[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

assuming he's going to http://192.168.0.202/hub/fileManager (replace IP with your hub) and uploading any images you want to use. Then, you can right-click on the files to get the full URL and use that in the app. Only problem is they won't be available offline but the app will cache them so that shouldn't be an issue as long as it's been downloaded.

On a related note, I think I'm going to add a TODO item to allow you to browse images stored on your hub. That would make it pretty easy to self-host your own images and not have to mess with entering any URL's..

5 Likes

@jpage4500- is there currently any way to custom sort within a folder?

The folder contents are all manual sorted.. by default they appear in order of the items you added to them but you can drag and drop to re-arrange.

1 Like

I don't know what is happening, but this is happening every minute or two and generating hundreds of log entries.

I thought that my video feeds were generating this, so I removed them.

I removed every device from the app and get this. Still generating a bunch of log entries...

Don't have the app, but it looks like either you have the debug option set on, or the developer left some debugging code active. First thing to check is to make sure you have all debugging turned off; if that doesn't fix it (or if there isn't an option), your options are to wait for the developer to fix the code, or if you're comfortable dealing with code, search the code for log.debug and comment them out yourself (// in front of the line of code).

I do have logging turned on in the app. Certainly I can turn it off. But is the app spamming my network or is this typical of all apps?

Debug messages are generally only needed during the app development or if there is an issue that the developer needs more information on from the app. Doesn't appear that they are adding a tremendous amount of overhead, but they are adding some and my general tendency is to reduce as much as possible.

1 Like

The 'app' doing the logging here is MakerAPI

I already replied about this here: [RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard - #1758 by jpage4500

I guess I misunderstood that reply. Sorry.

I actually just thought of something.. are you in cloud mode? When you're on the same network the app doesn't need to poll for device changes. But, in cloud mode it does refresh every 2 seconds (only while the app is active)

version 1.0.1019 (beta)

• add pollen device tile for 3 or 5 day pollen forecast
  • fix app running on Android/Fire TV - better remote control support
  • prevent BACK folder from being renamed
  • add option to prompt instead of toggle widgets

My son has pretty bad grass allergies and I wanted a way to view the upcoming pollen count on my dashboards. There is a Hubitat app that does this but it just fetched the 3 day forecast from pollen.com. For this tile though I decided to fetch the data myself. I did notice that the API call to pollen.com doesn't always work the first time.. but, the app will try again in 10 seconds until it goes through so be patient!

Add this tile through the Edit -> Add Device menu in the app

image -

I also spent some time fixing the UI for remote controls (Android/Fire TV). I still need to re-submit to the stores so it shows up again for these TV devices.

The last major change is adding a new 'prompt' checkbox for widgets. When enabled, if you click on the widget I'm showing a dialog with both on and off choices.

NOTE: this last one is still needs some UI work... I'd like to show the same dialog in the app as well -- replacing the "Do you want to ?"

2 Likes

sorry this is so late but it should be fixed in the latest beta version

I tried to address this with the latest version.. basically, configure the widget to 'prompt to toggle'. When you click on it it'll show a dialog with both lock and unlock options instead of just toggling the opposite state.

Note this is still a WIP but I wanted to mention it before I forget

1 Like

I had a firmware update to my Orbi router. When it restarted, it gave my hubitat a new IP. The Hubitat Dashboard app no longer works now. It says it is unable to connect to the server, When I try to Fetch the Token, I'm getting a "Cloud Token not Found" error. Coincidently, I just updated the app to the new version available in the play store.

@kchurchill, Go into your routers admin program and set a DHCP reservation for your Hubitat (you can probably use the old IP address). You'll need its MAC address which I think is on a sticker on the bottom of it. This way it will always get the same IP address (what you assign in the reservation).

1 Like

I am slowly building up and adding to my dashboard and liking your app overall. I do have a few comments/suggestions for discussion or possible future releases.

1. Allow an image to be used on a webview button.
    a. Instead of having a preview of the webpage, it would be nice to be able to set an image/icon as sometimes a preview is not aesthetically pleasing
  2. Allow multivalue sensor tiles to be larger (taller)
    a. Perhaps allow all tiles to be larger ?
  3. If possible, it would be good to be able to cancel an HSM alert via the app and also view the alert (i.e. smoke, water etc.)
  4. Enable prompting for switch change in app (not just widgets) or add a PIN (pr. device)
  5. Enable use of Own weatherstation instead of OpenWeathermap virtual devices as Weather provider. Also enable bigger weather tile size with customizable fields.
  6. Enable a way to change the weatherwidget.io URL if entered incorrectly.

The easiest way today is just to backup your settings, logout and login again and restore your settings. But, I really need to add a way to view and change the local IP address from the app. I login and out so much for testing that I'm just used to starting from scratch all the time.

I already want to revamp the cloud dialog and I'll try to work on both of these things next. For the cloud dialog I want to offer a way to manually enable cloud mode in addition to the auto detect based on WIFI AP

1 Like

I also think it's a good idea to give the hub a fixed IP address.. not just for this app but so you can access it from a PC.

I also have an Orbi and you can assign it an IP address in Advanced->Setup->LAN Setup and click on 'add' button