[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

Ah ok, that link makes it sound like it will work. I just don't want to go through the trouble of setting this all up if this core use case won't work....

1 Like

What is your TV? Maybe that can be interfaced instead? Just looking for possible workarounds.

Knowing my wife will NEVER use the HE UI, having as many ways to control devices as possible makes her happy. Alexa, Apple Watch, Home app on her iPhone, Pico buttons, etc has made her accept my expensive habit. So providing the ability for her to say Siri turn on X made it worth setting up HomeBridge.

To be candid, my setup effort involved adding a new container on my NAS which took no time at all. To others this may mean purchasing a RPi or other hardware and more time. Time == money so to each their own on its worth. To me totally worth it and also the impression factor to my friends and neighbors of turning on our outdoor string lights while sitting by the firepit via Siri is an added bonus. :rofl:

Helping my neighbor with it - he's got a 2015 Samsung that doesn't look like it can be integrated (AES encryption).. looking for a way to make it work without him having to get a new TV

edit: I know nothing about this but came across it while looking up the AppleTV stuff..

1 Like

Have you tried this driver? Know off a year but might be worth testing:

1 Like

Yes, I tried it. Didn't work. Thanks tho.

1 Like

My experience too.. I have yet to find a homebridge plugin that controls the AppleTV reliably. I'm hoping that In the new TVos/Homekit that they put the hooks in to control it from HomeKit.

Or maybe "Matter" compliant...

I've got Homebridge v2 plugin v2.5.11 running on my Hubitat, and Homebridge seems to be communicating with it, but I'm getting the errors "[Hubitat-v2] getDevices Connection failure | Message: Request failed with status code 404" and "[Hubitat-v2] sendUpdateStatus Connection failure: Message: read ECONNRESET". What have I not got configured right? Thanks!

The plugin is not able to communicate with the Hubitat app. Make sure your plugin configuration is correct

So I need to install the Hubitat app on a mobile device? Or are you talking about communication between the plugin and the host application on the Hubitat hub itself?

no the homebridge app that you installed under Hubitat UI

I see the problem, I had AppID as "5" in the configuration on the Homebridge instance rather than "15" as shown in the generated config file in the Hubitat app. It's working now!

1 Like

Same issue for me. How did you resolve this 'plugin' update error? I've tried rebooting Hubitat and Homebridge devices, no luck.

How do I get rid of the error in Hubitat saying the homebridge plugin needs to be updated?

You have to update the plugin from the Homebridge server itself, not within Hubitat. My Homebridge setup has been running so well that I forgot about the server piece.

My homebridge is running on Hoobs, the plugin does not appear ready to be updated. Will just ignore this for now I guess

Can someone confirm that I have to install this and then install the UI part in some other device like Raspberry Pi?

Is it required to have a companion piece run on another device besides Hubitat?