[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

Hi @thebearmay
Just updated my spare hub and have the latest version of your driver.
Should the cpu5min reading give this many decimal points.

• cpu5Min : 57.99999999999999

Only for you LOL. I should be able to round that off fairly easy.

Edit: v1.8.2 - rounds CPU to max of 2 decimals

3 Likes

I hope the value isn’t really 57, that would be extremely high.. unless the driver is multiplying by 100 to represent a percentage?

Unless something has changed the value returned is a Linux load average and not a percentage. Unless the hub is under extreme load, it should always be under 4.

It would have come from the hub as a 5 minute average of 0.579999999... I multiplied it by 100 to report it as a percentage

I guess that is the question... Is the variable from the hub fractional % or LOAD?

If LOAD, you can't multiply by 100...

I assumed it was LOAD (so 0-4=normal, 4+ is overload), but didn't ask.

2 Likes

Easy enough to fix if load...

I’m pretty sure it’s load, the value matches the cpu5min url, which is load (or at least that’s how it was originally described).

1 Like

Is not doing much?

Eh, subjective. That's a higher load than all 5 of my hubs have.

But yes - that is a good, low loading overall.

If you do a repair, I’ve reverted the code to Load

Can you run round the house flicking switches for 5 minutes to see if you can get it higher!

1 Like

If 0-4 is normal 0.5 is bottom of normal?

Edit, yea soz for banter
Edit @JasonJoel so what is a theoretical max? Could it be converted to a percentage for layman's?

1 Like

I've gotten my dev hubs up to 6 before. That is a BAD thing though.

EDIT: Sorry @thebearmay I'll quit posting off topic crap on your thread.. lol

LOL, no worries I enjoy the banter...

Not really / kind of. For load you get 1 for each core. So 4 would = 100%-ish (if the scheduler is doing a perfect job). BUT the process queue can go higher than what can be executed, which is why LOAD can go >4. Numbers >4 just mean not all processes can run when they want and are getting slowed down/have to wait.

A much more correct explanation than my butchered version:

This is the best paragraph, in my opinion though:

3 Likes

The figure I quoted was just after an update to the latest 2.2.6 fix.
The hub is a C3 that isn't actually doing anything.

0.12 with no one moving around

I'm looking at 0.08 or about 2% with some light activity - mainly 3-4 motion and a couple of dimmers and doors.

Just spotted this

Yours is low, need to find out what's causing it
Do use follow me or Chromecast? Keep alive?

Last time I saw that error I was using the Beta of 1.8.0; just pushed 1.8.3 about an hour ago, can you pull it down and see if that makes this go away?