[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Yes definitely a good option. And the ability to cast to a sonos or a google / echo speaker if possible

Is there an option to allow a tile to indicate that stays of multiple devices and go into it.
Example. Have one tile with an open doors icon but as soon as I tap to see what doors are open, it shows me all door sensors.
Also you need a lock option as others can easily amend tiles
Screensaver also does not work even when using fully kiosk

A view-only option (or ability to selectively lock tiles with a PIN) is on my wish list as well.

Here's an idea I don't recall being mentioned before... to minimize screen on time it would be handy if that could be controlled by an input to your app, @jpage4500. Then we could use motion/presence to have the screen on only when there's someone to see it.

1 Like

I've got this on my TODO list.. It's already there for the Hubitat Security Monitor (HSM) and Mode tiles. Rather than make it an option for individual tiles though I'd probably make it a global option to lock the UI

1 Like

That's in the TODO list too.. allowing a device (ie: motion sensor -> active) to show the screen. It would require keeping the app running all time time though vs only when the screen is on (needed to receive updates from the hub).

1 Like

From my point of view, I'd prefer allowing it on individual tiles if that were possible ( an option for tiles to act the same as the way HSM works). But that's me... I guess I can instead set up a warning audio file to play when I've inadvertently changed a tile that should just be changed by an app (and not my fat fingering). I'm not concerned with someone playing with the device, just inadvertently changing something that (unlike a light bulb) might not immediately be obvious-- like a tile that alerts me to the fact that I've left my aquarium pumps turned off for more than the normal feeding time.

Very impressed with this.

A couple of bugs and some feature requests:

1. When editing in a folder, you can now add items, but they're still created at the top level and have to be dragged into the folder you want.

2. When viewing in a folder, if you have autorotate on and rotate the screen, it refreshes at the top level rather than the folder you're in.

Feature requests:

1. The ability to designate a device to watch that will force the config file to be reloaded when an attribute changes. That way an updated config can be loaded to all tablets then triggered remotely without wandering around the house doing it manually. Also the config can be restored overnight from a rule on the hub in case people have been fiddling with the layout.

2. A "live" mode that hides all editing features.

Dashboards seem to be used in two ways, either as overall control panels used for monitoring by people who know what they're doing, or as a simple interface for people who just want to turn things on and off and set scenes. I have someone in the house who is very uncomfortable speaking to voice assistants but is delighted by the dashboard.

But I'd rather they didn't see the editing interface.

In particular it would be nice if spacer tiles did nothing at all if you're not in edit mode.

Thanks as always.

1 Like

Fully kiosks supposed to do that but all screen savers halt when the dash is on.
Still troubleshooting .

I agree with the live as my son tried pressing buttons and manage to change settings

version 1.0.828 (beta)

• allow adding devices directly to folder
  • keep folder displayed after device rotation
  • fix showing all apps for 'shortcut device' on Android 11
  • display animation

both of these should be fixed

2 Likes

How do you turn off the animation with the tiles running up the screen?

1 Like

I've rolled back to 819 to get rid of the animation. I'm afraid it doesn't work for me. It's uncomfortable to watch in a way that I can't pin down, and slows down use of the dashboard.

There seems to be a bug which sometimes makes it run twice as well.

This, of course, is the whole point of us doing this beta testing. Some things work for some people and not for others.

Agree with this as well. I wouldn't mind the option for animated icons (like ActionTile's animated spinning fan and active motion icons ) but when viewing folders the waterfall effect makes it seem like you're using a ten year old tablet.

version 1.0.832 (beta)

• add setting to lock edit mode with a PIN
  • start on implementing MusicPlayer device support

You can now lock edit mode, requiring a PIN to move/delete/edit device tiles. You can still make some display option changes which are outside of the 'edit' mode (ie: tile size, sort order). I'm thinking about an additional option in the future for preventing any actions from being sent to the HE hub as well.. kind of a view-only mode.

I also started working on supporting "MusicPlayer" devices.. the only 1 I know of though is Alexa Speaks which I don't have so I haven't done any testing.. meaning, it'll still need some work and testing to support all of the various states.

MusicPlayer notes:

• I'm guessing album artwork isn't going to be available most times so I need an alternative UI for when it's not

The only thing I would want to see in a music player is the ability to list the track that is playing, though that it not that helpful most of the time.
The music functionality that is currently in place (that I use for Chromecast devices) works really well.

Maybe it looks different on older devices but I think it looks pretty good. I'm not switching between folders on a regular basis though so I only see it on app start for the most part. I can add an option to disable it or maybe I'll only show it on the home screen or something..

2 Likes

I have a Google Mini (Chromecast) device and a Shield TV but they don't support the MusicPlayer device type. I should look at what they report when playing music to see if there's any track info. That's what I'd also find useful but I don't think there's anything reported for these devices - at least not using the built-in HE Chromecast driver. If there's a better one let me know and I'll try it

I have a number of different speakers: 4 minis, 1 LG, I Nest Home - all controlled with the built in app:
The unknown bothers me, but since I have all speakers playing all of the time, it isnt that bad.
I typically dont use the forward/back track button, just the volume and mute/unmute

Here's one vote in the "like" column. But it never hurts to have the option. Thanks again, @jpage4500, this is the best HE add-on by far, IMO.