[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

I even tried this while running the Home app and my MBP on a completely separate network (my neighbors WiFi)... it was a little slow but it registered as expected.

I cannot imagine what is going on with your setup. Seems like something with HE and networking if both HB and Home have this issue.

Yeah I don't know, whatever it is it only impacts virtual devices. All my physical devices work fine I can control from both HB and Home, it's just the virtual stuff that doesn't work. Well I may have to abandon the virtual switch idea and do something else, thanks everyone for helping look into this.

That is slightly concerning because the cause is unknown. There might be other impacts that have not surfaced yet..

Yeah good point, I don't quite understand how all the different pieces work together but from what I can tell is HB is sending the command to HE just fine, HE is accepting the command and changing state but HB is not getting updated with status to reflect change.
Example:
Right now virtual switch in HB & HE shows 'off' I can go click the switch button in HB and that will flip it to 'On' in HE but in HB it stays off, I can go back into HE change it again to 'Off' and click it in HB again, and once again it will flip it to 'On' so HB is sending commands to HE just fine but no idea why HB is not updating with status after it changes it in HE, so weird.

In HB in the Hubitat Tonesto plugin settings to you have a "Direct IP" set?

I do not and I also do not have "Use Cloud Endpoint instead of local" set either.. but maybe adding "Direct IP" would help if you don't or removing it if you do.. dunno.

Maybe something to play around with... apologies if this was already suggested etc etc.

1 Like

Have you looked at the History Data and Device Debug section in tonesto7's app to see if this matches what you are seeing? If it doesn't, you can turn on detailed logging under App Preferences/App Settings to see what's happening.

1 Like

@sedinh1 , I was thinking about this problem and I’m pretty sure that it was the virtual switches that weren’t staying in sync when I tried using ciao instead of bonjour. Have you tried switching this yet?

So I am using ciao and it is working fine but I guess it depends on how their network is configured maybe? Also wonder why just the virtual switches?... so very strange.

1 Like

I think this may have happened before I replaced my Netgear router. I’m going to try switching one of my instances to ciao and see what happens. Ciao is supposed to be faster.
EDIT: I switched them both to Ciao and they appear to work fine. I had a lot of trouble with airprint as well with the Netgear setup. So glad I switched.

1 Like

@Ken_Fraleigh yes tried flipping back and forth and doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Sorry. I don’t know what could be causing it.

Homebridge 1.3.9 was just released. It probably won't help, but it wouldn't hurt to update and hope for the best.

Tried updating and didn’t make a difference.

Confirmed that it’s working with MakerAPI as expected so will be using that going forward.

1 Like

Glad you got it to work. I ran both for a little while when I was switching over.

I just installed HomeKit, Homebridge, and received my Hubitat in the mail. I have added Homebridge V2 to my Hubitat and installed the Homebridge Hubitat Tonesto7 verified plugin. On my Hubitat I have HSM setup for one sensor and can arm and disarm from HomeKit, turn on lights through HomeKit, etc.

When I set the Security System in HomeKit and manually trigger a contact sensor I don't get a Trigger Alarm Notification. If I open HomeKit I can see the alarm has been triggered. Does anyone else have this issue?

Welcome to the Hubitat Community! Did you enable "Activity Notifications" within your HSM device in HomeKit?

Yes I double checked that. In fact when I set HSM to Armed-Home or Disarm it sends me the notification. Just don't receive the triggered alerts.

I receive the following error:
[12/30/2021, 8:42:27 PM] [Hubitat-v2] [Device Event]: (Front Door) [CONTACT] is open
[12/30/2021, 8:42:27 PM] [homebridge-hubitat-tonesto7] This plugin generated a warning from the characteristic 'Security System Target State': characteristic was supplied illegal value: number 4 exceeded maximum of 3. See https://git.io/JtMGR for more info.
[12/30/2021, 8:42:27 PM] [Hubitat-v2] [Device Event]: (Hubitat) [ALARMSYSTEMSTATUS] is intrusion-home

Hub Version:2.2.9.146

Something is definitely going on with HSM... I'm not seeing the errors you are but it's not working on the HE side.
I'm also running v2.3.0 of the HE firmware.