[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

i have not updated yet.. will update later and let you know if it breaks it for me.. what attributes are you graphing.. if you had not updated in a while remember a few firmwares ago one of the memory attributes went away..

Hi,

I was just curious if there's any info in here about a hub update available and/or what version that is? I see a hubVersion in the image but didn't find anything in this thread in case it was added later

hubVersion and firmwareVersionString both contain the HE software version that the hub is running under. I have the code in a test version to indicate whether an update is available, just haven’t optimized it yet.

3 Likes

That morning quickie app continues to feature creep.

1 Like

You know, I think about that every time. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Driver now has the hubUpdateStatus attribute, its normal value seems to be NO_UPDATE_AVAILABLE. This attribute has a separate polling rate from the normal grouping, and defaults to 6000 seconds (1 hour). Setting the poll rate to zero will disable the polling.

3 Likes

So this could be linked to an announcement that an update is available?

Just knocked this up quickly.
May have to change the text 'UPDATE_AVAILABLE' for update available when one becomes available.

Summary

Could use RM or webCoRE and look for a change in value to send a notification or take another action. I also have a light weight app that will monitor it (and a few other values) and send a notification.

2 Likes

How does that differ from hub information?

It uses the Hub Information to generate notifications. Just replaces writing rules for the notification.

2 Likes

Now we just need an RM action to update the hub and we have a proper hub automation system :smile:

It would also be nice if the hub told us the version number of the pending update, so that an assessment of its maturity could be made (eg. track each pending update and then decide which one to update at).

it is dangerous to do this automatically in my opinion.. occasionally there are glitches for known and unknown reasons and it would be better if you are around to handle them when they arise.. I belive a notification is enough

5 Likes

That's your choice. Others of us may like to automatically update our hubs based on rules related to the latest update version, if it has remained unchanged for several days, etc.

i was looking at integrating the new fw update stuff with my own modified version..

there is a typo/bug in your code

you call the new input paramter here

input("fwUpdatePollRate","number", title:"Poll rate (in seconds) for FW Update Check (Default:6000, Disable:0):", defaultValue:6000, submitOnChange:true)
}

fwUpdatePollRate

but reference it as a differnt name elsewhere fwUpdateCheckPollRate

if(fwUpdateCheckPollRate == null)
device.updateSetting("fwUpdateCheckPollRate",[value:6000,type:"number"])
if(fwUpdatePollRate > 0 ) updateCheck()
}

3 Likes

Thanks, I'll get that corrected.

4 Likes

For those that do not want to install your new app to notify here is a rule machine 5.1 rule to do the same.. the trigger is custom attribute. You cannot use notification app as you know as that does not support custom attributes.

1 Like

Not that I don't appreciate your work.. I just need finer control over the contents of the html attribute to have it display what I want and fit into the hubigraph tile I have on my dashboard.

Not a problem, customization of the output (along with the desire to combine multiple hubs into one output) is one of the reasons I wrote

I don't believe there is a one size fits all. Target is to try and hit the sweet spot for 80-85%, and then help those that want a more custom solution.

1 Like

To paraphrase The Beatles “Hold my hand”

Remember, I am an old fart. How the sam hill (sorry to any Sams here) do I use this? Read almost every post, and now I feel like I missed a few days of school.

This is a driver, so it needs to be associated with a device. Which one?

No chuckling please. This smart stuff is really stretching my capability.