[Release] Heatmiser Neostat / Neoplug Integration

Yes, a fun project! Daunting but fun - I hope. I believe the house is super insulated. Its amazing how in freezing temperatures the ASHP still generates plenty of heat.

1 Like

Hi, I've just got wise to this thread and was using IFTTT to turn my heating to away when in HE is in away mode. Also my doors or windows are opened, the heating also goes into away mode. Unfortunately, when heatmiser returns to home mode, it reverts to the last timed temperature preset rather than the last known temperature. So eg, if the heating is set to 21 degrees for the day and I manually turn up or down. Then if a door is opened, heatmiser goes away, if the door closes, heatmiser returns to home but reverts back to its original 21 degrees. Is there a way around this with your knowledge.

Entering and exiting from away mode will always reset the temperature to the schedule temperature as far as I know. Your have to add that logic on top yourself. Changes can persist either for a chosen period of time, or until the next scheduled change and you can pick between them.

If you wanted to keep things simple then you can always put the heating into a single temperature 'dumb' mode and do all of the control via Hubitat.

Currently thermostat control via the devices page is fairly awkward, and I've wanted to change that for ages, but for me this now does everything I need, especially given how it looks with Google home and rule machine.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for this information, it's very useful and certainly gives me something to think about. I'm fairly new to HE and am finding my way. Apologies if there are more questions to follow :ok_hand:

Hi guys, apologies for my inexperience. How do I find my MAC address and IP address of my hub. I can't see it on the hub and I've searched my heatmiser settings and can't see it there. I know missing a trick :+1:

Easiest option is looking in your router, you should find a list of connected devices there, and I recommend giving it a fixed/static IP address at the same time (Hubitat works better with a fixed IP address too)

Hi, sorry I've been some time. Ive been committed in work and with family. However I managed to get this working just now and initial thought are WOW! Great piece of kit. Just need to work out how things operate! Thank you :grin::+1:

1 Like

Hey guys, out of curiosity, I was wondering what sort of rules you have created using this heatmiser app. Cam you give some examples to get my creative thinking moving. Thanks in advance for your ongoing support :+1:

Can do all sorts, the main ones I have are holiday modes that are easy to setup, easy press boost buttons for a bit of extra heat, and home/away sync so the heating is off based on certain location sensors... Probably tons more but I've not invested the time to do more yet

Cheers for this, appreciated :+1::+1:

Hi there. I have started to have a play around and was wondering if you can help please @cjcharles. I'm just testing things before I write proper rules. However see the two images where I've tested boosting my hot water by 2 hours and also by using the one hour command. Neither seem to work. However if I boost using Heatmiser, the ELSE part of the rule does turn the boost off as expected. For the 2 hour, I've used numbers and integers but neither seem to work with or without a decimal. Any help would be appreciated...Stu

Sorry Im totally snowed under at the moment so dont have much time to look at this, Can you try with a thermostat as I know a HW stat responds a bit differently to a regular stat.

Do you know if we Can use the Hubitat Thermostat Controller & Thermostat Scheduler with the neo stats?

Struggling to get the controller working and dont want to waste more time if they are not compatible

I have to say I havent tested that at all, but I dont see why not since they should support all the standard thermostat commands. If you can perhaps include some of the logs when you expect something to have happened then I can have a better idea what is broken. I would look myself but Im totally overrun with work at the moment.

Thanks for the reply ill give it another go​:+1: its normally user error with me :grinning:

It may not be! There are loads of advanced features I don't use so have never tested, if you give me some steps to reproduce I can probably take a look

Not likely to happen soon as work has just gone mental......

But when i do get some time ill post whats happening :+1:

I have it set up so if we leave the house the heating goes to standby
if the utility humidity rises turn the heating on and dehumidifier
If we have a shower the hot water, towel rads and that rooms ufh comes on
If the velux windows are open put the heating to standby and back on when they shut
If the patio doors stay open put the lounge heating to standby
If the utility door stays open pause the heating/ dehumidifier till the door remains closed
When we are at work the hot water & towel rads come on 20 mins before we get up and it turns the heating on 1 hour before we get in i use the Gcal app to get this working
Im sure i have more but thats all i can think of atm

Not sure what info u need but this is a screen shot of the controller app

The controller shows that its heating but that is not being shown on the stat

That shows the temperature is higher than the setpoint, and hence the heat/thermostat should be OFF? Also the screenshot seems to show frost mode? That used to be a feature of the Neostats, but Heatmiser mostly removed it so Im not sure where it is used any more, could it be in frost mode (in which case set points dont have an effect)?

The bit that would be useful is looking at live logging for the thermostat at the point the thermostat controller tells the thermostat what to do. That way we will know if it is calling:

• A function that doesnt work or doesnt exist
  • A function that expects a BIG_INT v.s. FLOAT v.s INTEGER....etc
  • A function that Heatmiser no longer use (e.g. the command is sent to thermostat but no response is received about setting that command)