[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I'm assuming you mean the release (non-beta) version of the Play Store -- it's been a few weeks since I updated that version so I'll do that now (it won't include this last change though just to make sure it's working first).

I'll update Amazon App Store too while I'm at it

Hate to nitpick, but I would like the option to revert folders to their previous behavior. Here's a couple of screen shots (latest vs prior release) to help show why.

• For items that contain a mix of devices, the 'On if any on/open' display logic isn't always appropriate. For example my 'Doors' folder includes a mailbox door sensor which (because of the way it is installed) is open when the door is actually closed. The yellow bubble alert is distracting and has no significance, because all doors are in their normal state with one sensor 'on'. Also (personal preference) the yellow icon, while attention getting, seems to throw off the look of my page.

• Previously the four live icons shown in the folder view were determined by the order of their placement in the folder. Now, for a folder of tiles in which the first four are 'off' but the very last one is 'on', that tile's icon will be shown on the folder. It takes away the ability to prioritize the folder view (for example, see the illuminated fishbowl icon on the 'Lights' folder tile, which represents the aquarium lights on the left screenshot-- it's normally 'on' and is positioned as the last tile in my folder of lights. I'd rather see the folder's previous behavior, which allowed me to verify the normally 'off' state of the lights I expect to be off, rather than the alert bubble when things are in their expected state. As another example of this behavior, my 'Status' folder now always shows two leak sensor icons , when before it showed the first four tiles I chose (which were virtual switches; one of those was a summary status icon letting me know that all my leak detectors were in the dry state).

I understand the motivation to add logic to the folder display, but I built the logic into my apps with virtual switches (that show 'summary states'), and I'd like to retain the ability to display them in a preferred order.

• Four icons used to be shown on the folder view; now for some reason only two are shown in some cases (see the left screen shot, the 'Controls' folder only displays two switch when the previous version (right screen shot, 'Controls' folder tile) showed four. Also, there seems to be a bug since the first icon on the Controls folder tile is shown in the 'on' state; the folder itself consists of 10 tiles (representing virtual switches), all of which were actually in the 'off' state when the screenshot was snapped.

EDIT: More detail about what I called a logic bug... It isn't what I thought (one of the switches is indeed 'on') but the icon for that switch isn't the one that should be displayed for the 'on' state-- said switch is customized to display the red slide switch icon when in the 'on' state, and instead the folder is displaying a vertically oriented yellow one-- which actually is how the very first customized tile is set to display when 'on' (but that first tile happens to be 'off'). So the folder view is showing me how the first icon is set to display when 'on', but using the state data from the last icon in the folder.

Kind of confusing, but to summarize the scenario: Currently all switches in the folder are 'off' except for the last one. All tiles (except for the first one) are set to display green icons when off, red when on (except the first one.. it is set to yellow when on and green when off). Folder display is using the 'on' icon customization of the first tile to represent the 'on' state of the (differently customized) last tile.

version 1.0.762 (beta)

• add option to hide 'on' folder count status bubble
  • change how we scale non-transparent custom device images

The first item is just a folder setting to show the 'on' device count.. if unchecked, you'll just see the total number of devices in a folder like before.

The other change is something that affects non-transparent custom device (or folder) images. All of the built-in app icons/images are transparent .png. But, if you set a custom image that's a jpg/bmp you'll notice that often the image doesn't fill the entire width of the tile. Now, if you use a jpg/bmp image it'll fill the entire tile width regardless of what image you use.

NOTE: I considered making the image fit the entire tile but then I'd have to change the text so it'd be easier to see.. for now I'm still leaving space at the top and bottom but I can tweak it later if desired.

