[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

I checked my settings.

Queue 1 is set to 5 minutes, but nothing is using it.
Queue values are 5, 15, 30, and 60 minutes.

Hmmmm... Might check the event log to see if it shows some activity.

With HE 2.3.5.121 the endpoint for checking the zigbee stack version is removed, and so v3.0.26 removes it also.

v3.0.26 Changes

• Removes zigbeeStack attribute
  • Removes polling queue selection for the zigbeeStack attribute

Note - After upgrading to this release you will need to hit Configure on the driver’s page to complete the removal and not receive a polling error.

8 Likes

Do you ever take a break?

dog yawn GIF

8 Likes

FYI: whatever recent changes you have made to what happens when the hub reboots definitely has made a difference. I have noticed over the past week that the information is all up to date as soon as the hub has finished booting up, where in the past it might take a refresh to bring it up to date. Thank you so much for this driver.

6 Likes

Any having issues where the polling suddenly stops? I've had it happen twice this week without a reboot or anything occuring.

Last event was 4/20 around 3 am (backup time frame). This is what I'm showing for scheduled jobs.

The recurring false is okay for poll1 but you should see the other polls listed if you have them running. A reboot would trigger the initialize method which would restart all polls, so the only way it doesn’t continue is if the poll runs but encounters a non-recoverable error or the hub is somehow too busy to run the poll.

Understood. I only have poll1 running. Reinitializing the driver gets everything rescheduled. The logs leading up to the stop show a successful run at 3:08 am on 4/20 and nothing again until I hit initialize today.

I should've started with I don't believe this to be an issue with the driver, but a symptom of something else. My inkling is CPU load.

.,. And no errors in the logs? Reason I ask is that it’s not out of the realm of possibility that I may have missed a condition and could be not correctly handling an error caused by a heavy hub load.

Correct...none. The screenshot above is raw log data. I just use Splunk for long term retention.

I assume that you are familiar with the current log outputs from the driver:

408 is a site busy response so an occasional occurrence is generally nothing to worry about - just means that the data is stale until the next request goes through.

1 Like

Is it possible to get more sensor details i.e. memory and cpu details in Home Assistant ?
Currently Hub Info only shows the temp entity.
Note: this is the Hacs Hubitat integration: GitHub - jason0x43/hacs-hubitat: A Hubitat integration for Home Assistant
Thanks

Summary

1 Like

Never played with Home Assistant so not sure how it works. Could see if HADB can bring them across for you.

2 Likes

If I get a chance happy to play around with this, but likely @thebearmay will beat me to it....

What are wanting to do by getting the info through to HA? Are you looking to trigger automations, or simply display the details on a HA dashboard? If a dashboard, InfluxDB and Grafana may be a more appropriate option. I have InfluxDB an Grafana setup on a rpi and frequently check the Grafana dashboard to see how my HE hubs and other infrastructure are fairing.

1 Like

Just taking a quick glance at HACS there doesn’t appear to be any definitions in it to support anything other than temperature from this driver.

2 Likes

I wish I knew for sure the magic thing I did, but I have all the Hub Information sensors in HA.

I know I had to go into each sensor and actually enable it (almost all of them were hidden behind that +64 entities not shown link), but after I did that (and set some custom icons), they have Just Worked ever since.

2 Likes

Yep, all 74 sensors are available. You just have to go in and enable the entities that you want to use. To do this double click on the grayed out entity and then select the gear icon in the upper right corner of the opened dialogue box. From there select enable and wait 30 seconds and it should be available.

2 Likes

I assume you know that both influxDB and Grafana are available add ons within HA?

No, but would make sense that they are. I only have my main InfluxDB and Grafana instance hooked up to Maker API / Node JS linked to my HE hubs.