[RELEASE] HTD MCA66 Multizone Amp

Not a programmer either but I’d be happy to try out your version of the driver and see if I can help make any other tweaks to get it working well with the Lync system too!

The HTD App is a great tool to troubleshoot with. When I make a change at the Hubitat Driver level or on a Dashboard, I can see the changes reflected on the HTD App. This also happens the other way (i.e. changing on the HTD App and seeing changes on the Dashboard).

Hey - I used the plain old volume slider knob, and a separate button for on/off in my dashboard. You cannot change the volume when the device is muted, so it will only work when un-muted.

there's no notion of forward/back - this is only an amp.

Here's my dashboard, for reference:

I see, makes sense. I will try that as well. I will need to add something for selecting the source. Is the column on the left just for text labels?

Yes. You can probably extend the driver with some kind of enum for the input list. and then populate a drop down. i'll look into it at some point.

I'm on to my Denon AVR now - need multizone support.

1 Like

correct me if im wrong
If i have a russound ca4 and i use a htd with the serial bus maybe i can give a second life to my amp?

Not sure - I’m unfamiliar with that product. The hex codes for different amps are probably different, even if you’re using the same Ethernet to rs232 gateway.

This is awesome! I've owned my MC-66 for years before I purchased my HA and I've been waiting for someone to crack this open. This works for the MC version (without the built in Amp) also. I assume the MCA-66 and MC-66 are essentially the same. The MC version uses external amplifiers.

Nice Job!

1 Like

I see where you can manually control the zone inputs in the device settings (Parentdevice\Zonename\Select Input. It works. How can we get this into a dashboard tile? It almost seems like it could be developed as another child layer on each zone??

Correct, see above from @jmehlman where he maps out the plan to incorporate this.

I have the Russound MCA-C5. Interested to see if you can get the CA4 working.

I don't have one, so it would be challenging to develop and debug that. Sorry!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.