[RELEASE] Hub Watchdog - Simple way to monitor if your hub is slowing down or not

Nope. Virtual was slower than zigbee in that particular run.

Yikes, I think you might need more virtual repeaters.:wink:

11 Likes

:rofl:

Dumb question, I suppose to create a virtual device first, then create one child with that virtual device, then if I want to test zigbee and zwave I must create one child for each?

Yup. Because I think you can only select one test switch per child app. I created 3 child apps - virtual, zwave and zigbee.

1 Like

This had me baffled for a little bit. Any real device used in a child app will only stay on for five seconds. After playing with this app I walked in the bedroom. Lights turned on, then off. Hmm. Went to the office to look at logs. Desk light turned on, then off. Removed the real devices and all is well again.

Yes but you were still coding on your phone walking through Walmart. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Adding a feature to select the time between tests? Not just every 1 hour

Thanks

1 Like

New version on Github...

Child:
V1.0.1 - 09/24/19 - Added Data device options

Driver:
V1.0.0 - 09/24/19 - Initial release

1 Like

Nicely done, Bryan! When combined with @Cobra's SuperTile, I can make a very nice informational tile like this one:

22%20PM

Looks good although I prefer Tile Master :wink::grin::rofl:

2 Likes

Last one for tonight...

Child:
V1.0.2 - 09/24/19 - Added Run time options

Will work on Reports tomorrow. :grin:

6 Likes

Nice!

What, no 3D graphs available on the dashboard yet? Blimey, it must be a slow coding day today lol :smile: :smile: :smile:

1 Like

@bptworld Side note, I've just started to use App Watchdog 2. Does that have to be updated to add support for this app, too? Might be a dumb question...

Bryan: Big Kudos for a job well done!

1 Like

I always wait a day or two before adding any new app to AW2. Usually there is a flurry of additions/fixes once it's out in the wild. You know the old, 'Wow, great app BUT can it do this!?', lol.

New version on github...

Child:
V1.0.3 - 09/25/19 - Added Rule Machine options, also now works with AW2.

4 Likes

I have not seen a consistent hub slow down yet. However, around 1:30AM, both my zigbee and zwave tests took longer than the max delay (500 msecs). The test with the virtual outlet at the same time was fine (or didn't trigger a notification).

The delays after 1:30AM have been under 500 msecs as well. So, just one solitary time point, but it happened with both zwave and zigbee test devices.

I have the notifications sent to me by email. Here they are:

11%20AM

27%20AM

1 Like

I think I'm going to add an option to rerun report 2 more times if over max delay. That way we can see if it was a fluke or not.

2 Likes

Nice work on this, and I completely understand the flurry of updates after release.

Nice find on the log web socket... BTW.

2 Likes