[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

I'm using two nest thermostats using the google-SDM driver and homebridge hubitat v 2.1.

The nests are configured in heat only for radiant heat. I am getting the following error:

[2/21/2021, 12:07:27 PM] [homebridge-hubitat-tonesto7] This plugin generated a warning from   the characteristic 'Target Fan State': characteristic was supplied illegal value: null! Home App will reject null for Apple defined characteristics See https://git.io/JtMGR for more info.
heatingSetpoint:  22
coolingSetpoint:  undefined

It still shows up in the Home app with an option to switch it to cool and shows a fan.

I'm unsure if this is an issue with the Google SDM driver or with this homebridge plugin.

Hi Installing homebridge V2 but ia am stuck in homebridge config edit.
i am copyning the platform config and paste it in homebridge config edit page and hit save but get error message. It says BRIDGE SETTING MISSING.

shouldn't everything been extracted from the Hubitat app?

You should have a "bridge" section like below:

"bridge": {
"name": "Homebridge",
"username": "--:--:--:--:--:--",
"port": 511XX,
"pin": "XXX-XX-XXX"
},

Are you missing that? The "platform" section should be after the "bridge" section.. maybe you are overwriting that when you copy/paste?

Yes im missing that, where do I get the data

GOT IT! Thanx

1 Like

Reduced 4 instances of homebridge into 1 with over 300 devices. This works well.

6 Likes

That looks great! Nice to hear it's working.

Good evening... How do I go about adding multiple hubs? I'm new to Homebridge... Just started messing with it today. I can easily add my main hub, but how to I add another local hub and potentially a remote one at another location?

Multiple platforms in your config file

@tonesto7 - I am unable to add a Xiaomi Light Sensor under either the "Sensors" category or the "Other" category. I get the following error message:

I can add an Aeotec Multisensor 6, just not the Xiaomi Light Sensor.
I have this app pointed to my test instance of HB (1.3.0) and I wanted to see if the "warning" that I was getting using the MakerAPI version was also present with this app.

Any idea on what I can do? Thanks

EDIT: I went to GitHub to create an issue but the GitHub link is for the plug-in and not the HE app, so did not add the issue there.

Did you create child bridges for each instance?

Yes. The issue is the listener I think. Each instance tries to grab port 8000 and one reports an error. I could be missing something of course.

You have both set to the same port? I have one one 8000 and one on 8010. I was about to add my second instance to the first config file when I saw your post.

1 Like

Oh very cool sorry for the confusion I thought we were stuck on port 8000 - I'll blame lack of coffee even though it's me (per usual).. I restored my original deleted post and deleted my incorrect correction... :crazy_face:

1 Like

I get it. I didn’t think even 2 seperate instances could work on the same port.

This is actually the best part. No more crashing the whole bridge when Nest or MyQ doesn’t behave.

1 Like

I agree this is a very cool new feature in HB!

So this may be a really obvious question - where do I set the port# in the HE app? I have 2 HE hubs and an instance of HBv2 running on both. I am trying to leave one on 8000 and the other on 8010 like you have it. Do I just set it in the HB config?

Also was getting this warning:

[2/22/2021, 9:19:41 AM] The dynamic platform Hubitat-v2 from the plugin homebridge-hubitat-tonesto7 seems to be configured multiple times in your config.json. This behaviour was deprecated in homebridge v1.0.0 and will be removed in v2.0.0!

Yes

1 Like

Okay good that's that I thought thanks. Am testing now.

1 Like

I’ll check back after some sleep and see how it went.

1 Like