[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

Hi All
Thanks for the responses.
I can see Device types of Lights, Garage Doors, Speakers, Window Shades, Fans, Thermostats, Sensors, Swirches and Others. (No Outlets)
I have tried selecting as switches and others they don't appear in HomeBridge.

The Device has capabilities similar to a dimmable light and is of type "Generic Z-WAVE smart dimmer". So Lights seems the logical choice.
It also seems to work on all the other identical devices.

Just not these 3.

I have checked if HE has these devices defined any differently to the ones that work and I can't see anything obvious. All the devices work under HE and the ones that make it to Homebridge also work fine.

Something is stopping these specific devices from being defined for Homebridge use.
I'm not sure what it is.

Have you tried rebooting your Homebridge server? If that doesn’t work, try rebooting your Home Hub and Hubitat. I’ve had this happen before for no apparent reason but can’t remember which one fixed it for me. Come to think of it; I think just leaving the device selected and giving it a day to think about it fixed it last time.

Thanks Ken
I'll try this tomorrow

1 Like

Just brought another hub, so one will be for zigbee and the other for z-wave. What's the best way to get these devices into homebridge using the plugin. I tried setting up another platform but the second moaned about a port error, then lost all my homekit setup :rofl:

You can do one of a few things, of which I've listed two below:

1. Use Hub Mesh to share devices to the Hubitat running Homebridge Hubitat v2.0, and share them from there to Homebridge.

2. If you are using Homebridge on the RPi (and not HOOBS), then you can use hb-service to start multiple instances of Homebridge. I run two - one on port 8581 (the default), and the other on 8582. Here are the instructions on how to do that:

2 Likes

I'm not sure I understand.. you are having trouble adding multiple hub's devices to an instance of homebridge? If this plugin doesn't work you could always try @dan.t's maker api one..

I am using @tonesto7's one but have an old C-4 hub dedicated to Network and Cloud apps (no Z-Wave/Zigbee) and am using HubMesh to expose the devices I want to homebridge.

I think hub mesh is the way to go for me

2 Likes

Ken
Tried your suggestions. No Luck.

Please note I checked the Homebridge Hubitat device configs and they are not created for the devices that don't make it to Homebrdige.

So something is stopping the device config creation for those devices and may be the reason they never make it to Homebridge.

The logs from Homebridge Hubitat show:

• Subscribed to (9 Physical Devices)
  • Subscribed to (4 Location Modes)
  • Subscribed to (HSM AlarmSystem)
  • Starting Device Subscription Process...

I have 8 Lights Selected, 4 Modes and HSM.

Is there an Issue in the discrepancy between the 9 Physical devices
and the actual 8 Lights I have selected? Or Is HSM one of the physical Devices so no discrepancy.

Regards

Dominic

HSM is included as a physical device.

This may be a related.

1 Like

Thank You Vettester for the responses.
The device that do make it to Homebridge work fine for me too.

With the latest release you can add multiple platforms within the same instance of HB.

2 Likes

That is a very cool feature thanks for the heads up!!!! I guess now we can have multiple different instances various plugins like HE, Ring etc... Also looks like for the Hue folks some nice non-blocking goodness.

Overview

This preview feature allows any Homebridge platform or accessory to optionally run as its own independent accessory, separate from the main bridge, and in an isolated process. There are several reasons / benefits from doing this:

• Isolate plugin code from the main bridge - in this mode the plugin will run in its own child process, preventing it from ever crashing the main bridge if a fatal exception occurs.
  • If the plugin process does crash, Homebridge will automatically restart it, without impacting the main bridge or other plugins.
  • The plugin is protected from dependency polution caused by other plugins (rarely happens).
  • Isolate slow plugins, preventing them from slowing down the main bridge or other plugins - HomeKit requests the status of all the accessories on a single bridge when the Home app is opened, as a result the response time is only as fast as your slowest plugin. Loading your accessory / platform as a separate bridge will allow HomeKit to make concurrent requests.
  • Easily work around the 149 accessory limitation of a bridge without having to run multiple instances.
  • Run multiple instances of platform-based plugins (for example, connecting two different Ring accounts using the homebridge-ring plugin).
  • Prevent static platform plugins from blocking the main bridge or other plugins while it initialises (for example, homebridge-hue while it is trying to discover the Hue/Deconz bridge)
  • Gain all the benefits of running multiple instances of Homebridge without the management overhead.

This will work with all existing plugins without requiring any code changes.

1 Like

I'm running it now on 2 different hubs. I had to use "direct_port" on each of my configs to get it working correctly e.g. zigbee hub 8010 & z-wave hub 8020.

1 Like

I'm using two nest thermostats using the google-SDM driver and homebridge hubitat v 2.1.

The nests are configured in heat only for radiant heat. I am getting the following error:

[2/21/2021, 12:07:27 PM] [homebridge-hubitat-tonesto7] This plugin generated a warning from   the characteristic 'Target Fan State': characteristic was supplied illegal value: null! Home App will reject null for Apple defined characteristics See https://git.io/JtMGR for more info.
heatingSetpoint:  22
coolingSetpoint:  undefined

It still shows up in the Home app with an option to switch it to cool and shows a fan.

I'm unsure if this is an issue with the Google SDM driver or with this homebridge plugin.

Hi Installing homebridge V2 but ia am stuck in homebridge config edit.
i am copyning the platform config and paste it in homebridge config edit page and hit save but get error message. It says BRIDGE SETTING MISSING.

shouldn't everything been extracted from the Hubitat app?

You should have a "bridge" section like below:

"bridge": {
"name": "Homebridge",
"username": "--:--:--:--:--:--",
"port": 511XX,
"pin": "XXX-XX-XXX"
},

Are you missing that? The "platform" section should be after the "bridge" section.. maybe you are overwriting that when you copy/paste?

Yes im missing that, where do I get the data

GOT IT! Thanx

1 Like

Reduced 4 instances of homebridge into 1 with over 300 devices. This works well.

6 Likes