[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

Yeah sigh... there are a lot of us here though so at least we are not alone. Still using android phones in our family though...

My wife had an Android once. Luckily she hated it and hasn't wanted another since. I kind of liked it because it was easier to modify and sort of open source, but with Samsung being the dominant player, well, you know.

1 Like

So I looked into this further and found that the issues I was seeing were being caused by a plugin I was using for a Neato vacuum. I had converted the plugin into a child instance and for some reason it wasn't loading properly. I removed the plugin deleted the child instance and am now able to update to HomeBridge v1.3.1-beta.8 with Ciao being used as the advertiser.

For those interested in the difference between the two mDNS advertisers I found this in the HomeBridge documentation.

Homebridge v1.3.0 ships with two mDNS Advertisers users can choose from.

Bonjour HAP

Bonjour HAP is the default and legacy advertiser, it is not as efficient in terms of system resource usage and network traffic when compared to the other options.

Ciao

Ciao is a RFC 6763 compliant dns-sd and advertising on multicast dns (RFC 6762) library developed by Homebridge.

For the majority of users, Ciao should provide the best experience, however in some network setups it does not work and Bonjour HAP should be used instead.

2 Likes

I know this is off topic but I hear you!!

It is remarkable how much simpler/more pleasant the iPad is over non-stock android tablets right now. Also the M1 is really nice - fast and very long battery life. Thought I'd hate the touchbar thanks to all the tech pundits but it is actually okay/useful.

One issue related to home automation though is you cannot configure Homekit without an IOS device. Learned this the hard way after taking delivery of the M1 which I thought would be enough. Ended up having to get yet another iPad since you can't do multi-user logins (!!!!) and did not want to reconfigure my wife's all the time.

For phones my wife is fine with her Pixel 4 fortunately - I feel the same way you do about the tech.

1 Like

Sorry i haven't made any progress on this...

I'm looking into supporting this right now

Try renaming the devices and see if that fixes it. Just add an ā€œsā€ or something to make them different.

1 Like

I've modified the Haiku driver so it uses components, and have a new version of hubitat homebridge with minimal changes to support FanControl. Will finish testing and submit a new PR soon.

Before you move forward check my v2.3.0 release from yesterday

1 Like

This fixed my Xiaomi Light Sensor issue and I can now add it to app. There is one warning that I am seeing in the Homebridge logs -

[2/25/2021, 7:23:15 am] [Hubitat-v2] GOOD: Devices to Create: (1) [ 'Entryway Lux Sensor' ]
[2/25/2021, 7:23:15 am] [Hubitat-v2] INFO: Added Device: (Entryway Lux Sensor | 514)
[2/25/2021, 7:23:15 am] [Hubitat-v2] ALERT: Total Initialization Time: (0 seconds)
[2/25/2021, 7:23:15 am] [Hubitat-v2] NOTICE: Unknown Capabilities: ["Initialize"]

Doesn't seem to impact anything but wanted to let you know. Thanks!

That is harmless. It just means that one of your devices has a capability that isn't used by HomeKit

1 Like

Please let me know how the new version works... It should make working with fans much better. Thanks @Gradenko for doing all your research and motivating me to actually fix the damn fans...

2 Likes

Someone has been very busy....

1 Like

I don't know if this is harmless as well. I am not having any issues that I know of, and this error is not new; I just keep forgetting to post.

Thanks...

v1.3.0 of homebridge really tightened the reigns on acceptable values.

I will get this corrected.

I've also wanted to look into adding support for HomeKit's Adaptive Lighting (From what i've read in the past it requires a lot of math and conversion of the Hue, Sat, ColorTemp to an Apple formatted HSV value)

Can you match that message to one of your bulbs in HE and find the ColorTemp for that device?
I'm curious what the value really is?

I was getting the same message on the MakerAPI version of the plug-in but after upgrading to the latest version, I am no longer seeing it. I could not track it down to the device that was generating it, but it seemed to get triggered after a lux reading from the Aeotec Multi-sensor 6. Just a guess though...

I can't see why not. I'll get back to you shortly.

BTW: I went into Homebridge settings to "single cached accessory" and discovered duplicates of 15 devices.

Then I went back to the Homebridge app in HE and deleted all of the devices that had duplicates while watching the Homebridge logs. Once the logs said they were removed, I went back into cached accessories and removed the duplicates that were still there. Then I re-added them from Hubitat. I thought that maybe it was caused by initially adding some devices in the wrong category, but some of the dups were lights.

EDIT: now I'm not seeing the error, but it's not the same instance of Homebridge that had the duplicate devices, so I'll keep watching for it.

I have to say that this was probably the EASIEST and most trouble-free app install and configuration I've done yet. Granted, I've gained experience in installing and configuring stuff via Hubitat and Homebridge over the past year, but this one worked like a charm on the FIRST ATTEMPT. I was able to move over all of my devices from Maker API a few at a time and everything just works!

Bravo! Thanks, @tonesto7 !

1 Like

Just checked it out. Works a treat. Thanks for that.