[RELEASE] HomeSeer HSM200 Multi-Sensor

You have read the specs, and know what it can/can't do. It's up to you to decide if it is worth it to you - no one is going to "sell you" on it.

1 Like

Haha! Is that so? Because I come here all the time and just make purchases based on some stranger’s opinion. I never knew that wasn’t the purpose of the community.

(It was humor. Clearly, I’m not ready to quit my day job huh)

:joy:

2 Likes

Oh...I ordered one of each already. So, I’ll be back to sell the next guy on one or the other.

1 Like

:slight_smile::+1:

It would be cool if the Dome DMEX1 was RGB, but I expect keeping it white is part of the reason it is so cheap (which is also attractive!).

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on it after you get it.

I want an RGB indicator, but I don't want to spend $60. For now I replaced one of my BR30 bulbs with an RGB Sengled bulb and am doing alarm status that way. Works, but is way more "red light" (even dimmed) than I really want when alarm is armed. Oh well.

2 Likes

My use case is a night light in the hallway outside my toddler’s bedroom. She just learned how to crawl out of her crib. $29 is perfect for that. But, I am going to try the $57 one in our other hallway and set up some status indicators.

I just don’t like adding status to my hub, because I find the hub is getting slower all the time with each firmware release.

FWIW - There's a video of the HSM200 sensor in action on YouTube. Just do a search for "Our Z-Wave Multisensor Can Change Color When Things Happen In Your Home!"

I tried posting the link but I'm not allowed to do that apparently.

4 Likes

for @HomeSeerMark you need to post more often (like when you have sales!!) :wink: :laughing:

link

3 Likes

I watched this video before I made my purchase. It helped convince me. Still a little on the pricey side. But, I've had good success with my floodlight sensors, fan switches, and dimmer switches so far.

I just wish I did not have to rely on community drivers to get the full functionality from all. But, thank heavens there's a strong Hubitat community with solid drivers!

Lol, I got shadowbanned from Reddit a couple years back for posting sales to the /homeautomation subreddit. Also, our hubs are basically competitors to HE so... it wouldn't be cool for me to post that kind of thing over here. However, our missions do overlap some so it makes sense to play nicely and respectfully when we can. Thanks again to Bryan for creating this new Hubitat driver!

2 Likes

hub maybe, not sensors. :wink:

HE would pretty useless without a few good sensors!

PS add humidity to the upcoming HSM300 (exist only in my head and dreams)

1 Like

Yes. Hsm300 - drop illuminance, add humidity, halve the price. :slight_smile:

Before I start, admitted, I may be using the device wrong. I added my HSM200 and wrote a simple rule to turn on the nightlight at sunset+offset. This morning, I manually turned off the light. After that, there was no LED response when it detected motion until I pressed the button on the side.

Is it either-or... you can manually control the light OR it can respond to motion? Not both (obviously, not at the same time. But, I would've expected it to report motion again once I programmatically turn it off without having to press the side button)?

TIA

You want it to turn on the light when it detects motion?

I'm still thinking through it. But, for now, I think I want the light on steady overnight (helps my toddler find her way to our door). Then, during daylight hours, it would be nice if the LED only responded to motion. That's not so important. More importantly, if I activate the light to indicate an event or status, I would like for it to return to being a motion sensor indicator without pressing the button once the situation clears.

My initial thoughts...

I'm still thinking through it. But, for now, I think I want the light on steady overnight (helps my toddler find her way to our door). Then, during daylight hours, it would be nice if the LED only responded to motion. That's not so important. More importantly, if I activate the light to indicate an event or status, I would like for it to return to being a motion sensor indicator without pressing the button once the situation clears.

My initial thoughts...

Sorry, I just tried to modify the post, because I realized the debugging was on, but you replied first, and it looks like I accidentally deleted it. Still having the no temperature reporting issue even though it is set to 1 minute.

Make sure to hit configure and save.. and if you have already.. hit it again.. it may have missed a packet..

Curiosity though.. Do you really want it every minute? ..

In the long run, I would likely not have it set to 1m. Right now I am trying to see how it responds to the temperature dropping from the window open. Planning to use this to assist with my T6 Thermostat setting for whole house temperature, since my T6 is on one side of the house.

I did click save, then configure, but no luck.

When I first plug it in, it reports degrees in C, then when I click configure, it moves to F, but doesn't report temperature just the illuminance.

1 Like