[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

very cool! And inside webcore, I use mode change as trigger and also change those mode inside piston... HE also use modes so its little bit confusing because I dont know if those modes would be updated from webcore to smartthings or if I should transfer those mode to HE ...? I also have a lot of virtual devices that control alexa routine and I also have multiple location in ST but with HE its looks different, I could not find how to create more location and I think that those location wont update all together since the app only open one location at time...

For now I have the choice to install something like Hubithings and let everything as is... or uninstall all devices from ST and install it on HE and also create all those virtual devices and rebuilt my webcore pistons with my green code...

My HubConnect stopped working last night. It says no network is detected and it shows remote hub (Smartthings) offline. And because i use Fibaro sensors for temperature monitoring i am now left with unfunctional heating system in the middle of the winter. Damn it Smartthings....

1 Like

I noticed that the SmartThings status in HE now says "offline" I assume that means that this is finally dead? I've done everything I have done before as far as reconnecting but it doesn't change. I use it to connect out appliances to HE and have been already playing with the other options for a while now. I just thought I would check in to see.

I think the plug was finally pulled.

Fibaro works natively I believe.

1 Like

Not these. There was a reason i chose the SmartThings hub for them. Indeed there is a community developed driver, but the SmartThings one worked better. I have the older firmware and there are a lot of issues.
I think as a temporary solution i will try to install the beta replica app, and afterwards find a fix for the Fibaro sensors.

Use [BETA] HubiThings Replica to keep using critical devices that do not work anymore. It is not too hard to migrate.

I will try to either migrate those devices to HE directly or replace them completely. I do not support any device or service that used cloud for important tasks. It does not matter how popular the device is, one day you will find yourself in this situation even though you spent money for it.

2 Likes

@csteele if you can you might want to try to get the title of this thread upated to remove the comment about Smartthings

2 Likes

I updated the title. :wink:

1 Like

Mine shows ST Offline. Is It the same for everyone? Last I heard, ST had indefinitely postponed the groovy execution date. But, is it now in fact, dead and gone?

1 Like

Mine's down as well, gotta figure out how to get my Arlo's working again :rage: :rage: :rage:

Mine finally went offline a couple of weeks ago.

HubiThings replica has a method and drivers for arlos's i have it working already

With the demise of Hub Connect on ST, I am using HubiThings Replica for just a few devices that are still hosted on ST. I am left with scores of HE devices that have Hub Connect instances back over on ST. These are effectively dead and just clogging up the app and the ST IDE. Even if I delete the Hub Connect app, I think these devices remain. Deleting them one-by-one on the ST app is VERY tedious and I don't see a way in the IDE. Is there a mass delete function anywhere within ST?

1 Like

You can delete them via the CLI, which could be scripted. You can get it from ST's GitHub Edge repo.

All the web based UIs would be one by one (with an acknowledgement to make sure of each).

2 Likes

Interesting. Thank you. I didn't know it existed. This is the link I found:
https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/smartthings-cli

1 Like

I think it should be noted that Hubconnect isn't dead. It is just the Smartthings environment doesn't support it anymore.

Hubconnect will still work fine between Hubitat hubs

7 Likes

But as a hubitat to hubitat link it's been made redundant by the built in mesh feature.

1 Like

I've found the edge app Mira to be very reliable cloning and mirroring hubitat devices to smartthings. All local... So any automations created in the smartthings hub involving hubitat devices will continue to work even without the cloud. This is a step up from even hubconnect or hubithings

1 Like

I'm trying to uninstall HubConnect since I can't use it with SmartThings anymore, however it keeps deleting all of my virtual switches that I had connected to SmartThings. I'm still using these switches in several automations and redoing all of that would be a huge hassle. Is there a way to keep these switches when uninstalling HubConnect?

Edit: I should probably add that I was using HubConnect version 1.6.4.

Not sure about HubConnect, but one option would be to add new virtual switches and then use the Swap Apps Device in the settings menu to swap out the old virtual switches for the new virtual switches.

2 Likes