[RELEASE] HTD MCA66 Multizone Amp

Hello -

Here's my first attempt at a Hubitat driver. I wrote one to control my HTD MCA66 Multi-zone amplifier. Check it out and let me know what you think:
https://github.com/jmehlman/hubitat-htd-mca66-driver

4 Likes

Outstanding timing. I'm helping a friend get his whole house audio and automation running and was just looking at the MCA.

awesome. let me know if you run into any trouble.

Go Sox!

@jmehlman This is great! I literally just posted my desires for something like this on another thread yesterday! I tested your driver on my HTD MC-66 and it works great. I am using the hardwired gateway. Mention me on any updates and I will be happy to be another test data point.

I also labeled and connected all six of my zones to Alexa and that operates and works as switches in the Alexa App. With this functionality it is possible to turn zones on/off using Alexa, which is nice.

I currently can not find a way to control volume of the zones or changing the source(s) with Alexa, but I believe that is a limitation of Alexa.

Thanks again and great job!

PS - Full disclosure, I am a Yankees fan...

Awesome - glad to hear it is working well for you. I actually forgot to implement the source assign. I only have one, so not super important to me :slight_smile:

I'll add that and push an update to the driver this weekend.

1 Like

Timing for this couldn't be better. I recently bought one of these and had been struggling with adapting what I had found to something that would work within Hubitat with it.

Looking forward to the addition of input control.

One other thing I would suggest adding when you can is mute/unmute. There is a toggle code for that and its part of the AudioVolume capability so it shows up as a command.

Will do.

1 Like

@TahutiNet @DBoenz927 -

Driver updated @ github, now has mute & input select.

3 Likes

Sure about that? Both Groovy files still say
12/21/2020 v1.0 - Initial release

yes. neglected to update the file comment, but check commit log.

1 Like

That’s confusing version control.

fixed.

1 Like

@jmehlman I have been waiting for something like this ever since I bought my HTD system. I see that you have written the code for their MCA system but do you know if this will work with their Lync system? Is this something that is even possible? Thank you for your help.

No idea - sorry! I’d check with HTD and see if the command codes are the same / similar. Maybe it would work with some modification..

This is great! Thank you for the quick update. This is working on my end (MC-66 with Wired HTD Gateway) with Hubitat and zone on/off with Alexa. My next step in Alexa is to figure out what determines if this device is a switch or a dimmer and if I can change that. Right now it looks like I can only pick between switch and light *both being on/off only). It would be nice to somehow control volume as a dimmer (ex. "Alexa, set Kitchen Zone to 50%").

Do you know if this can be done by adjusting the zone type in Hubitat? This way when porting to Alexa using the Hubitat Alexa App, maybe it will import as a dimmer and open up that ability?

It would be nice if Alexa had a device type for Whole House Audio Zones that supported On/Off, Mute/Unmute, Volume Up/Down, and Input/Source Selection. But that would need to be implemented on the Alexa side.

Thanks again for all of your work! :clap:

So I was able to find the hex codes for both the MCA and Lync systems. The codes are different but in the same format. Is this the information that you would need? Thanks.

Lync - https://www.htd.com/site/ownersmanual/lync_hex_codes.pdf
MCA - https://www.htd.com/site/ownersmanual/mca66_mc66_hex_codes.pdf

1 Like

Yep - that's the info you need. Since I don't have a Lync system, I wouldn't be able to develop/test it. But see if you can work off of this driver and make the necessary modifications!

1 Like

Well I am definitely not a programmer but I was able to get some basic functionality to my Lync system based off of your code and the hex codes from HTD. I will continue to play around with it and I may hit you up for some advise if that is OK with you.

2 Likes

@jmehlman Setting up with a dashboard, the default tile type for a zone is a music player. The tile in general does not appear to work 100%. I wonder if it can somehow be broken into multiple tiles, but the music player tile would be great as it is nice and compact. Is that something that is considered at the driver level?

Here is a screenshot of my WHA dashboard:

I think I see what is going on. Below is what each part of the tile does. There appears to be no way to turn the Zone ON or Set Input/Source.