[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

Please forgive the basic question but I assume if we have an HTML attribute created and not over ridden by aggregation we have to edit the .res file you default list? How is that done?

Example:

My second hub doesn't have radios enabled so I don't need the attribute display those.

Would I be better off waiting for the integration back into aggregation app?

Let me check, I think it’s a 5 minute change..

1 Like

Awesome update, thanks Jean!

1 Like

Idiot here :wink:
I Added the new version via HPM and now I have 2, old and new.
The Hub info device still says [Quick Reference v2.7.22.
I can't delete the old one as it says I'm using it in some Dashboards.
What did I do wrong? I can delete the references to the device and remove both versions and start fresh but if I don't have to cuz I'm dumb and can fix the install that would be better.

Should have two sets of driver code now. Go into the 2.7.22 device, scroll down to Device Type and change it from Hub Information to Hub Information Driver v3 and Save. Then hit Initialize , go down into the Preferences and select the poll queue (1-4, 0 is do not report) for each set of attributes you wish to have reported on, and then enter the polling interval for each queue (note that the polling interval for queue 4 is in hours). Hit Save , and then Refresh .

2 Likes

not working for me.. wanted to leave old one in place till i got this working..

installed driver code.. no issue
tried to create new device based on the new driver..

no errors in logs but got this page when submitting

ok installed ok anyway and is working..just that error on install

beautiful update.. once tested replace driver in old version and working perfectly, and i dont need my own version anymore to keep my custom html template ... ..

only one other issue. when i swapped drivers and saved configuration.. debugging was on.. even though it was off in control panel.. tons of crap coming out..

I toggled in on in panel... saved.. then toggled it back off and resaved..
now in sync an no debugging during updates.

one other issue. the style in the default html template is not working.. looks fine on the panel but the alignment is not left on my dashboard.. had to add an align left to each td.

3 Likes

Thanks for continually making things better around here! It's a beauty.

3 Likes

Thanks @thebearmay
shes-a-beaut-clark-shes-a-beaut-clark

3 Likes

Nice Update, I couldn't' get it to load via HPM even though it was found there. New driver never showed up after HPM said the install was completed.

Did the manual install and on creating the device received the Error 500 message but after that I went to the new device I created it was there. Setup up the time durations for 1-4 assigned the durations and now working fine.

1 Like

Interesting. It didn't load right off for me either. Did an HPM repair and everything was fine. I thought I messed it up the first time as I was under-caffeinated. Might try a repair.

4 Likes

If you manually installed, a Matchup in HPM should find it so you get further updates in HPM. I tested this yesterday and it worked.

I played around with mine and came up with this. Just add this "style" tag to the top of the template file, and then you can remove any other styling in each to cut down on characters. This centers the table itself, left aligns each td and adds left and right padding to the td

<style>table{margin:auto;} td{text-align:left;padding:0px 6px 0px 6px;}</style>

Result (using my customized template)

UPDATE: Further optimized the style tag above

2 Likes

Same for me.

Same had to manually install driver as it said installed but was not physically there. Then Match up worked.

I had an issue in the manifest that was fixed last night, but it may take up to 24 hours for HPM to pick up the change.

5 Likes

Just pushed up v3.0.2

Changes:

• Reduces the warnings when zigbeeStatus and zigbeeStatus2 don't agree to 1 time only (this can happen if the zigbee radio is turned off between reboots - status2 will see the change)
  • Turn off debugging after 30 minutes
  • Add the Remove Unused Attributes method, command and preference options
7 Likes

just noticed in the new version i lost the code i had for easly human readable uptime.. can you add a similiar option for that .. thanks

def formatUptime(){
String attrval
try {
Integer ut = device.currentValue("uptime").toDouble()
Integer days = (ut/(360024))
Integer hrs = (ut - (days * (3600
24))) /3600
Integer min = (ut - ((days * (360024)) + (hrs * 3600))) /60
Integer sec = ut - ((days * (3600
24)) + (hrs * 3600) + (min * 60))

attrval = days.toString() + " days, " + hrs.toString() + " hrs, " + min.toString() + " min, " + sec.toString() + " sec."
    sendEvent(name: "formattedUptime", value: attrval, isChanged: true) 
} catch(Exception ex) { 
    sendEvent(name: "formattedUptime", value: "", isChanged: true)
}

}

@thebearmay,
Thank you for the updated release.
Any idea why I received the error below:
Please note that I do not have any ZWave devices and have also disabled ZWave.

Summary