[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

I'm getting info message in my logs any time that an attribute updates, can we get a way to disable that?

turn on debugging .. hit save preferences, turn off debugging and hit save preferences again..
sounds like what happened to me after i updated the first time.

2 Likes

Base data is pretty much static (firmwareVersionString, hardwareID, id, latitude, localIP, localSrvPortTCP, locationId, locationName, longitude, name, temperatureScale, timeZone, type, zigbeeChannel, zigbeeEui, zigbeeId, zigbeeStatus, zipCode), so by default it gets loaded at hub reboot, and is probably fine left at that (my default for it).

I'm currently using poll 1 at 9 minutes, poll 3 at 115 minutes and poll 4 at 4 hours.

Poll 1: CPU Temperature, Free Memory, CPU Load/Pct, DB Size (thinking about moving this to poll 3), hubAlerts, zwaveStatus, zigbeeStatus2, and securityInUse

Poll 3: zwaveVersion, zwaveSDKVersion, ntpServer (may move to Poll 4), ipSubNets, connectType (Ethernet, WiFi, Dual), dnsServers, staticIPJson, lanIPAddr, wirelessIP, wifiNetwork, hubMeshCount and hubMeshData

Poll 4: hubUpdateStatus, hubUpdateVersion

Edit: This may change as I think about it more, but for now...
Edit 2: Current settings:

Poll 1: 9min
Poll 2: 119min
Poll 3: 241min
Poll 4: 12hrs
Current % of total: Main Hub 0.123 & Dev Hub 0.131

7 Likes

Here is where I settled on polling times and groups.
I put most of the very seldom changing things at 6 hours.
May still bump poll2 to a longer time but poll1 stays at 5 minutes.

3 Likes

You see, I told you it was an Idiot you were dealing with.
Duh, you created a new driver not a new device.

1 Like

Not really in the scope of this, and besides this driver should give you everything you'll ever need:

2 Likes

Is there any reason the 'lastHubRestartFormatted' does not just follow the same format as "Date/Time Format for Last Updated"? Would be nice to just make them both match my preferred formatting.

Would you accept that I simply forgot to add it? :sunglasses:
Give me a few and we'll get that corrected.

Edit: v3.0.4 is up with the formatting option. Select the option, Save Preferences, and click Initialize (only time the restart time is checked/set)

4 Likes

Thought I would share a cool tidbit I have seen with this.

Previously, this device was over 70% of busy time. Currently it is just under 50%.

This is with actually getting some stats more frequently than before.

1 Like

Improvement! Love it! Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Side note: it also brought to my attention that apparently at some point the "reset" button in stats was done away with.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip @thebearmay. I was not aware of that app/driver although I do already use the Meteorological Seasons by the same developer.

Funny tidbit of info. Back in the 80's VAXes were considered to be "mini Computers" as opposed to even larger "mainframes" at that time :grin:

1 Like

Seeing an awful lot of these. I have a C-5 hub on 2.3.4.130 and I've updated Hub Information Driver to v3.0.4. Pretty sure there's nothing actually wrong with my Zigbee radio...

What do your state variables look like (errorZigbeeMismatch ) and what value are you seeing for zigbeeStatus and zigbeeStatus2 attributes ?

Sorry for the stretched out screen print. Not seeing zibgeeStatus with this version. errorZigbeeMismatch is false.

Try hitting Configure it doesn’t look like your baseData has run yet

Yeah that appears to have fixed it. I wonder what happened, though. It was working OK.

Don’t know somehow the zigbeeStatus attribute wasn’t there and created a condition I wasn’t expecting. (Going to fix that loophole in a little bit though.)

Edit: v3.0.5 has the fix

4 Likes

Thanks! Always happy to find the weird things... :grin:

1 Like