[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

Is there a way to install the updates automatically using this. I sometimes don't login for months so it would be good to have the updates installed on their own.

HPM has an option for automatic updates, and you can exclude / include packages if you dont want every package to auto update.

1 Like

I'm betting that he means hub firmware updates

Correct. This is what I meant.

No, neither HPM nor hub info driver have access to hub firmware updates.

Here is a python script to do automatic updated. Highly not recommended.

4 Likes

Why is it not recommended? I will skip it if that's the case.

If it was recommended, then the hub platform would already have an auto-update option built in. That option is lacking on purpose. It is intended that you check the release notes for any critical information and update under supervision.

If everything is working fine and you are not interested in any new features what is the purpose of updating automatically, it would only introduce additional risk. In this case you would be best to hold off on a new release and wait for the frequent updates to taper off (~2-3 weeks usually), then update.

15 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

2 Likes

v3.0.34 adds the reboot with log purge option and addresses 2.3.7.145 changes with the rebuild option

8 Likes

I updated my Hub yesterday (it had been at least a month) and I notice this morning that HubInfo still showed a hubAlert for a platformUpdateAvailable.

Aren't hubAlert: platformUpdateAvailable and hubUpdateStatus: Current mutually exclusive?

Thanks.

One would think, but they come from two different endpoints so it is possible for one to lag behind the other. Depends on your polling strategy as to which would be more timely.

Where can I find a current listing of all the possible values of hubAlerts? I found a post from June 2022 on the older driver but there are values which that post did t list, I believe.

LJ

The list can change depending on what version of HE is running, but currently it has:

"hubLoadElevated": false,
        "hubLoadSevere": false,
        "hubHighLoad": false,
        "hubLowMemory": false,
        "hubZwaveCrashed": false,
        "hubLargeishDatabase": false,
        "hubLargeDatabase": false,
        "hubHugeDatabase": false,
        "spammyDevices": false,
        "zwaveOffline": false,
        "zigbeeOffline": false,
        "cloudDisconnected": false,
        "localBackupFailed": false,
        "cloudBackupFailed": false,
        "platformUpdateAvailable": false,
2 Likes

Oh, this must have been pulled from your code. I should have looked there first. Sorry. But thanks for doing this.

LJ

Actually pulled this from the hub, code just reads and formats it.

2 Likes

I am getting a hubAlert that isn’t in your list. It is [hubLoad, hubLoad]. How do I interpret that?

LJ

It’s a consoldiation of the high cpu load warnings.

Hello,

I am recently getting 'null' for html attribute too. I tried all items posted here no success. Also, if I save preferences I am getting:

Any guidance appreciated.

Also noticed it has duplicate entry on preferences for template file: