[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

I set all the settings and pressed Configure and Initialize. Kept getting the ClassCastException: null every time I would push any command buttons or save prefs.

Found out what breaks it. Decimals

Pressing refresh gets an error now

UpdateCheck button also

I also dont think the settings I enabled which were off before are updating when I press Configure or Initialize. I would expect Initialize to grab everything? Or is there a way to force EVERYTHING to refresh? Maybe the broken refresh button will do it once fixed.

Pushed up a few changes, haven’t coded the check for decimals yet, but should have fixed the Refresh and Update Check.

You’ll need to do an Update Preferences or a Configure to get one of the updates to take.

1 Like

Looks to be at least functional now. Will let it run and check my charts in the AM.

1 Like

Changed most of the structure and flow, so let me know what you find. I do have a few more changes to make and also need to start testing the migration options.

I got it setup on my dev hub for both drivers and just initiated a reboot. I will look at performance difference over the next few days and let you know what I find.

1 Like

Gave version 3.0.0 its own thread.

This version will still be available for those do not meet the minimum HE version requirement (2.2.8.141) to run version 3.

6 Likes

Great! :+1:

Maybe a little hint in Post #1 of this thread would be helpful for newbies? :thinking:

3 Likes

Now that I've been graphing some stats from this driver.. At what point do most of you decide to reboot your hub due to memory getting low?

I'm seeing after a reboot there is 400some k free but after a few days that's down to 200 some. Sometimes as low as 180k. At what point is performance affected?

The actual lowest viable point varies depending on firmware version and the hub's app/driver mix, but in general I believe the hub is responsive down to about 120 - with that in mind, I start considering a reboot at around the 180-150 mark

• hubAlerts : []

Will hubAlerts populate text/data if there's an active alert? For example, my zwave crashed the other day and I had no idea until I went to go use a zwave device.

Is there a way I can monitor zwave crashes with this driver via RM rule? I'd like to be proactive and notify me then reboot my hub when this happens to resolve the issue ASAP.

You don't need this driver, you can just use a Location event in RM.

Screen Shot 2023-07-12 at 1.00.34 PM

2 Likes

What is the recommended Event history size and State history size for the Hub Information Driver?

It’s a personal preference, but given that there are a lot of attributes that are in play I’d keep them low. 5/5 is probably as high as I would go; I keep mine at 1/1.

3 Likes

I have mine set at 5/5 but I see this in the logs. Does this make sense? BTW: Based upon your practice @thebearmay I'm going to set to 1/1.

Seems like I should never see more than 5 states or 5 events but there are many more than that.

Clean up job runs, I believe, hourly to trim the events/states back to the setting so depending on where you are in that cycle…

Oh.

My hub info is no longer displaying on my dashboard. See my C5 and C7 images here.

Any ideas what happened?

Try saving your preferences again, if that doesn't work try rebooting the hub.

Saving preferences didn't help. I reboot my C7 hub every morning at 4:25 am. This has been a problem for a couple weeks at least. Is it possible that my Hubinfo Device is out of date?

Not sure What fixed it, but i did a repair on hpm. Also previously deleted hubinfoTemplate.res which was 5 bytes. No longer have a file by that name.....kind of expected it to be Created again. Anyway it is working Now.