[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

@jpage4500. Once again I want to thank you for all the great work you've done with this dashboard. I've now got it installed on three Fire HD8 tablets throughout my house. I've installed them using flush mounts from mbmounts.com (see pic) and am powering them from a central 12 VDC power supply with 12-to-5 volt converters at each location. My principal use case is for activating HSM which is controlling my Konnected alarm panel. BTW, I used Fire Toolkit to remove all the Amazon apps, including all the advertising.

Now that I've been using it for a few days, if I can be so bold, I've got a couple of feature requests:

• Could you possibly add a second time duration option for sleep mode? This would allow me to set the tablets to snooze during the day while we're away and come back on in the evening then snooze again at night.
  • I've got all my alarm contacts in one folder tile. My intent is to check to make sure that all alarm points are closed prior to activating the alarm system. If any alarm point is open (active) it triggers a momentary change where the number in the center of the folder tile changes to an asterisk, however it reverts back to a number very quickly. So, you can't be sure of knowing if any alarm point is open unless you open up the folder. Could you please change the indicator (asterisk) so that it continues to show if any alarm point is open?

Thanks again!

BTW, I'm using the standard release from the Google Play store.

I used a pea-size bit of http://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Fun-Tak-Mounting-2-Ounce-1087306/dp/B001F57ZPW near each corner. No muss, no fuss, no holes, easy to relocate.

Is this a device you added to HE? I'd like to try setting it up myself and I can work on adding support for it. I've also got a few Google devices around the house. They're added to HE using the Chromecast app but I haven't seen any media info

I'm also using mbmounts and am a big fan! Our house had an old CPI alarm panel here so I used the existing wires with a 12V adapter (an option with the mount) to hide the cables.

Could you possibly add a second time duration option for sleep mode?

This is on my TODO list; the challenge for me is how to present the UI for it but it'll get in

I've got all my alarm contacts in one folder tile. My intent is to check to make sure that all alarm points are closed prior to activating the alarm system

I've been trying to figure out better folder display options. My plan was to group similar device types (ie: doors) into a single 'stacked' item. It would allow you to see if all devices were on/off (open/closed) or if there was a mixed status w/out opening the folder.

The trouble I'm having now is how to display these.. here's what I've got so far but I'm not happy with it:
image image

If anyone has any thoughts on how to display these let me know!

I actually like to use a photo of a light bulb, door, fan, etc for my folder cover. Maybe you could keep as is and add a small icon in the bottom right corner or an asterix to let you know a contact is open or a light is on. Or, maybe just add a frame to the folder that would change color if a device in the folder is on or open.
I am not a programmer, so I do not know how hard or easy this is for you. Just tossing out ideas.!

I'm a fan of the current folder display (allowing the first 4 icons in the folder to display their current status). It allows me to prioritize the items that I want see at a glance without having to drill down any further.

1 Like

I like it! Does the "Lights" photo change to indicate on/off?

No it doesn't. That's why I thought it would be nice to have an icon with the number of " on or open devices" or a border that changes color if a light is on or a door is open.

3 Likes

I'm not picky. I just need some indication if any contact points (doors, windows, motion sensors, etc.) are "open" within my single alarm folder. That way I know that it's OK to activate the alarm system. Maybe you could just change from the number of folder items (in the middle circle) to an asterisk if any of the folder contents are open.

I'll look at it today when I get home. I just received two boxes of switches and sensors - so I'll be hands-on.

I wasn't going to replace that 4 device folder view.. just going to add an option to stack devices with the same device type. If/when I get it finished I'll post all 3 folder view options side-by-side..

I like that screenshot! I'll see if I can add some images like you have to the app so they're easy for anyone to use. Since these aren't transparent (png) I'll see if I can add some logic to make the image fill in the entire space too which might look a little better.

Along the lines of what you said, I'm thinking of adding a little bubble at the bottom of the folder which would have the number of 'on/open' devices and the total number of devices in that folder. For example "(1/4)" would indicate 1 of the devices was on/open and 4 total in the folder. That would replace the current number in the middle of the folder and I'd show it for all folder views.

3 Likes

I like that concept, and it wouldn't change the "show content" view much either. With the existing folder photo cover view, There is no way of knowing how many items are in the folder or which devices are "on/open", without opening it, or switching to "show all devices" view.

Thanks for all your hard work and excitement with this dashboard.

I added a media tile using the google speaker. It only seems to control volume, including mute. Can't move to next song. The media tile seems to only control the speaker, not what's feeding it.

EDIT: Weird -- went in to devices -- paused from there and then pause showed up on the tile, and works.

version 1.0.757 (beta)

• lots of folder display improvements
  • added many new built-in icons

There's been a LOT of folder changes and I'll try to explain them in detail.. but, you can also just skip to the pictures and try it out too :slight_smile:

• There's a new option when editing a folder: "Stack Devices". When checked, it'll group the folder's contents by device type (ie: locks or doors) and show just a single 'stacked' image instead of showing them individually on the folder cover.
  • Stacking only works for certain device types where it might not be necessary to view EVERY device
  • The icon that's displayed on top of the 'stack' is the ON icon if ANY of the devices are on/open. So, if 1 out of 10 doors are open - the open door icon is displayed. If all 10 are closed, the closed icon is displayed
  • There's also 2 new status bubbles at the bottom-right of a folder which show the total number of 'on' devices and the total number of devices inside.
  • If no devices are 'on', the on status bubble isn't displayed
  • If all individual devices are visible on the folder, both status bubbles aren't displayed.. basically, I didn't want these to get in the way if you have 4 devices in the folder and you can view them on the cover already.

If you just want to see a single image on the folder, there's some new changes here too:

• You'll now see the status bubbles at the bottom-right
  • You can now set an 'on' and 'off' image for any folder; The 'on' image will be used if ANY of the contained devices are on/open
  • The folder background color can also be set to 1 color when any devices are on/open and another color when they're all off/closed

left: 3 of 5 locks are unlocked --- right: all 5 locks are locked

This one was fairly complicated as I wanted to handle several different cases.. as such, let me know if something doesn't work or look right!

3 Likes

How do you turn off the bubbles on the folders?

Edit:

I'd replaced the icons on the folders with room icons which looked very clean, but now the room icons have bubbles. Is there a way to only display the bubbles if you want them?

Thanks.

Excellent dashboard app.

1 Like

sure, easy enough to add that option

1 Like

When will the beta be available on the Play Store?
Would love to get my hands on the new features!

Thank you.

Some other requests:

An option to disable the top bar with the edit and menu icons, since you can get at them from the swipe right menu.

The option to replace the icon on an app tile.

When editing in a folder, allow the adding of tiles directly rather than creating them at the top level and dragging them down. I'm thinking mostly of spacing tiles and sub folders.

Thanks.

Edit: Changed some words to translate the post into human.

This link always contains the latest beta.
https://jpage4500.s3.amazonaws.com/hubitat-dashboard/hubitat-dashboard-beta.apk
Enjoy :slight_smile:

I like how they turned out. I can now tell at a glance if anything is open/on.

1 Like