[RELEASE] Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB)

Hi Ymer,

If you are refering to the Hubitat update I am not sure to be honest. It took a long while in the "installing... ...please wait" bit and after some time, before it had finsihed, I navigated to another page and then navigated back to the update or I may have pressed refresh. On return the updated gave the impression of having finished stating the new version. I am not sure if I pressed Done at that point? There is no option to install anything now. Did I mess it up?

Thanks, I checked now based on your suggestion but the IP for Homeassistant and port appears the be correct.

Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. There is a token there at least. Do you thin I need to renew it in some way?

I enabled Debug loging and it looks like something recieved a request regarding the curtain motors.

Are the lines above a request from Hubitat to HA to run the curtain motor or from HA to Hubitat to run the curtain motor?

Event log has not changed at all it seems since this morning.

Updated Log file

No I was refering to the HADB version. (2.X)

All those messages around 11:42 were requests from your child device in Hubitat. But I don't see response from HA.

From the image you posted I can see your connection was up for 20 minutes this mornig at around 9:07. Later did you repeatedly hit Initialise in the driver or update the app because there is no error reported?

It is not clear if your saying your Aqara device is working or not

@SmartHomePrimer Are you able to please extend the supported attributes for the "Generic Thermostat"?

I have a "Mini-Split" AC and the Sensibo App/Driver for Hubitat is a bit of a kludge compared to the very reliable HA driver.

However I noticed that when I brought my AC into Hubitat via your excellent HA Bridge Software, it's missing some key supported modes and functions.

HA:

Hubitat:
To summarise, it's missing:

Cheers Derek

I own the OP, but @ymerj and @tomw have created this incredibly useful code. If it can be done, @ymerj is the one that can answer such a request.

1 Like

Ah right, sorry for the misattribution chaps.:man_facepalming:

Ah, okey. I am pretty sure I did press the Done button after updating HADB.

The Aqara curtain motors are working both manually using the physical button on the devices as well as from within Home Assistant. The problem seems to be that Hubitat and HA is not communicating.

As far as I can see I am guessing this is some sort of MQTT issue as the devices work fine in HA and HADB seems to work fine as well. I am looking in HA communities to try and persue the issue there.

The thermostat device in HE and the climate entity in HA dont match. What I did is trying to approximate the capabilities for both.

It might be possible to try another approch but it would require lots of testing from different type of thermostats. I don't have any thermostat on HA, therefore I'm not able to test anything myself. This simple fact would makes refactoring the climate entity a quite combersome and lenghtly process.

So whithout the needs and willingness of at least a few, it won't be reasonably feasable.

3 Likes

I think this is likely the problem. If the device works ok in HA then HADB should work fine too. So you have to focus on the cause of miscommunications between HA and HE. This point to a network issue.

Is your Hubitat or Home Assistant using a wifi connection?

I’m more than happy to test new drivers for you, I’m not using this device in production yet, so I don’t mind if it breaks.

Both use a wired connection to the router.

Can I confirm that the two states for the Connection value in the main device are open and reconnecting? I want to track when my home assistant is down. Thanks.

Looks like there are three possible states for the custom "Connection" attribute.

• Open
  • Closed
  • Reconnecting

Thanks, and thanks for the tip for looking for these things. I don't see the Closed showing up in the wild but I assume that this occurs when you manually click the close button - which I have never done. It seems that if Home Assistant goes down it brings up the Reconnecting status - which is what I will look for. Or perhaps look for "not Open" just in case.

1 Like

Between this statement and the previous post, I'm confused if your HADB integration is talking to Home Assistant properly. Note that HADB doesn't use or need MQTT.

My suggestion if you’re uncertain, would be to set aside the functioning of the curtain motors for now and just test basic connection between HADB and Home Assistant. If you create a Toggle Helper on Home Assistant and then bring it into Hubitat via HADB, can you control it from Hubitat?

2 Likes

I have a fork of the Sensibo App and Driver on my GitHub page - it's a barely working port of a SmartThings integration and may be helpful (Im not a Dev and have brute forced fan speed support etc into it).

I recommend you ignore all the "climate react" stuff - It's Sensibo's "smart feature" for ppl without home automation systems. I'd also ignore battery and voltage, the OG Sensibo controllers didnt run from Mains power.

metadata {
	definition (name: "SensiboPod", namespace: "joyfulhouse", author: "Bryan Li", oauth: false) {
		capability "Relative Humidity Measurement"
		capability "Temperature Measurement"
		capability "Polling"
        capability "Refresh"
        capability "Switch"
        capability "Thermostat"
        capability "Battery"
        capability "Actuator"
        capability "Sensor"
        capability "Health Check"
        capability "Power Source"
        capability "Voltage Measurement"

attribute "swing", "String"
        attribute "temperatureUnit","String"
        attribute "productModel","String"
        attribute "firmwareVersion","String"
        attribute "Climate","String"
		attribute "targetTemperature","Double"
        attribute "statusText","String"
        attribute "currentmode","String"
        attribute "fanLevel","String"
        attribute "on","String"   // Added by request of NateG

command "setAll"
        command "switchFanLevel"
        command "switchMode"
        command "raiseCoolSetpoint"
        command "lowerCoolSetpoint"
        command "raiseHeatSetpoint"
        command "lowerHeatSetpoint" 
        command "voltage"
        command "raiseTemperature"
        command "lowerTemperature"
        command "switchSwing"
        command "modeSwing", [
            [
                name:"Swing Mode", type: "ENUM", description: "Pick an option", constraints: [
                    "fixedTop",
                    "fixedMiddleTop",
                    "fixedMiddle",
                    "fixedMiddleBottom",
                    "fixedBottom",
                    "rangeTop",
                    "rangeMiddle",
                    "rangeBottom",
                    "rangeFull",
                    "horizontal",
                    "both",
                    "stopped"
                ] 
            ]
        ]
        command "setThermostatMode"
        command "modeHeat"
        command "modeCool"
        command "modeDry"
        command "modeFan"
        command "modeAuto"
        command "lowfan"
        command "mediumlowfan"
        command "mediumfan"
        command "mediumhighfan"
        command "highfan"
        command "quietfan"
        command "strongfan"
        command "autofan"
        command "fullswing"
        command "setAirConditionerMode"
        command "toggleClimateReact"
        command "setClimateReact"
        command "configureClimateReact"
	}

Ok, I guess you want it bad enough. I'll look into it and I'll have something for you to try in the coming days.

2 Likes

Hehe, yep. :rofl:

Thank you, I really appreciate it. :vulcan_salute: