[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

I have a Prestige IAC thermostat that I'm trying to HubConnect between my ST remote hub and the HE server hub. The thermo is configured in ST as a canned Honeywell TCC 8000/9000 Type. Current states (sparsely populated) appear in the ST IDE and the ST newApp successfully controls and monitors the thermo.

I set up HubConnect (2.0 RC2) today and after a bit of fiddling and farting I was able to get ST "online" with HE. What I can't do, though, is get the thermostat to appear as a thermostat in the ST HubConnect Remote Client app. "No device found" appears under Device Categories -> Climate Devices. The thermo DOES appear under Omnipurpose Sensor Devices, and I was able to get that mirrorred over to HE, but it only sends indoor temp and humidity. Any wisdom on why the thermo device doesn't appear in the list of devices on the ST app? (I didn't install the suite of HubConnect device drivers on the ST side, but I did install the HC Thermostat device code on the HE side.)

BTW, I'm successfully using csteele's Total Comfort API C on HE but I'd like to augment that with ST's better poll frequency.

I see there is a new version of the ST app. Does it cause any issues with Hubconnect?

No. Plus the app is an update, not a new version :slight_smile:

Trying my luck again if there is any hint or guidance on where to start to solve this issue ?

I apologize profusely for interupting this thread. There is so much to read on this topic but none of the threads or docs have lead to success. :frowning:
I have a new C7 and a large ST setup with WebCore. I decided to migrate slowly so HubConnect looked like the best option.

I have installed on the HE:
HubConnect Server v2
HubConnect Instance v2
HubConnect Remote Driver v2
I installed on ST:
Hubconnect Remote Client for Smartthings.
OAuth in enabled on both apps.

In the HubConnect app I connect manually to the ST IP, set the remote type to SmartTings and get the connection key. I go into the ST app, enter the key and the app just hangs.
On the HE side if I click "Verify" i get this:

Remote installation is not complete. Please click the [Install] button on the remote client.

What is this Dumb@33 not doing right? :slight_smile:

Since you’re hanging on the ST side, open the IDE and go to Live Logging, then try the ST App again. I’m guessing there is an error registering there that is preventing completion. Also may want to check that you set the switch correctly on HE side where it asks if you have an ST Hub connected (instructions say to always say yes I believe, but I think it defaults to no).

Yippee. Made it with your great explainations. Thank you. Thank you.

Sadly Logging shows nothing but the active devices chatting away.
Head scratcher.
I'll scroll back and see how @denis solved his issues.

Getting better, saw a snippet that showed the local connection type slected shouldn't be Smartthings but HubAction(http).
She's online now so it's just a matter of figureing out the sharing of devices. I selected them all in ST but so far HE doesn't have them in the devices list. Maybe that's not how they are implemented; off to the docs for step 2 :slight_smile:

You have two threads regarding HubConnect and it looks like in one..

"ST app hanging..." is what you're asking about in this thread?

Not exactly true...

SmartThings IS the connection type and there are two mechanisms for communications... one of which is HubAction. Either works. HubAction requires a local ST Hub be powered on, while the default method does not.

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 3.07.51 PM

Once ST is selected, you may indicate there is a local ST hub...

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 3.08.10 PM

Then you have the choices:

Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 3.09.29 PM

I followed those steps earlier but the ST app would hang after the key was entered if I chose ST oAuth. When I chose HubAction the app continued with that key and now says Online.

New to Hubitat and trying to integrate my Smartthings using HubConnect. When trying to download from the HubConnect Portal, I get a warning message .

"Your connection isn't private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from hubconnect.to (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Go backHide advanced

This server could not prove that it is hubconnect.to; its security certificate expired 10 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
bc

Question for csteele,

I have a SmartThings cloud account connected via HubConnect that works great. I also have a remote Hubitat Hub at another house that works great.

The problem is I want to use the SmartThings App as a presence sensor for that other house. Mostly cause the Hubitat App still doesn't do multiple locations.

The problem with SmartThings is my account is tied to the address of my main house. I have tried adding additional locations and then installing another instance of HubConnect to no avail.

Is the HubConnect connection tied to the account in ST or the location? Also, I got this all working a while back when the old app was still alive. I've seen folks post about the new app not working. However, I tried adding the second connection via the IDE with the same results... It just doesn't finish...

Trying to warp my head around all of this. My end goal is to have all of my devices on Hubitat and still use the Smartthings app to control the devices. I went through all of the steps to get everything installed on both the HE and ST. I have them linked, both show online in their apps. The next step is to expose devices to ST. I select what I want to use from the app on the HE but nothing shows up on ST. Is there a possibility that I have missed a step. The live log on ST pops up with the error

• error ... Uunable to create device Entry Light: physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'HubConnect Dimmer' in namespace 'shackrat' not found..

any clue what I did wrong or what I may be missing?

Just a guess, but that error makes it seem the HubConnect drivers aren’t loaded at the SmartThings end.

2 Likes

Yes! I just figured it out and was going to delete my dumb question. I added the drivers to hubitat and not ST. Pretty dumb I know. It is all up and running.

1 Like

I have an ST account with 2 locations (multiple Arlo accounts drove me there) set up and have a HubConnect V2 instance on both - have to add the ST Hub Remote Client to both locations. (There was a small bug trying to setup the 2nd location in HubConnect but I found a work around.)

1 Like

Do you mind sharing the work around? I tried saving the client under two different names, one to each location, but didn't seem to work.

Sent you a PM

haha, just saw it as i hit enter... :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'm trying have HE connect to ST. Everything is installed. When I go to the ST HubConnect smartapp on my phone their is no place to enter the connection key. I'm using the new ST app not the classic. I'm using HubConnect 1.64

What am I missing?