[RELEASE] Hub Watchdog - Simple way to monitor if your hub is slowing down or not

Made the change manually for now as you suggested. That worked. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Bryan,
Just trying this and it looks to be a great idea for testing our hubs on a regular basis to check for hubs starting to slow down.
I decided to select a Z-Wave light switch that is in a cupboard and not used that often.
Ideal I thought to turn on and off every 3 hours to do a Z-Wave delay check.
The problem I'm getting is that if I open the cupboard door, the light comes on as it should as per rule, but it turns off after 5 seconds even though the door is still open.
Is this expected behaviour and we should only use 'test' devices, not actual devices.
Thanks again for another great app.

2 Likes

Glad I'm not going crazy!

1 Like

Hi, yes. That is right in the 'Instructions' :wink:

1 Like

Thanks - I wouldn't have known to do that if you hadn't asked Bryan!

Here we go...

Child:
V1.0.4 - 09/25/19 - Here comes the reports!

Driver:
V1.0.1 - 09/25/19 - Added a lot of data points

2 Likes

Seem to have run into an issue. The report for one of my child apps isn't displaying:

And there's an error for every reading:

Please try the new driver...

V1.0.2 - 09/25/19 - Attempt to fix a null object error

1 Like

the reporting is cool!

But the last reported value is always showing up in the "bad values" column, even though it's not bad.

Mine aren't... On mine the latest is in the right spot.

Although I do see a data point here and there in the "bad" category that is below the time threshold. See below. So maybe "bad" means more than just above the max time setting? :man_shrugging:

This is mine. I don't have as many data points as you do because I'm not running it very often. But you can see that the "bad reading" is the last run.

I don't know, so I'll blame solar flares. :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

That seems likely. Or gremlins. :grin:

Lol

Gremlinelectricql8

1 Like

You guys are having too much fun!

New version to test...

Child:
V1.0.5 - 09/25/19 - Added a failsafe, test has to fail 3 times before notification is sent. Other small adjustments

Driver:
V1.0.3 - 09/25/19 - More tweaks

I'm not seeing that here.

Be sure all to update all 3... Parent, child and driver, then in the Device click the 'Clear Data1' button to start from scratch.

I updated all three, cleared the data, and ran it manually 3 times. The reports seem to be working fine now. I'll keep an eye on it for a bit.

Thanks for banishing the gremlins. :wink:

2 Likes

awesome app
please do not name more of your apps watchdog

App Watchdog
Apps Watchdog 2
Device Watchdog
Hub Watchdog

?

1 Like

I like this app specifically because it's only standardized app how to measure
"It feels slow"
bravenel little resisted putting something like this in work because it doesn't show real load.
But it shows something we can compare and it is measured the same way for everybody.
now we can quantify our feels.

You'll need to post the log please