[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

Correct. It's on the main server app where the configuration of custom devices is done.

Great news! Thank you for the feedback.

I'm not seeing it there either. I must be blind.

EDIT: I see it now... I had to make a driver and specify a few things, Save it, then go back in before the option showed up. :+1:

EDIT 2: That builder will be useful for certain scenarios. I think there is still an opportunity to make a builder that creates a stub based on an actual parent device, though (instead of specifying attributes by hand). Basically, specify the actual device to create the stub off of and create the stub driver though based on the actual capabilities and commands on the specified device. I was tinkering with that in a script yesterday, so I guess it doesn't really matter if it is built in to HubConnect or not since it can be done externally.

In my test script I do 2 MakerAPI calls (since I am doing this off-hub): one to pull capabilities of the physical device, and one to pull the commands of the physical device. Once you have those 2 things, you can make a stub driver identical to the parent device driver programmatically - with the exception of ENUM command types as the ENUM values aren't listed in the MakerAPI call return.

1 Like

I've followed the instructions to update but there seems to be an issue.
I have a server and one remote HE hub.
On the dashboard if I turn off a virtual switch on the remote hub, I get the 'sending' icon showing up permanently.
On the server hub's dashboard it does turn the virtual switch off.
Any thoughts/ideas.

EDIT: Same thing for a dimmer.

EDIT 2: Anybody else seeing this?

Did you import the "HubConnect Remote Hub" driver to update it on your server hub?
Did you install the "HubConnect Remote Hub" driver to update it on your server hub?

Both steps needed to be complete before going to the server app and hitting done.

If you followed those steps, go into the remote hubs at each end (Server & Remote) and make sure they both report a Connected status.

You can always go and hit done on both the server and remote again to force a reinitalization of both apps.

@dan.t upgrade still the same?

I notice on my server, the HubConnect Hub devices still say v1.4 on their current states field.

Is that correct? And, yes, I did import and save the updated HubConnect Hub driver (on all 3 of my hubs - client and server).

EDIT: After hitting initialize, it changed to v1.5.0...


it is
npm -g install homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect


for your next release, you might want to set the impotUrl in the definition for:

  • HubConnect DomeAeon Plug
  • all the apps.

that will make the next update even easier. BTW, upgrade is done and humming nicely along!!! Great work!

They are set for everything. Looks like the DomeAeon plug got missed.

Drivers -> yes. The Apps -> no

e.g. HubConnect Remote Client App

name: "HubConnect Remote Client",
namespace: "shackrat",
author: "Steve White",
description: "Synchronizes devices and events across hubs..",
category: "My Apps",
iconUrl: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience.png",
iconX2Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png",
iconX3Url: "https://s3.amazonaws.com/smartapp-icons/Convenience/Cat-Convenience@2x.png"

1 Like

Weird.. They were before merging the changes @csteele did over the summer. Must have been lost in the process.

Oh dear. Need to revert back.

I don't think importURL is supported for apps, only drivers. Apps remember the last URL you imported yourself (if you did so). They may change that at some point, but I don't think it has changed unless it was undocumented and very recent.


I think I've done something wrong, although I did double check. It still seems to work but I get these errors(loads)?

Are your dashboards working OK?
Motion sensors are not reporting across to my slave hub either.

Ha, I didn't even know that, nor did I try.... I just thought of it while copying the raw code....

May I make a couple suggestions. I might have been doing something wrong, but here is a couple things that made me pause.

In the code maybe put the version number somewhere near the top. I wasn't sure if I had the right ones or not. Maybe this has been covered already and if so, I apologize.

In the install instructions. For some reason I can't copy the url links. So had to go to the code the hard way.

In the SmartThings instructions, I don't think you can paste just the url. I understood that, but some folks might not.



I would start over and follow the steps explicitly.. If you miss a step, or do things in the wrong order the hubs will not reinitialize connections properly.