[RELEASE] Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB)

I don't have any connected window shades, so I created a virtual window shade on HE, and shared it to HA using the HE > HA integration.

I then installed HADB 2.2 on my secondary hub (which didn't previously have it installed) and selected the Generic Component Window Shade device in the list on HADB. Once I clicked done in the HADB app, it created the HADB driver parent as expected and then when I toggled the virtual window shade on HA, it created it the Generic Component device an Hubitat.

Seems to be working fine. I can control the virtual shade from either side and see the change happen on both sides.

HADB Shade demo

From magnus.s logs and descriptions they seem to be having the exact same issue I had on 2.0+.

I probably won’t have time until the weekend to try rolling forward again though. If they’ve fully deleted and reinstalled the integration and still having an issue I guess they could try 0.1.63 in the meantime as I did (link to the commit tag in a post above).

The only other suggestion I have for Magnus is, months ago I had a problem with blinds/shades/curtains being picked up by a driver in HE.
I had to make sure HA presented them all as shades (but that did show as an error in the debug that it could not find a driver for a blind/curtain, whereas you have the intializing and then closing connection only debug that I got on 2.0+).

1 Like

Thank you @SmartHomePrimer for your extensive help, guidance and patients with this issue! I'll follow the steps you've outlined and stick to those.

Thank you also @ymerj for your assistance in this matter.

1 Like

@magnus.s I strongly suggest not to temper with HA entities as this will exacerbate any issue you might enconter. To ensure an efficient troubleshooting, please follow @SmartHomePrimer detailed instructions. Keep in mind that trying other steps on you own will only make our support more difficult and could certainly impede the resolution of you issue.

Also I will only debug the current version. Using an old version can cause unforseen problems. As an exemple, older version did not support covers except for garage doors and shades. All other kind were ignored.

2 Likes

Thanks @ymerj . I'll probably end up buying a new curtain motor to replace the one I tried to remove rather than trying to fix the mess I unintentionally created :smile:

I raised this with the Hubitat crew, if you are interested, the topic is over here:

Yes, I saw it. Will wait for them to fix the dashboard tile. For the moment I only let through the modes supported by the tile.

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you. :pray:

@ymerj Does HADB support networked amplifiers?

The Hubitat Denon integration is broken for mine, so I thought I’d try via HADB, but my amp doesn’t appear in the device list.

Sorry but this would require quite an investment in time for a uncertain result.

2 Likes

No worries, I just wanted to see if I was doing something wrong.

If it’s just toggle type actions, you can just use HA Toggle Helpers with HA automation to achieve what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Hi,

Again, thank you for providing the detailed instructions on how to re-install the HADB above.

I am sorry to trouble you again but when I want to use the HE Package Manager to install HADB, I am not allowed to install. The HADB is not clickable. Led by the checked checkbox I assume HE Package Manager thinks HADB is still installed?

I followed your list and here his is what I have done so far:

• Step 1 - Delete the installed app on HE , OK

• Step 2 - Delete the installed device driver on HE , The installed device drivers were removed automatically when the app was removed. I could not find any remaining devices to remove.

• Step 3 - Delete the app code from HE , OK

• Step 4 - Delete the driver code from HE , OK

• Step 5 - Using Hubitat Package Manager, reinstall the HADB app and driver code , Home Assistant Device Bridge is not clickable.

I noticed that the HE-HA Control Package was still in the list of available packages, so I checked that and ran the HE Package Manager Uninstall. This failed unfortunately.

N.B. There are no Devices, Apps Code, Drivers Code, Libraries code or bundles called HE-HA Controll, other than it is mentioned in the Package Manager. No devices has a driver called 'Generic component XXX' and no generic component drivers are existing in the drivers code section

Any thoughts?

The check means that the package it already on your system. I think because you didn't uninstall from HPM until after you manually deleted the App and that's fine, it's what I told you to do.

To reinstall HADB, choose Repair, rather than Install.

Now you can see even though HPM has installed the packages on my hub, the User App isn't yet installed. I have to click the Add User App button.

Next, click Home Assistant Device Bridge

As soon as you click Home Assistant Device Bridge, the default app screen will appear. Enter your Home Assistant IP address and Long-Lived Access Token (you don't have to recreate one on HA if you already have it from before, but if you deleted it and forgot how to create it, it's in the first post. Press Discover and select devices to choose the devices to import from HA, and then click Done

Go to Home Assistant and actuate the devices you selected for import. This will cause the generic component device to imediately appear in your list of devices on Hubitat, and you should be able to control your curtain motor from Hubitat and see its status in the driver on Hubitat.

4 Likes

@SmartHomePrimer I just had to do a full restore on my Home Assistant due to cache drive failure on my unraid. I am in the process of reconnecting everything.

When I check the HADB app in Hubitat it is showing only one device "Toggle All On/Off"

I am guessing I have to create a new long lived token and using that but wanted to check here before I do anything. Thanks.

1 Like

Correct

Thanks. I noticed that it doesn't restore all of the selected devices in the app. I went through and checked all of the devices and it appears to be updating the previously used devices.

Thank you for your tutorial on how to solve this issue. I am very grateful and It worked very well.

An unfortunate snag was that all things I checked in HADB got imported to HE as devices, except the acutal curtain motors. This is consistant with all four motors. I.e. all checked attributes are there, but not the motor device it self. As the motor device is the device used to run the motors, this is inconvinient.

Selected in HADB

But missing in the app

I have triggered the motors using the HA control panel, operated them from the entity properties page as well as run them manually with the button on the respective physical device. No cigarr.

Setting them up manually is not an option as I understand it. Can there be a delay in the devices apprearing in HE?

Enable debug logging in the parent driver then open/close your curtain from HA. Post or PM me the logs.

1 Like

Sent. Thank you for looking at the log file.