BEFORE example: image
AFTER example:

Also, I updated Google Play and Amazon App Store production versions to 1.0.750

1 Like

you can now hide that 'on' device count bubble

Previously the four live icons shown in the folder view were determined by the order of their placement in the folder. Now, for a folder of tiles in which the first four are 'off' but the very last one is 'on', that tile's icon will be shown on the folder

You should be able to uncheck the 'stacked' option and the folder view will work like it did previously - showing the first 4 devices in the folder. Let me know if you did and this isn't working correctly though

Kind of confusing, but to summarize the scenario: Currently all switches in the folder are 'off' except for the last one. All tiles (except for the first one) are set to display green icons when off, red when on

I think I'm following here.. yeah, the stacking logic doesn't take into account custom images you might be using. I'm not sure how I'd even do that (easily). In that case, hopefully unchecking the 'stack' option will work like it did before - the first 4 folder devices all showing their customized images.

glad to hear! some other tips/tricks for anyone who's doing something similar to this too...

• that custom folder image can now change depending on if any of the devices inside are on/open too.. for example, that light picture could change to one with the light-bulb off if all lights are off
  • same with the folder background.. ie: blue for all lights off and green if 1+ light is on

To do that, just edit the folder -> select icons -> select "This device" and either "on" or "off" option only (on option would be if 1+ light is on and off would be if they're all off)

I know it's fairly complicated so I just want to offer any tips for someone who might want to try. Maybe I can throw together some quick YT video's to illustrate it when I have time too..

1 Like

Excellent! Just tried it out and I'm really happy with the granularity you have given to the new folder behaviors. I will probably wind up add some new folders to take advantage of it.

I was playing around with having the background color change on/off open/close.
I changed the color for open/on, but it only changes if I refresh the page. This seems to be the same with the device "on/off" bubble also

I'll look at this.. should be an easy fix

I wish I had a dollar for every time I said that and it wasn't. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

As one of the instigators of these folder changes, here is my feedback:

I still don't see a resolution to my "Security Alarm Points folder" request. I would like to be able to see if any one of the included alarm points is open from the folder cover. Currently, the number in the middle flashes an asterisk when an alarm point is open, but reverts back to the number of items in the folder very quickly.

The alarm folder does not show the "on" device count on the folder cover. I've double-checked that "Show 'on' Device Count" is enabled. This would solve my requirement.

Also, the stacking seems to differentiate switches from dimmers. I have a number of folders with both switches and dimmers. The folder cover shows two lights, but to my wife they are all just lights. Lights switches and dimmers should really be stacked all together. Again in this scenario, the folder does not show the "on" device count (which would be nice).

@jpage4500 Thanks again for all the time you've put into this. I like the direction you are going.

The new update allows me to get rid of the open count bubble, but not the device count bubble.

Before, if you replaced the contents view on a folder with an icon you just got the icon. Now you get the icon with a bubble.

Ideally I'd like to be able to remove the count bubble as well.

There are some sensor folders where I might want an indicator but most of the folders are for controlling rooms and the bubble just looks ugly on a clean display.

Thank you for all the work you're doing on this. Awesome stuff.

hmm.. so, in that circled folder you have 16 total devices (windows & doors) and there's one open? If so, it sounds like it's just a bug as you should see the yellow bubble. I don't have any folders on my dashboard yet (the more devices I get the more I'm going to need this though..)

actually, your screenshot reminds me of another bug.. I'm moving the bubbles to the middle if there's more than 1 device on the folder cover - but they both won't both appear together in the middle.. I might just keep them on the bottom-right

yeah, that makes sense too

version 1.0.767 (beta)

• option to hide folder status bubbles (both on and total)
  • fix folder status updating when a device inside changes state
  • add more stackable device types

This version has a few fixes/changes for folders - as usual let me know if you see any issues!

3 Likes

Just a sanity check here...

The last update to hit my devices is .750

I thought I had used the beta package when I installed but maybe not. It's not a big deal to me so I'll hang on what I have.

Working well for me now. Thanks.

I didn't mention it but this is there in 1.0.750

this one too should be fixed

1 Like

It is and it works great. Thanks again for doing this.

Not sure if this has been asked or if it's possible but can the tile used for HSM display an HSM alert as well and if so have an option to clear the alert or create a new tile just to show alerts.

You can add the "HSM" tile to the app to view and control HSM state. I'm not sure what you mean about HSM alerts though.. not sure if there's a way to get the recent HSM alerts from the hub but if so let me know and I'll look into it.