My tablets are not coming to life in the morning. :frowning:

I don't know if it's been mentioned or noted before, but you can also select keyboard symbols and emoji's from your local device.

I used this for the individual buttons on the tall (yeah!) Pico device tiles.

2 Likes

I've got the Blink camera api installed and it's working fine via the app for enabling/disabling my two Blink sync modules and their cameras; I can arm/disarm the cameras by clicking on the '-Network' or '-API' device tiles and setting "Arm System" to the desired state and the cameras tiles & icons properly reflect the change (being able to open the Blink app directly is a great feature). But the text and icon on the non-camera tiles (the Network and API device tiles) never changes and always shows "Disarmed" and displays the disarmed camera icon, regardless of the actual armed/disarmed status (which actually is being properly set).

Also (even smaller nits) the mini icon displayed on the unstacked folder view only shows the disarmed version of the individual camera icon, even when the actual tile in the folder shows the 'Armed' version and there there doesn't appear to be a way to set different icons for armed/disarmed states (at least it doesn't seem to work the same way that other icons and their backgrounds can be customized for active/inactive states).

sorry, yes that's first on my list right now. Work has been crazy busy lately and I haven't had as much time at night to work on the app. I do have a few things in progress and I'll get caught up soon.

I did fix having a single on/off time so that should work again.. I'll get the 2nd on/off time working here very soon

I see the problem.. the multi sensor device type shows up if you have both temp and humidity attributes today. That's because it was originally designed just for those 2. But, now that it can be used for a lot more device types I'll make sure it's available in the next version

I've searched the thread and feel silly asking but is there a way to "sort" within a folder? Possibly sort alphabetically before placing in folder?

No worries about asking - this thread is too large to find anything unless you know what to search for! Right now I didn't auto-sort devices inside of a folder - I think I just figured there'd only be a few devices in each folder and the user would want them in a specific order. That said, I can figure out how to do this

Sure I can add support for this. Would you be able to send a device log that has these Life360 HE devices included? (you'd have to add them to MakerAPI). I can support them - just need to understand what the device JSON data looks like. I can also try it out myself but this would be faster

I tried dragging" them within a folder but can't figure out how to place them. That would be the easiest way, just to keep it simple.

I figured it out, had to open folder than "edit"
DUH!

1 Like

When I first implemented Blink camera support I saw all of these devices created by the Blink driver (3 cameras, 1 network module, 1 api device). I was hoping to only see 3 devices - just the cameras and wanted to be able to do all of the actions (arm/disarm or enable/disable) from these camera tiles. I initially even hid the API and network module by default but I think now I'm just not including them in MakerAPI.

So, I can see how the API and network modules might not look right or stay in sync. I'll re-add these devices to MakerAPI and see if I can reproduce the issues described and fix them.

the mini icon displayed on the unstacked folder view only shows the disarmed version of the individual camera icon, even when the actual tile in the folder shows the 'Armed' version and there there doesn't appear to be a way to set different icons for armed/disarmed states

I'll add my cameras to a folder and test that too

Thanks. Right now both the API and network tiles are fully functional in the app; the API seems to be useful for a global enable/disable of all the sync modules & cameras associated with the email address; the network ones are good for disabling the groups of cameras associated with their respective sync module (somehow every time I bought a Blink camera it also came with a sync module). It's just their bottom text always reads Disarmed, regardless of the state the app has just set them to.

version 1.0.786 (beta)

The tricky part for me is dealing with on/off times that overlapped or if the off time was before the on time (ie: 10 PM - 1 AM).. I think I've got it but I could use some help testing to be sure. If it's not behaving correctly with this version, can you send me a log? I am logging both on/off times as well as when I'm setting the system alarm to wake up the device.

This is fixed.. the multi sensor device type should show up if a device supports 2 or more attributes that this device type can display.. mostly sensor types.

Originally with that Blink driver the only way to arm the whole 'network' was to use the network device or the API device. But, today you should be able to 'arm' any camera and all of the other cameras on the network will also arm.. I think that's just how Blink works (all or nothing arming)

Then, there's enabling or disabling cameras.. that only has any effect when the network is armed. So, really any given camera is 'active' if the network is armed and the camera is enabled.. I thought that was super confusing and I wanted to simplify things somewhat.. that's why I'm only showing the 'armed' camera image if the network is armed and the camera is enabled.. otherwise, I use the disarmed camera image.

I should verify all of this -- I tend to have my cameras just auto-arm when I leave the house and at night and disarm in the morning.. so, I never really see them in the armed state