4 Releases in 7 Days!

Further to what @bertabcd1234 says above, 145 is tentatively the last 2.3.7 hot fix. We had thought 144 might be it, but had a long weekend to find a few more nits...

Hopefully, 2.3.8 beta will come along soon. It's planned to be a small-ish release with a relatively short release cycle -- pending how beta goes.

16 Likes

Just to note... Most major iPhone upgrades are followed by a bunch of small fix packages... Mister Android Developer trash talker. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I am just impressed with the Hubitat Team for getting these fixes out during the Holidays!!!

Thank you, Hubitat Team.

18 Likes

@bravenel
I for one welcome the hotfixes even after the release.
We Beta testers can't find every glitch; it takes a thousands of users to see into the dark corners.
Well done team.

15 Likes

Somebody better tell @gopher.ny to stop working so hard…

9 Likes

@pgreen you're like me and feel compelled to do every upgrade, but are a little annoyed at the frequency you could do what I did and automate the upgrade process.

It checks for an available update, and if there is one available, it emails the details, then performs the update.

8 Likes

8 Likes

So is 2.3.7.x stable now? :wink:

I’m home from vacation in a few days and I’ve been restraining myself from from doing a remote upgrade on my hubs. :rofl:

3 Likes

Ive been looking for this for YEARS!

As you can see in this post, Ive been quite frustrated with the lack of auto-update in Hubitat. Well, now my Pi successfully auto-updated the Hubitat! Now I'm down to ZERO manual updates in my IOT system!

I owe you a coffee!

Sounds like we have come full circle from the OP :grin:

2 Likes

For something as important as your home automation hub, auto updates are not really a good idea. It’s safer to send yourself a notification when there’s an update available and let you choose when to do it.

I can only recall one breaking update that was withdrawn by the Hubitat team, but my point is, no software release is perfect.

I can VPN into my home network at any time to run updates, but I would rather do it while I’m at home - Just in case something doesn’t go to plan.

13 Likes

I agree, but for me this comes down to conflicting neuroces. On one hand, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. On the other hand, I always like having the latest and greatest. In this case, the latest and greatest won out.

5 Likes

My finger hovers over the update button but I always back down due to the family traffic that comes though my home though the Christmas and New Years Holiday. I love it that I get to choose when to update with the Hubitat and that the hot fixes are quick updates. I have a general rule to only update if the bugs fixed are something you need or is security related. Before my C4 died I only did an update about once per year. With my C7's I usually update in January with the end of year release and then watch the notes for the updates.

4 Likes

All options are equally valuable. I certainly fall into the "send me a notification" camp, but would not want to deny people the option to sit on the bleeding edge, with all the "eyes wide open" that is involved. Living alone I could probably be in the "to hell with the consequences" camp, but I would still choose to control the changes I even inflict on myself... Though now I think about it, I haven't chosen that option for updates in HPM.... somehow I seem to trust Community dev's more than those in charge of the platform.... Hmmm.... we don't release any breaking changes do we...?

3 Likes

I do too, but I wait a couple of days to ensure there were no serious escaped defects in each release.

2 Likes

Seriously??

1 Like

Technically you don't need to update even if things aren't working, apparently we can choose whether to update.... :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

I think this is where we differ.

I dont really think my smart home is that important. Say an update breaks stuff. My family is inconvenienced for a day or so. Its not a big deal.

I tend to stay conservative with updates to my computer - since its actually very important for my school and etc. I manually update my computer. I tend to do security patches quickly, but I wait for bugs to go away before installing feature updates.

I see where yall are coming from now... My smart home is just not that important to need 100% uptime.

1 Like

First wife?

2 Likes

Or a keeper....

2 Likes